110 replies to this topic

#51 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:55 PM

I took the new eastbound 121 to southbound I-820 ramp (lower left corner of Austin's photo) the other day.  It doesn't connect to the main lanes of 820 yet but takes you all the way down to the Randol Mill Rd stoplight then you can proceed south on 820 from there.

#52 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:21 PM

You can also see the Trinity Trail section beyond Loop 820 in Austin's photograph.

#53 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

You can also see the Trinity Trail section beyond Loop 820 in Austin's photograph.

How far east does it go.....Precinct Line Rd?

#54 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

The last time I was out there, the trail ended at River Trails Park.  After that, you can take residential streets over to Precinct Line Road.  There, the trail picked up again, but it was in several segments and didn't connect.  I haven't been out there in quite some time, so more trail work may have been completed.

#55 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:19 AM

Was riding just south of trinity lakes development last night along the trial.  They have a large pump that has cleared the ponds south of Trinity Blvd and have several excavators and bulldozers and other large equipment stages, not sure if its more than just finally finishing the ponds around the area or related to new development

I saw that too.

My blog: Doohickie

#56 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:23 AM

The last time I was out there, the trail ended at River Trails Park.  After that, you can take residential streets over to Precinct Line Road.  There, the trail picked up again, but it was in several segments and didn't connect.  I haven't been out there in quite some time, so more trail work may have been completed.

I rode it out as far as River Trails Park then went to Precinct Line Road for my turnaround point.  The construction equipment has all been removed under 820 so it's pretty easy to get from the Quanah Parker Park trail extension to the River Trails trail.  It's packed stone between them.

#57 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:50 AM

I'm going to try to get out there in the next couple of weeks to see if there have been any changes.  The last several times I rode out that way, there was construction equipment operating under Loop 820 and the warning signs clearly state not to enter during construction.

#58 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:19 PM

Trinity Lakes form based zoning code has several changes proposed.

Staff is proposing Zoning Ordinance text amendments for the Trinity Lakes Development Code. The purpose of

the amendments is to accommodate significant changes that have occurred in the Trinity Lakes form-based
district since the code was adopted by the City Council on December 4, 2012 and amended on January 27,
2015. The most significant change is the new Trinity Railway Express (TRE) transit station moving from
Richland Hills to the Village Mixed Use character zone subdistrict. In addition, Interstate 820 is being widen
and modernized including frontage roads providing highway access. Lastly, Trinity Boulevard is being
reconstructed. As a result, changes are being recommended by the Urban Design Commission (UDC) and staff
to the Boulevard, Highway, Transition, and Village Mixed Use character zone subdistricts.
Specifically, the amendments are as follows:
1) Adjust all residential parking requirements to one (1) space per unit reflecting current Transit Oriented
Development best practices.
2) Adjust maximum building height from three (3) to six (6) stories in the Boulevard Mixed Use character
zone.
3) Adjust maximum building height from three (3) to four (4) stories in the Transition character zone.
4) Limit building height to two (2) stories within 30 feet of lakeside frontage areas.
5) Clarify 65% maximum permeable lot coverage requirement.

You can see the changes yourself starting on page 254 of next weeks zoning docket. https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/departments/citysecretary/events/zoning-commission-agenda 

4h0BCQA.png?1

#59 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 10:44 AM

Council Member Gyna Bivens chatted with Fort Worth Report about things going on in her district, including Trinity Lakes.

https://fortworthrep...ast-fort-worth/

Trinity-Lakes-rendering.jpg?w=1430&ssl=1

#60 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 10:46 AM

Did anyone catch the renderings of the station? Certainly way nicer than a typical TRE mid-cities style station.

uGgxzdt.jpg

ytXtv1G.jpg

I would say some value engineering has happened in the last 15 months.

#61 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 10:57 AM

I thought Austin already posted this from the Gateway Planning packet but I couldn't find it or the link was dead.  (Nice to see those filthy gas wells throughout this development....great job guys).

Here's a new link and overall Trinity Lakes Master Mixed-Use Dev Plan:

https://www.fortwort...opment-code.pdf

bnGGFbf.jpg

#62 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:14 PM

Did anyone catch the renderings of the station? Certainly way nicer than a typical TRE mid-cities style station.

uGgxzdt.jpg

ytXtv1G.jpg

And this is why I almost never get my hopes up anymore. 

(...also, why does it look more like a Dallas station?)

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#63 NSFW

NSFW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Bike riding, Trinity Trails, food, supporting local business. Buy Local!

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:41 PM

I thought Austin already posted this from the Gateway Planning packet but I couldn't find it or the link was dead.  (Nice to see those filthy gas wells throughout this development....great job guys).
bnGGFbf.jpg

It appears Gateway planning is no longer in business.

Adrian

#64 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

Here's a small portion of  the Trinity Lakes Project but you can see who the players are:

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2022004872

PROJECT
Project Name: Trinity Lakes Residential Phase 17B
Project Number: TABS2022004872
Facility Name: trinity Lakes Residential Phase 17B
Location Address: Trammel Davis and Walker Creek
Fort Worth, TX 76118
Location County: Tarrant
Start Date: 10/22/2021
Completion Date: 11/10/2021
Estimated Cost: $51,000
Type of Work: New Construction
Type of Funds: This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work: Handicap Ramps
Square Footage: 400 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant? No
Current Status: Project Registered

OWNER
Owner Name: Riverbend Investments LTD
Owner Address: PO Box 185104
Fort Worth, Texas 76181
Contact Name: Kenneth Newell

TENANT
Not Assigned

DESIGN FIRM
Design Firm Name:
DCG Engineering, Inc.
Design Firm Address:
1668 Keller Parkway, Suite 100
Keller, Texas 76248

#65 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:28 AM

bnGGFbf.jpg

A nice connection to the Trinity Trails.

#66 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 07:45 AM

I saw photos this morning on a rail fan Facebook group of what appears to be the start of construction for the new TRE station.

#67 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 10:27 AM

Drove by this weekend. It looks for sure like crews have started moving forward with some of the interior roads on the site. I could not make out the tracks very well.

#68 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 02:27 PM

Looks like a lot of clearing and grading mostly so far.  I haven't looked close enough to notice any street work.  The western portion of the site has been used for access and staging for the 820/121 project.

#69 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:46 PM

Fort Worth Report article on Trinity Metro has an update about Trinity Lakes Station, says the opening will be in October 2023. https://fortworthrep...p-improvements/

#70 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:52 AM

Wouldn't the developers (and Trinity Metro) want the density to be maximized within 1/4 - 1/2 mile walking radius of the station?  Master plan posted above appears to show lowish density.

#71 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:36 PM

Wouldn't the developers (and Trinity Metro) want the density to be maximized within 1/4 - 1/2 mile walking radius of the station?  Master plan posted above appears to show lowish density.

For that area that is "High Density"

#72 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 12:53 PM

New UDC Case
The applicant requests a COA for a waiver from the Trinity Lakes Standards and Guidelines for the following the following items:
a) A waiver to allow angled parking along a Type A street (Trinity Station Way).
Case: UDC-22-138
Council District: 5
Future Council District: 5
Date: February 16, 2023 @10:00 AM
Address: 7900 Trinity Boulevard
7900-trinity.png

Also this UDC Case:
New Case
Recommendation to the City Council on the proposed text amendment to the Trinity Lakes Form-Based Code and Design Guidelines to revise parking, lane width, and road width standards in certain subdistricts of Trinity Lakes.
Case: UDC-2023-001
Council District: 5
Future Council District: 5
Date: February 16, 2023 @10:00 AM
Address: Trinity Lakes Form-Based District

https://accela.fortw...ShowInspection=

trinity-lakes.jpg

#73 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 07 June 2023 - 11:58 AM

uGgxzdt.jpg

ytXtv1G.jpg

Just drove by the construction around the 820/121 merger and noticed that they have started construction on the station.  I can see in this design that the framing for the rounded section just behind the clock is what they are working on.  At least that is what it looked like to me.

#74 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 10:57 AM

uGgxzdt.jpg

ytXtv1G.jpg

And this is why I almost never get my hopes up anymore. 

(...also, why does it look more like a Dallas station?)

Got a closer look yesterday and this is definitely what is being built and not the upscale station we thought.  Honestly I'm ok with it because I was a little unsure as to why Trinity Lakes was getting such a nice station.  

#75 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 11:22 AM

Not surprising they did a bait and switch.  I drove by and could see these metal structures being built just through the underpass of the old frontage road to Hwy 10 under 820.  Someone asked, "why do they need another station so close to the Richland Hills / Handley-Ederville Station?  There's just no way people are going to walk from Richland Hills Station to Trinity Lakes even if it is less than a mile away.  There's not really a good straight shot either unless they build a nicer sidewalk under the new highway along the access road but that's still a busy area to be walking and factor in heat and weather.

#76 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 12:37 PM

I believe they are building this station because they are going to stop service at the NRH station.

#77 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 01:11 PM

I believe they are building this station because they are going to stop service at the NRH station.

Oh, wow, I had no idea about that.  It is sort of an odd / busy place to try and access with Handley-Ederville stop light at the RR track crossing, just always seems a like busy place for delivery trucks and such.

#78 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 02:49 PM

Richland Hills pulled out of Trinity Metro several years ago.

#79 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 02:50 PM

The reason the service is being stopped in Richland Hills is that in 2016, the city voted to leave the Fort Worth Transportation Authority.  They continued to pay on the money they owed the authority after the vote.  At that point in time, the authority decided to cut service to the city.  That station was entirely within the Richland Hills City Limits.  The Trinity Lakes Station sits on the boundary between Fort Worth and Hurst and I believe the planned access will be from the Fort Worth side. 

#80 Eastsider817

Eastsider817

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 09:07 PM

Wow the Eastside is really about to get two marquee developments Trinity Lakes development & the stop 6 development.

#81 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 20 June 2023 - 01:25 PM

I have been wondering when this would really start getting traction. I like they are bringing some heavier density to the area. Hopefully maybe this will encourage someone to open a half decent grocery store in the Area. All we have is Albertsons which isnt the greatest and is expensive. 

#82 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 08:54 AM

Record DS-23-0107: 
Drainage Study
Record Status: Pending

https://aca-prod.acc...ShowInspection=

Project Description:
TRINITY LAKES MIXED USE NORTH PHASE 1
DRAINAGE STUDY FOR ROADWAY, DRAINAGE ETC TO SUPPORT THE WEST SIDE OF NORTH MIXED USE AND TO GET ROAD FROM TRINITY BLVD TO THE TRINITY METRO TRAIN STATION AND PARKING LOTS.

Total Plat or Project Area (Acres): 8.3
Land Disturbance Area (Acres): 14.6

• TLA likes this

#83 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 12:28 PM

Massive 500 space Trinity Lakes Rail Station parking lot comm. grading permit filed:

https://aca-prod.acc...ShowInspection=

Project Description:
Trinity Lakes Rail Station Parking Lot
Project consists of the construction of 2 new parking lots consisting of 500 spaces including subgrade preparation, concrete paving, inlet and storm sewer installation, landscaping and irrigation, lighting, security camera installation, site work Construction clearing and grubbing, subgrade preparation concrete paving (parking lots, sidewalks, and ramps) electrical and communication utilities pavement markings & signage.
Disturbed Acres: 6

#84 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 01:04 PM

500 spaces?  That is so unnecessary.   I rarely see more than 50 vehicles at any station besides Centreport.

#85 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 02:06 PM

500 spaces?  That is so unnecessary.   I rarely see more than 50 vehicles at any station besides Centreport.

I'd be willing to wager the cost of lunch more is being spent creating this parking lot that is being spend building the actual station

#86 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 03:42 PM

I'd be willing to wager the cost of lunch more is being spent creating this parking lot that is being spend building the actual station

There's other components at play too:

Trinity Metro is responsible for constructing the station platform, drainage, and other civil improvements inside the existing TRE railroad right-of-way.  Trinity Metro issued a Request for Proposals (RFP 21-T020) for the construction of the new Trinity Lakes Station civil portions, which includes the following: double sided platforms, canopy structures, windscreens, drainage, communications system, etc. TRE’s Operating and Maintenance contractor, Herzog Transit Services, Inc. (Herzog), has been authorized to perform the Track and Signal work. https://ridetrinitym...ust-23-2021.pdf

I thought this was interesting, sounds like things are off to great start with the private developer, trouble in paradise...

BACKGROUND (from April 17, 2023 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes) https://ridetrinitym...ril-17-2023.pdf
Trinity Lakes Station is a new Trinity Railway Express (TRE) Station currently under construction less
than one mile east of the existing TRE Richland Hills Station. It will be part of the 1,600-acre master
planned community known as Trinity Lakes. The train station and associated commuter parking are
being advanced under a public-private partnership agreement between Trinity Metro and Trinity Lakes
Partners, LLC (“Developer”).

Trinity Metro contracted with Austin Bridge and Road to construct the station platforms, drainage, and
other civil improvements inside the existing TRE ROW. Trinity Metro is utilizing TRE operating and
maintenance contractor Herzog Transit Services, Inc. (Herzog) to construct the track and signal
improvements. These improvements are on schedule and on budget.

Trinity Metro is also responsible for the construction of two parking lots to be constructed according to
engineering plans prepared by and on land owned by the Developer. Trinity Metro was scheduled to
issue an Invitation for Bid (IFB) in February 2023 to construct the two parking lots totaling 495 parking
spaces. Unfortunately, we have not received the agreed to documents (i.e., final signed and sealed
design plans and specifications) from the developer so that we could proceed as intended with
procurement in February. In order to move forward without further delay, Trinity Metro must now
complete the final design and procurement documents on behalf of the Developer. This has caused a
delay to the anticipated completion of the parking lots from October 2023 to early 2024.

Further, the Developer is responsible for constructing the access road from Trinity Boulevard to the new
station and bringing utilities to the new station. Although we have had several assurances from the
Developer that the access roadway would be delivered before the anticipated station opening in October
2023, we still have not seen the plans for the roadway and are unsure that the roadway can be delivered
in the previously agreed to timeframe. Public access to the station depends entirely on the Developer
completing the access road and utility connections. We are working on a backup plan with the City of
Fort Worth to provide an alternate means of access.

Trinity Metro’s budget for the new station construction including the parking lots is $26.74 million, which
includes the design and construction management costs. Trinity Metro is working with North Central
Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to finalize funding
agreements for the Trinity Lakes Station. Currently, 100% of Trinity Metro’s funding commitments will be
covered by federal dollars through a combination of Congestion Mitigation Air Quality Improvement
Program (CMAQ) federal funding, Surface Transportation Block Grant Funds, and Transportation
Development Credits (TDCs).

Although Trinity Lakes Station was scheduled to open for service in October 2023, we anticipate that due
to the aforementioned challenges incurred by the Developer, the station may not open until early 2024
or later. The ability for Trinity Metro or other parties to construct the parking lots or access road will
require agreement with the Developer, creating significant uncertainty with the overall project schedule.
Trinity Metro will continue to work with the Developer to get the information needed including plans,
documents and agreements. We will also provide more frequent updates to the Board regarding the
status of the project.

TyKloMf.png

Zf3QWJW.png

#87 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 02:05 PM

Construction update. To be honest, it was really low-key looking. Mostly infrastructure and the rail platform.
nflToay.jpg

#88 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 10:10 PM

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2024005614

PROJECT
Project Name: Serenity at Trinity Lakes
Project Number: TABS2024005614
Facility Name: Serenity at Trinity Lakes - Amenity Areas
Location Address: 23060068 For Review Only Way
Fort Worth, TX 76118
Location County: Tarrant
Start Date: 1/8/2024
Completion Date: 7/7/2024
Estimated Cost: $54,585,000
Type of Work: New Construction
Type of Funds: This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work: (4) New apartment buildings, pool cabana with pool, and parking deck (plus site amenities). The amenity area in building 100 is 7,471 SF and the pool cabana is 1,622 SF.
Square Footage: 9,093 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant? No

OWNER
Owner Name:
10018 Ingram LLC
Owner Address:
2550 Precinct Line Rd
Fort Worth, Texas 76248

DESIGN FIRM
Design Firm Name: Phillips Partnership
Design Firm Address: 5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Building A, Suite 450
Atlanta, Georgia 30328

#89 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 17 November 2023 - 01:23 PM

Excited to finally see some vertical construction at Trinity Lakes. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. 

#90 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 11:29 PM

New station opening Feb 19, plus more in this Fort Worth Report article: https://fortworthrep...ast-fort-worth/

#91 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:24 AM

New station opening Feb 19, plus more in this Fort Worth Report article: https://fortworthrep...ast-fort-worth/

I can see it from the highway, now if I could just figure out how to get there.

#92 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

By rail perhaps :wink:

But anyways, while its unfortunate that Richland Hills left Trinity Metro, it is cool that the TRE is getting its first purpose-build TOD.

I wonder if the developers would consider putting in in off-street bike paths along Trinity Blvd to the station from where their new homes are.

#93 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:27 PM

By rail perhaps :wink:

But anyways, while its unfortunate that Richland Hills left Trinity Metro, it is cool that the TRE is getting its first purpose-build TOD.

I wonder if the developers would consider putting in in off-street bike paths along Trinity Blvd to the station from where their new homes are.

Honestly, I'm glad they're leaving that location.

It was maybe good for some of the workers of the nearby warehouses, but it just didn't feel like a real "stop", if that makes sense.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#94 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 07:58 PM

$26 million for that?  I realize public transit construction is expensive and this station is getting a pretty sizable parking area, but that seems really high.  Unless I've missed it driving by, there is little evidence of construction of a street connecting the station to Trinity Blvd.  I would assume they're going to put in something temporary to get the station open in February.

#95 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 08:54 PM

The article mentions the station is 100% federally funded but if you see my 9/18/34 post above, it indicates that the federal share is $14M of the $26M budget. Not sure why they would say its 100% federally funded?

The article discussed TIF reimbursement of $6.2M for an access road from Trinity Blvd. I wonder if this is permanent or temporary?

#96 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:13 PM

Id be curious to see the price breakdown. The station has a ton of parking so I wonder how much money went just into that. I cant imagine the platform itself, which is really just some concrete and metal awnings, makes up much of that.

#97 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:08 PM

There was some track work as well.  Still seems high, but this is far from my area of expertise.

#98 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:16 PM

Two weeks away from opening

B8n2Wlv.jpeg

LO9RUv1.jpeg

#99 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 01:06 PM

A couple questions:

1) Is this the full 500 parking spaces we're seeing here or just part of it?

2) Do the Trinity Trails connect to this station yet?

rwJrDkA.png

#100 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 14 February 2024 - 04:07 PM

Id be curious to see the price breakdown. The station has a ton of parking so I wonder how much money went just into that. I cant imagine the platform itself, which is really just some concrete and metal awnings, makes up much of that.

Saw someone said it was 500 Spaces, absolute max of 3 mil. Sitework, Concrete, Striping, lighting, ramps and stair going to the main platform. That puts each one of those canopies including the tracks and such at a unit cost of about 2.9 Million each. Crazy to me, of course, just my opinion from a 50k elevation as they say, your tax dollars at work! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users