#1 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Swimming, Soccer, Spanish

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

I just stumbled on these pics I almost forgot about taking back in winter of Las Colinas, around the Mandalay Canal. There was no specific reason for being there, it was a spur of the moment decision, but it was an area of Irving I've never been and although I wouldn't say I like it, the canal area and the new developments going on are interesting. If you think Downtown FW feels Disney-ish at times, boy would you be in for a surprise at Las Colinas...anyway, that's another story, so enjoy the pics :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally, my favorite in the bunch...

Posted Image

There you have it, take it for what it's worth :swg:

#2 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

Those are nice shots Jonny. However, they are all too familiar. I may live and play in Fort Worth but Las Colinas is home from 9 - 5 weekdays ;)

#3 rantanamo

rantanamo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

Las Colinas has incredible TOD plans, and they are already starting with new lofts and apartments. Great potential if its even close to their DART studies.

#4 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:43 PM

Those are nice shots Jonny.  However, they are all too familiar.  I may live and play in Fort Worth but Las Colinas is home from 9 - 5 weekdays  B)

View Post

LOL, quite sorry to hear that. My dad works around those parts as well and commuting from SW Fort Worth to NW Dallas County ain't no picnic.

I've seen the plans for LC TOD and it looks promosing, hopefully it turns out much nicer than their last attempt at urbanity ;)

#5 gdvanc

gdvanc
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:14 PM

I worked over there for a year or two in CP and Waterway. Two thoughts I had at the time were "Thumbs up for the vision; too bad it didn't fly" and "A pseudo-downtown out of nothing! What's holding Fort Worth back?" I've heard reasons, but nothing satisfactory.

I've heard interesting stories about the development of LC. Unfortunately I've forgotten them all.

#6 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:45 AM

I worked over there for a year or two in CP and Waterway. Two thoughts I had at the time were "Thumbs up for the vision; too bad it didn't fly" and "A pseudo-downtown out of nothing! What's holding Fort Worth back?" I've heard reasons, but nothing satisfactory.

I've heard interesting stories about the development of LC. Unfortunately I've forgotten them all.

View Post

I used to work in CP & WT too. I bet you work in Westlake now? Did you know that Canal Plaza is mothballed? I was the last to vacate. I now work at 635 @ MacArthur. I love my commute now! I live in far northeast FW (near the Hurst border) so I take Trinity to 360 cut through the airport to 161 (Geo Bush Turnpike) and I am at work in 20 - 25 min. No traffic! ;)

#7 gdvanc

gdvanc
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

20-25 minutes? So unfair! When I first started, my drive was 183/Central in Bedford to Waterway/Canal. It's been downhill from there.

Yep - I'm in WLK. Started in WT, then CP, then WT, then CityPlace, then the data center, now WLK. So you're in 136?

I had heard Canal Plaza was mothballed, but that was years ago. Is it still? Wow. Didn't they sell Waterway? Or did they ever own that one?

Throw me an email. a102461.

#8 mosteijn

mosteijn

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:41 PM

Lucky you Jeff! It takes me about 20 minutes to get to school and I only live 7 miles away, and I speed half the time :D

Do you two work for the same company or something?

#9 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:19 PM

Four Tower Cranes for Wells Fargo HDQT. Christus Health HDQT is wrapping up soon.

q9734CG.jpg

#10 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 02:09 PM

Wells Fargo headquarters progress:

f436kCs.png

The two-tower, 850,000-square-foot office campus in Irving, about 14 miles northwest of downtown Dallas, is expected to house at least 4,000 San Francisco-based bank employees when completed in 2025. Dallas-based KDC, the developer of Wells Fargo's campus at 401 W. Las Colinas Blvd. in Las Colinas Urban Center....

#11 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 February 2024 - 08:28 AM

"the algorithm" recommended this youtube video to me a few months ago about Las Colinas that I found interesting

#12 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 11:46 AM

That area between 114, Northwest Highway, and O'Connnor has changed a lot over the last 10 years.  We've been to events at the convention center several times and the convenience of Toyota Music Factory being right next door is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users