#51 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

The developer is Daedalus. I haven't heard anything on the specific plans. I just knew that they were developing the project.

#52 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

I drove over from Dallas with two friends Saturday to attend a free dance performance at the Modern.  I decided to take my friends to dinner at BJ Keefers on Magnolia.  The last time I ate there, I was aware the placed had changed owners, but the food was the very same, as if nothing had changed.  You can imagine how embarrassed I was, after bragging about how great the food was, to find the place has totally gone downhill.  That wonderful fixin's bar is gone and to my horror the best onion rings in the world have been replaced with the greasy, frozen, tasteless variety. I didn't even like onion rings until I had them at BJ's!!! Nothing we ordered was good, and the new owners are pushing the new Italian menu.  I did notice all of the new construction around and it looks great.  It's such a shame now that the area is finally coming into its own, one of its institutions has died.  RIP BJ Keefers.

View Post

WOW! If I never told the truth I am now. I was thier for the first time in 8 years On the very same day! I was thier around 11 A.M. And yes like you I was not happy with the 10 bucks for a overrated hambuger! It's lost that loving feeling.

Oh yea by the way the rebirth is there and happy to see the area come alive. I hope Fort Worth show to all the nay sayers out thier that Fort Worth is not just downtown. Race Street , and Rosedale area's are coming along as well. Southeast and Northeast Fort Worth have no ties to me growing up. But I care for the city overall.

#53 SouthSideAllan2000

SouthSideAllan2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

I just heard that the old Weinstein hardware store building on the corner of Magnolia and Jennings (right by St. Mary of the Assumption) is being restored and expanded. The new building will be retail on the bottom, condominiums on the top. Anyone know who's the developer, schedule, etc.?

Norbert

View Post

Oh wow that's great news. I look forward to seeing the progress every sunday morning. They are finally removing the traffic lights on that intersection and the next one to the east. The Jennings/Magnolia light lasts minutes(not second) to change on the Jennings side, terrible. Hopefully this project will help St. Mary's 'renaissance' move along.

The 'renaissance' as our priest calls it will be a beautification of St. Mary's properties. I don't remember much details but the parking lot directly behind the church will be converted into a garden or gathering area. Supposedly, many people wanted a new hall built on the land on Hemphill behind the pharmacy, which would replace the awful St. Mary's Hall but nothing has been said about it in years and I don't even know if St. Mary's owns the land. I also vaguely remember hearing that the school building behind the church would be replaced or renovated and added on to. At some point they will be adding more parking but no idea of when and where, I guess when the hardware store project gets built and they complain about parishioners parking in their lot. Anyway, the project is being funded through the weekly collection so it will be a very long time before the project gets built if its to be something grand but they've already been taking collections for it for at least a year probably more so I'd consider it a done deal, I think they have a goal of either a certain amount of time or an amount then they will get the parishioners opinion on what should be done. I'll try to assert my influence for a great project. ;)

#54 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

Good news, Texana Townhomes has actually broken ground. I was skeptical when I read it in the July update on fwsouth.com, but I drove by today and sure enough there was level dirt as opposed to weeds. I was getting a bit worried about this project (it was delayed for almost a year) because any failed project on Oleander would probably put a negative connotation to a fragile development area. But for now...bring on more projects for Oleander!

#55 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

Anyone know how many units Texana will offer?
Anyone know how many units are remaining for sale in the existing 4-unit townhome development b/w Oleander and Magnolia?

Has anyone taken a tour of those?

If I bought one I would cover the bottom floor (the cinder block part) with lattice and ivy.

#56 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

Anyone know how many units Texana will offer?

View Post

The first phase (UC) will have 6 units, but the ultimate plan is for 14. Here's a rendering just to refresh everyone's memory (from FWSouth.com):

Posted Image

#57 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Nice looking place it's gonna be, but how's the area around it. low-crime spot i hope

#58 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:16 AM

You guys should check out Fort Worth South's newsletter if you haven't already, there's a great rendering of St. Joseph's and some more info on other projects:

http://www.fortworth...ters/aug05.html

#59 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

Texana Townhomes coming along rather nicely. Thankfully they're a lot closer to the street than I had originally thought.

Posted Image

#60 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

short set backs - good!

Low crime area? Not sure actually. I would look at it this way....it was in decline for many decades, and had a new quasi-bohemian element that began to emerge in the 1990's which has gradually grown. Still low density and demographically very heterogenious - which I think attracts a very cool, open-minded set. Will continue to appeal to urban pioneers who see what this district will become.
I don't perceive crime to be a problem around there, however families with children will likely be the last movers into a newly revitalized nieghborhoods - that goes for any city.

This is more of the kind of place where you'll find artists, writers, musicians, other creative types, and those who want to be around them - I think this is what is happening now and what will be the district's identity in the long run. TONS of potential.

#61 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

I hope they don't put fences around them. I'm so glad that area is finally seeing some development. It has sooo much potential to be a really cool part of town.

#62 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

I hope they don't put fences around them.  I'm so glad that area is finally seeing some development.  It has sooo much potential to be a really cool part of town.

View Post

Totally agree - fences are Maginot lines, and signal to prospective residents that the neighborhood isn't safe. The presence of street-level windows, plentiful street lights, and an active pedestrian neighborhood will deter crime.

#63 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

Texana townhomes are looking good.

Posted Image

A bit hard to get it all in a decently sized pic...

Posted Image

#64 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

Different look for FW---anyone know who the architect is/was?

#65 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

This article appeared in Fort Worth Magazine and Fort Worth South has published it on their web site.

http://www.fortworth...ftwmag7-05.html

#66 SouthSideAllan2000

SouthSideAllan2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

What do you all think of the names they want to use for the district:

Give the District a Name

The area needs an umbrella name for the individual distinct districts to identify with, i.e. The Medical District in SoLA, or Oleander Walk in So30, or Magnolia in Fort Worth South. The Marketing Committee has narrowed down the possible name to the following.

Please choose a new district name:

SoLa

So30

SouthTown

"Your Choice"

send your choice and/or comments to:
nancy@fortworthsouth.org

#67 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

And just what is wrong with Fort Worth South? Please, So30??? Where is this sudden push to cheesify Fort Worth South's otherwise excellent success coming from? Everyone I know lumps FWS into the "Greater Southside" anyway, officially changing the name isn't going to help its recognition much.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with SouthTown, it's the least cheesy of the bunch.

#68 SouthSideAllan2000

SouthSideAllan2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

That's what I was thinking. If they always use Fort Worth South then it should help distingush it from the rest of the south side.

#69 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

Sur del Centro? Why not some Spanish influential names?

SouthPlace?

Southern Oaks?

Mid Town?

Dirty Dirty South?

Lower Central?

Lower Landry? Tom Landry H-way

Lo30?

LoLan? Like Lohann, but w/o the WOWsers.

New South

Nuevo Sur?

South Main?

throw that SoLa crap out the window. To Hollywood/Sunset for Fort Worth.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#70 gdvanc

gdvanc
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

SoLa

SoCliché

So30

SoThirty? SoDorky!
SoThreeOh? Too contrived.

SouthTown

Crikey, that sounds like a mall. Boring! Why not just call it Smallville or AnyTown, USA?

At least try them in a sentence:

"Yeah, we just bought a beautiful old bungalow in So30."

...or...

"Me? I'm working as a graphic artist in SouthTown."

See? Those are just sad.

What's the goal of the new name? If it's to be indistinguishable from the SoBes and SoWas and SoMas and SoBros and - what? - half a dozen SoHos, then your on the right track.

Otherwise, these are all NoGos.

Back to the drawing board. To be fresh and original, it helps to not imitate what others are doing. Don't be afraid to consult a marketing whiz. And, for crying out loud, ignore all suggestions from real estate developers.

Or just go with something like LotsODocs.

#71 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

SoLa

SoCliché

So30

Or just go with something like LotsODocs.

LotsODocs -
I LOVE it :wub: That is sooooo appropriate! Heck you could almost call it HarrisLand. So, I guess I'm pretty far out of the loop - what does SoLa stand for?? All I get out of it is south Louisiana :angry:

#72 gdvanc

gdvanc
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

SoLa = South of Lancaster. How cool is that? :wub:

How about SoDoToFoWo?

#73 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

SoLa
SoDoToFoWo. (Funny) I didn't know we were renaming a Samoan village here.

FW's vernacular has gone DIDDY.

Harris Town? Harris Heights to be exact.

ICU at LotsODocs baby. :roflol:
NeoNateTown.
VirusVillage.
HerniaHood.
NeedleNights. (as opposed to a NewOrleansNights)
FractionFlats.
EnemaEmpire.
MediVacVillage.

Geeh, I feel like I'm naming "Garbage Pail Kid" cards. :ph34r:
www.iheartfw.com

#74 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:28 PM

So30 sounds like it would be in the vicinity of So7, somewhat confusing in my opinion.

I think you could use something like SoTePac since the railroad was built as the Texas and Pacific.

Their successor was Missouri Pacific, often nicknamed MoPac (as Austin freeway name will attest). That could give us SoMoPac.

The railroad is currently operated by Union Pacific, but everyone nicknames that Uncle Pete or Onion Pacific.

These dang marketing people are relabelling our city. We got Upper West Side, we got Uptown and So7. What's wrong with the old names?

South District.

South End.

Short South Fort Worth.

Short South District.

Short South End.

New South Fort Worth

Historic Southside

SoTown.

SoTo.

NoBu (North of Burleson).

No20.

TGWNEFW. (Thank God We're Not East Fort Worth (j/k))
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#75 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

South Union Pacific.

SUP? :roflol:
www.iheartfw.com

#76 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

Why must that entire swath of territory be branded under just one brand? In the minds of the community, it is 2-3 districts - and if you look at the aerial photo on the FWS web site, you see there are natural divisions throughout.

I think FWS is trying to cram a square peg into a round hole by imposing one brand name on the entire area their organization manages. The part north of Rosedale should become the Magnolia District.
The part to the south should be Short South or Near South or Upper South perhaps.

#77 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

Below is a link to the submitted names for the area. Is there any one or more of these that you like?

http://www.fortworth...es/fwsnames.jpg

In addition to this, here is a link to Fort Worth South's October Newsletter:

http://www.fortworth...ters/oct05.html

#78 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Some are funny (NoB, biggrin.gif), but most are worthy of a roll of the eyes (Uptown South, do what?). Fort Worth South sounds better than any of them.

#79 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:39 AM

Maybe the forum should come up with a name to suggest.

#80 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:41 AM

I think this is all a bit silly. Names for districts just happen. And it already has a name (or names). Everyone knows what you mean when you say Near South Side, Magnolia area, Medical District, Misseltoe Heights, etc. We shouldn't have to ape NYC by coming up with names that remind us of SoHo or Upper West Side. Names in their style instead of ours makes us look more provincial and pretensious, not less.

#81 redhead

redhead

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

by gosh golly. How about rotflmao.gif

SoWha ?!

#82 Thurman52

Thurman52

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:20 PM

The Magnolia Green is really taking shape. The Cancer Center and Wells Fargo Look great.

Anyone tell me what the new steel structure on Magonila is? Spec Office is my guess..

#83 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:38 PM

It is the Magnolia Medical Building. I think it is a spec medical office building.

#84 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

Here's a pic of it from today:

IPB Image

#85 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:07 AM

Work is going to start soon on the restoration of the Max Mehl Building on the corner of Henderson and Magnolia.
IPB Image

#86 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:FW, TX, history, cooking, party planning/giving (Par-Tays Plus), vino! My dogs, chickens and duck!

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:43 AM

Actually, I believe the new building on Magnolia is for Gastroenterology Assoc of N TX and the Fort Worth Endoscopy Center. They are currently in the building on Summit/Lancaster with Ophthalmology Assoc. I do med transcription for these docs (GANT) and know they are building on Magnolia, but as I work out of my house and am not in on all specifics, can't be 1000% sure, just 900%.

#87 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:54 AM

Suerto, those tenants may be moving into the building, but the information that I had was that this building was a speculative multi-tenant type of structure.

#88 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Dec 23 2005, 08:07 AM) View Post

Work is going to start soon on the restoration of the Max Mehl Building on the corner of Henderson and Magnolia.

Cool, I've always liked that building. I hope they do something nice with the Magnolia facade at the street level. I wouldn't mind seeing the cast stone portion go away either.

Erik France

#89 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(pelligrini @ Dec 23 2005, 11:57 AM) View Post

Cool, I've always liked that building. I hope they do something nice with the Magnolia facade at the street level. I wouldn't mind seeing the cast stone portion go away either.

That corner of the building is where the name "MAX MEHL" is actually displayed. The arched portal was apparently the main entrance into the business that built the building, a well renowned coin dealership. I would think that makes preservation of the cast stone portion of the building an essential part of the overall building restoration.

#90 seurto

seurto

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Dec 23 2005, 10:54 AM) View Post

Suerto, those tenants may be moving into the building, but the information that I had was that this building was a speculative multi-tenant type of structure.

You're probably right John; as I said, I don't have all the specifics. For some reason (assumption probably), I thought it was just us. Oops. Guess I ought to get more info!

#91 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,454 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:57 AM

The cast stone portion of the Mehl Building is original, and the purist in me says it should be saved. I have a brief description of the building within the Medical District listings. Below is a link to that page:
http://www.fortworth...com/md/mehl.htm

#92 SquareOneDevelopment

SquareOneDevelopment

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Sep 6 2005, 05:32 PM) View Post

I hope they don't put fences around them. I'm so glad that area is finally seeing some development. It has sooo much potential to be a really cool part of town.

Very nice and good to see people keeping up with what's happening on the Southside. Thought I'd take the time to let y'all know what's happening with Texana Townhomes . . . this is the developer/builder of the project.

NO! There will NOT be fences around the homes. The public/private spaces blend so that you won't really be able to tell where one begins and the other ends. The initial renderings showed a lot more "front yard" space than there really is - only a 7 foot front and side set back!!

We tried hard to build quality, sustainable construction and keep it affordable . . . where we are starting at sales prices for Phase One is $189,900 for 1211 S. Adams. This is the only time we're offering this floor plan.

Most of the homes are around 1700 square feet. The building facade is Austin Stone and Brick - no Efis!!

Glad to see you keeping up with what's happening -

And so you know . . . Fort Worth South's January 2006 Members Breakfast is being held at Texana Townhomes -

You don't have to be a member, it's for first-timers, too. Every first Wednesday of the month, please feel free to come by this coming Wednesday, January 4, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to the 1200 block of S. Adams, east side of the street at Oleander Walk (between Rosedale and Magnolia). You'll be able to take a look at the first 3 units which are finished out and to be closed with the buyers in January, plus see all floor plans currently remaining in Phase One and also available in Phase Two.

Regards to you,

Chris Brassard - Square One Development

P.S. Our web site will be fully up and operational by January 15, 2006.

QUOTE(vjackson @ Sep 6 2005, 05:32 PM) View Post

Very nice and good to see people keeping up with what's happening on the Southside. Thought I'd take the time to let y'all know what's happening with Texana Townhomes . . . this is the developer/builder of the project.

NO! There will NOT be fences around the homes. The public/private spaces blend so that you won't really be able to tell where one begins and the other ends. The initial renderings showed a lot more "front yard" space than there really is - only a 7 foot front and side set back!!

We tried hard to build quality, sustainable construction and keep it affordable . . . where we are starting at sales prices for Phase One is $189,900 for 1211 S. Adams. This is the only time we're offering this floor plan.

Most of the homes are around 1700 square feet. The building facade is Austin Stone and Brick - no Efis!!

Glad to see you keeping up with what's happening -

And so you know . . . Fort Worth South's January 2006 Members Breakfast is being held at Texana Townhomes -

You don't have to be a member, it's for first-timers, too. Every first Wednesday of the month, please feel free to come by this coming Wednesday, January 4, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to the 1200 block of S. Adams, east side of the street at Oleander Walk (between Rosedale and Magnolia). You'll be able to take a look at the first 3 units which are finished out and to be closed with the buyers in January, plus see all floor plans currently remaining in Phase One and also available in Phase Two.

Regards to you,

Chris Brassard - Square One Development

P.S. Our web site will be fully up and operational by January 15, 2006.

#93 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:58 PM

Thanks very much for posting Mr. Brassard, it's good to know that people putting effort into Fort Worth care enough to see what the community thinks. I think it's great that you guys are trying to make Texana more affordable than other urban developments going on in Fort Worth, I believe that socio-economic diversity goes a long way towards making a place truly vibrant. Also, I drove by the other day, and noticed the brick and stone - it looks very sharp, not really what I expected based on the rendering, but better.

I'm looking forward to the website, and perhaps hearing about future developments you surely have planned for Fort Worth. smilewinkgrin.gif

#94 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:28 PM

Here are some updated shots:

Mehl building

IPB Image

Texana

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oleander Walk

IPB Image

Magnolia Green

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And downtown...(why not?)

IPB Image

#95 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:46 PM

Yay! Magnolia Green is going ahead with its townhome portion of the development, and they're going to be by Village Homes! I hope this marks the beginning of larger companies building townhomes in Fort Worth South (of course, keeping the smaller developments thriving.) Also, $106/sf isn't bad at all!

You can find more renderings at Village's website, here.

Village Homes to break ground on new townhome development in Medical District

Star-Telegram Advertising

Village Homes is pleased to announce its participation in an exciting new development located in the Medical District. Village Homes was selected by Red Oak Realty to build 17 townhomes located off Magnolia Green Drive and Lipscomb.

The townhomes at Magnolia Green will be feature three-story townhomes that range in size from 2,350 to 2,450 square feet. All of the townhomes will feature roof-top terraces that provide amazing views of downtown Fort Worth. Construction will begin in September and reservations are being offered as plans and pricing are finalized.

"The demand is growing for quality homes in this area," said Seth Fowler, sales person for Village Homes. "Magnolia Green is minutes from the downtown business and cultural district and is surrounded by newly constructed medical offices, local restaurants and stores. The overall development will also include a one-acre park which will only add to the renaissance of this area."

The townhomes will evoke a "modern brownstone" aesthetic both inside and out. The homes at Magnolia Green will feature four different floor plans that feature a variety of unique details to allow the homeowner to select a home that is ideal for a sophisticated, urban lifestyle. As is standard in all Village Homes, these homes will feature a variety of quality materials, including hardwood floors, granite counters in the kitchen, Scandinavian cabinetry, designer plumbing fixtures and stainless steel appliances.

A series of custom designed interior selection options has been carefully prepared that continue the sleek, contemporary look of these stunning homes.

Village Homes, www.homesofcharacter, has been building single-family homes and townhomes in Fort Worth since 1996, and has built a reputation as one of the finest builders in the city. With a desire to build quality homes with compelling architectural styles, Village Homes has transformed the residential construction market in Fort Worth by building homes that not only provide lasting value to the community but continue to grow in beauty.

Village Homes will begin construction of Magnolia Green in September and is offering a reservation program that will allow homeowners to take advantage of early purchase incentives and the ability to select the plan and location of their choice. These homes will be available from $250,000.

For more information about this exciting new project, please contact Fowler at 817-980-6636.

#96 rogerdr

rogerdr

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Listening to the cicadas and looking for geckos and horned lizards.

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(Now in Denton @ Jul 18 2005, 11:11 AM) View Post

QUOTE(vjackson @ Jul 13 2005, 08:11 PM)
I drove over from Dallas with two friends Saturday to attend a free dance performance at the Modern. I decided to take my friends to dinner at BJ Keefers on Magnolia. The last time I ate there, I was aware the placed had changed owners, but the food was the very same, as if nothing had changed. You can imagine how embarrassed I was, after bragging about how great the food was, to find the place has totally gone downhill. That wonderful fixin's bar is gone and to my horror the best onion rings in the world have been replaced with the greasy, frozen, tasteless variety. I didn't even like onion rings until I had them at BJ's!!! Nothing we ordered was good, and the new owners are pushing the new Italian menu. I did notice all of the new construction around and it looks great. It's such a shame now that the area is finally coming into its own, one of its institutions has died. RIP BJ Keefers.
View Post

WOW! If I never told the truth I am now. I was thier for the first time in 8 years On the very same day! I was thier around 11 A.M. And yes like you I was not happy with the 10 bucks for a overrated hambuger! It's lost that loving feeling.

Hope was a friend way back in the `90s. Knowing the dynamics of Bill & his wife, not to mention the revolving help, it's a miracle the goodness lasted so long.

#97 angie013

angie013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone know what they plan on doing with the Mehl? I live a few steps away from there and have been curious.

#98 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

Check out the newsletter for October, it mentions a possible redesign of Hemphill St. through Magnolia Village.

http://www.fortworth.../News 10-06.pdf

#99 jmilam

jmilam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

Does anyone know more information on the Fairmount Loft 2nd phase? I know the 1st has been completed for some time. Has it been cancelled?

thanks...

#100 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

I haven't heard anything about the 2nd phase of the lofts for a while. Haven't heard that they've been cancelled, so I'm not sure what's up.

--

Kara B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users