#1 stetsonpbrandish

stetsonpbrandish

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:45 PM

Hi Forum Members.

I was just curious if any of you have been following the redevelopment of an older building at 464 Bailey Ave which I believe is an original Preston M. Geren,FAIA building.  Looks like keeping much of the first story and adding a second story.  JLL has their sign on the project.  I drove by it this weekend for the first time in a while and the look of the building is starting to take shape.

I am new here and historic preservation is really my passion.  I was just curious if there was any discussions on it already.  Sorry if I missed the thread in another location.

#2 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the update. We will follow it and certainly, we will have additional commentary as it progresses.

#3 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi Forum Members.

I was just curious if any of you have been following the redevelopment of an older building at 464 Bailey Ave which I believe is an original Preston M. Geren,FAIA building.  Looks like keeping much of the first story and adding a second story.  JLL has their sign on the project.  I drove by it this weekend for the first time in a while and the look of the building is starting to take shape.

I am new here and historic preservation is really my passion.  I was just curious if there was any discussions on it already.  Sorry if I missed the thread in another location.

Yes there is a previous thread on the forum but I don't think it has seen much activity since the rendering were posted.  I did make a comment when they started the renovation but that was the last comment on the thread

#4 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Pretty much finished up and I think it looks great. 

FdRzYGD.jpg

#5 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,451 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:46 PM

It does look pretty good.

#6 george84

george84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:51 PM

I used to drive by this building every day as I lived on west 4th street in Monticello. Just saw it in person for the first time in months a couple of weeks ago. I cant believe its the same building. Looks great.

#7 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,451 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

It is basically a new two story building built on top of the old slab with the stone walls remaining.

#8 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:59 PM

The MCM architecture blended nicely with the additions.

#9 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

Yes they did a nice job.  Is it just me or does it seem like every building on West 7th or that part of town is occupied by a bank.  There has to be at least 20 different banks from Museum Way to Museum Place.  I just find it odd that the percentage is so high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users