#1 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:43 AM

I know that the web news paywalls are always coming up here on the forum, and this doesn't do anything to help that, but I wanted to let people know that if you subscribe to Apple News+ or maybe ended up with an Apple One Premier combo subscription for the family, that there are channels with stories from the Star Telegram and the Fort Worth Business Press (as well as a lot of other things) on that service.  I'm not saying this is a more cost-effective way to gain access to that content, but I wanted to mention it in case you had the service and didn't realize that those local sources were also a part of it -- maybe not every story, but a decent amount.

In addition to that, I have an electronic subscription to the Star Telegram, and I donate to the Fort Worth Report, because I'd like to do things to encourage local news.

#2 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 11:10 AM

Last week Apple News added a "channel" named "Dallas-Fort Worth" that collects the regionally significant stories from the local, regional, state, and national sources.

#3 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:02 PM

That would be cool if it picked up FW Report articles.

#4 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 12:23 PM

I wrote Chris at Fort Worth Report to suggest it, along with the Apple site links to an overview and application and the workflow process to do it.

I think it would be a great addition to the Start Telegram and Fort Worth Business press, and I think they could use it in such a way that their articles get more exposure and they could self-advertise to trigger more supporters.

I don't know if they have the manpower, but if they use the right kind of content management system, there are plug-ins and it could be relatively automated.

#5 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:22 AM

John from FWR reached out to me today and the Fort Worth Report Apple News feed is functioning:

https://apple.news/T...vTmaMo9EVf6iqRw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users