Average Cost of Construction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shanedallas76

Shanedallas76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Economics, Downtown Fort Worth, Economic Development, Doctrines of Grace

Posted 01 August 2022 - 12:07 PM

Howdy!

I am looking for ways to estimate costs of development specifically in the DFW metroplex area, if anyone can help?

• price/SF of standard wooden buildings (multifamily apartments, condos, etc.)
  • price/SF of concrete and steel buildings (hotels, office, etc.)
  • price/SF of parking garages
  • price/linear mile of light rail for public transit
  • price/SF of public parks

Or better yet what source can I use to derive these figures on my own. I found Trading Economics where, say, the price of lumber = $537/1,000'. But I don't know how to factor/weigh this into the expected cost of construction for wood-based structures.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

#2 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:50 AM

earlier this year the NYTimes had an interesting info-graphic style piece about commercial to residential conversations with the opportunities and difficulties

https://www.nytimes....onversions.html

#3 Shanedallas76

Shanedallas76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Economics, Downtown Fort Worth, Economic Development, Doctrines of Grace

Posted 19 September 2023 - 08:08 AM

earlier this year the NYTimes had an interesting info-graphic style piece about commercial to residential conversations with the opportunities and difficulties

https://www.nytimes....onversions.html

I'm pay-walled on this device but I recall reading this article a few months ago and they did an excellent job.

I believe I read that same article. I am learning about the advantages of the older buildings with smaller floorplates that allowed for nautral light. The Petroleum Building would then be a good candidate for conversion. 

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,417 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 19 September 2023 - 09:46 AM

I read the article when it came out.  You are correct that the Petroleum Building would make a good candidate. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users