My blog: Doohickie

#54 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

Came across permit for "The Standard at River District", to be at 5200 White Settlement. Nearly 4 acre site. Will be 2 four story apartment buildings and a garage. JHP is architect, $35 million is price tag.

Believe this will be 351 units.

#55 Cody C

Cody C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Heard today that Fort is in talks to be part of the Crystal Springs re-start. I'm hoping is comes to fruition! That area is really coming together.

#56 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

I was on a plane to Phoenix last week and the guy seated in front of my diagonal (I could see between the seats to his computer) is a senior JLL executive who was working on a Crystal Springs proposal package the whole flight.  So I take that as a good sign, overall.

Rumors are also circulating that Tim Love is doing something with the Thurber Mingus (Froggy's) location.  His trucks have been there over the past week on multiple occasions.

#57 M2guy

M2guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Heard today that Fort is in talks to be part of the Crystal Springs re-start. I'm hoping is comes to fruition! That area is really coming together.

Fort Brewing? Or I guess construction

#58 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Rumors are also circulating that Tim Love is doing something with the Thurber Mingus (Froggy's) location.  His trucks have been there over the past week on multiple occasions.

Bud Kennedy confirms: https://www.star-tel...e225250990.html

He redacts the name of Thurber Mingus but it's in the original tweet he's replying to: https://mobile.twitt...334785959092224

#59 Cody C

Cody C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Fort Brewing? Or I guess construction

Fort Capital

#60 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:14 PM

More Heim news

http://www.fortworth...59ea57c2ef.html

I was near there on my bike today.  I thought about stopping by but I figured if anyone was there, they'd be busy working on the conversion.

Heim has announced that its location on White Settlement will be opening in March. Fort Worth Magazine report: http://www.fwtx.com/...-location-march

#61 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

I like the designs of those two new office buildings. 

#62 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:07 PM

Another apartment building, not many details except location and a siteplan. Seems to be Toll Brothers.

mkk5L63.png

#63 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

The large lot on the NE corner of WSR and Roberts Cut off has been cleared and dirt is turning. Looks like another apartment complex is coming... let me clarify a bit more another “generic” complex is coming

#64 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

Nice report in Guidelive: After more than a year of anticipation, Heim Barbecue opens new restaurant

#65 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

We had dinner at the new Heim location tonight and it is a big winner.  Same great food, but they've gone a long way to improve their service.  Instead of ordering at a register and getting a pager to come back for your food, it is more of a buffet style where they serve up meats at one station, sides at the next, and you pay at the end.  You can also order snacks and bar food from the registers.  There's ample waiting room inside and, with 10 or so groups in line in front of us, we were seated with our food in about 10 minutes.  And nothing was sold out on a busy Friday evening.

The finish out on the building is great.  The red brick has been painted white, huge windows and planters were added across the front, and a large awning for the patio was installed.  The interior is fairly simple with a ton of seating (easily triple the Magnolia location).  Like many patio-centric restaurants, it has the open-air, double sided bar for servicing the dining room and the patio.  You could easily say it lacks some of the intimate coziness of Magnolia, but I liked it.

Not a lot to add on food, but we did try the apple cobbler for dessert.  It was wonderful and probably the equivalent of dumping a bag of sugar in my mouth.

#66 george84

george84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

I had lunch there yesterday, I agree with everything you said. The place is huge, and it was definitely nice to not have to wait in line for 45 minutes to get bbq.

#67 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:29 PM

I may have to hit it up for lunch because it is actually closer to my office than the location on Magnolia, where I have given up there a few times at lunch due to the time factor.

#68 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

I'm very suspect of that west facing patio's usefulness in the summer. With no shade across the parking lot, it should turn into quite the blast furnace.

#69 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

There's trees along the west side of the parking lot that will provide a little help at the latest part of daylight.  During the hottest part of the year, it will feel like a furnace regardless of which way it faces.

#70 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

I'm very suspect of that west facing patio's usefulness in the summer. With no shade across the parking lot, it should turn into quite the blast furnace.

At least they have a very deep covered awning, which slants down to the West.  There is still going to be a time between about 6 and 7:30 when the sun is baking, but it could be a lot worse.

The So7 location of Love Shack (RIP) had a similar two-sided bar which had no awning for the West sun and it was miserable in the afternoons.  Heim's setup is much better.

I have been to the new location twice and don't really care for the ordering setup, because it's confusing that you have to hand your tray over the (tall) counter for the meats, and then get it back, and potentially hand it over again for sides, and then you get to the end and if you're ordering a burger or non-meat item you have to do that whole order at the register.  If the counter was low and you could slide the try on a rail while receiving the meat/sides, it would make more sense.

My only other issue with the new location is that I wish they could somehow more officially connect it to the Trinity Trails.  It would be great if a sidewalk connection on that South side of White Settlement Road could run the 100 yards or so to the trail.  

#71 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

The speed of the line is nice, but it is a little awkward.  As slow as it was on Friday evening, there was a pretty big delay at the registers.  It looked like a combination of the equipment not cooperating and confusion with the process.

#72 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

Bud Kennedy confirms: https://www.star-tel...e225250990.html

He redacts the name of Thurber Mingus but it's in the original tweet he's replying to: https://mobile.twitt...334785959092224
Tim Love's restaurant at the Thurber Mingus site is called Gemelle, serving pasta and Detroit-style pizza. Opens Wednesday: https://www.star-tel...e230328169.html

#73 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:01 PM

Can confirm that the west facing windows and patio are a huge issue at Heim. Don't sit facing west either inside or outside if you like your retinas. (No window coverings inside and the awing outside is too high.) The sun actually sets (this time of year) along the slot in the trees where the road is, so the trees don't help much either.

#74 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

Came across permit for "The Standard at River District", to be at 5200 White Settlement. Nearly 4 acre site. Will be 2 four story apartment buildings and a garage. JHP is architect, $35 million is price tag.

Believe this will be 351 units.

I never saw any this article until just now when I googled the project out of curiousity,

#75 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

101 Nursery Ln is nearly done. Really simple design but quite attractive IMO. 

D80pZbNW4AE7OkY.jpg

#76 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

I was at a commercial real estate event this evening at Heim and spoke to a couple of the people who are working with leasing for Crystal Springs and I was informed that it should break ground by the end of the summer.

On a side note and as others have mentioned... the idea of having the patio on the western facing side was a terrible idea.  The need some type of screening because even though it wasn't too hot of a day...  the sun coming directly into the patio made it unbearable.  Not sure why they made the patio roof so high as well.

I noticed several changes I would have made to make the patio a more pleasurable experience, but hey I'm no designer and what does my opinion matter in the end.

#77 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

I still haven't been to this location, so I can't render my opinion.  Maybe I can talk my co-workers into going tomorrow at lunch.  However, it is difficult to get them out of a Mexican Food mood on Fridays.

#78 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:07 AM

I was at a commercial real estate event this evening at Heim and spoke to a couple of the people who are working with leasing for Crystal Springs and I was informed that it should break ground by the end of the summer.

On a side note and as others have mentioned... the idea of having the patio on the western facing side was a terrible idea.  The need some type of screening because even though it wasn't too hot of a day...  the sun coming directly into the patio made it unbearable.  Not sure why they made the patio roof so high as well.

I noticed several changes I would have made to make the patio a more pleasurable experience, but hey I'm no designer and what does my opinion matter in the end.

I agree on the patio thing.  No shade what so ever.  Need some awnings, trees or something.

#79 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

The have started excavation of the lot for the retail/building on the NW corner of WSR and Merrit.  I think the 2 small box retail spaces will continue to add some good things to the area.

#80 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

Saw on Facebook today that Heim has added an additional patio and lawn area called "The Backyard" to the south of the parking lot and building.  Opens this weekend.

#81 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

another nearly 30acres of riverside development in the works only 1/2mile west from much of the "happenings" in the area

http://www.fortworth...071dcf7b18.html

#82 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

Fingers Crossed they include the river into whatever project they have in mind.

#83 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

I hope the city turns a focus to some of the infrastructure around here. I was in the area yesterday and there's some issues. 

First thing is biking there is easy with the trails, but there's not really any actual connections from the trails into the district. There's a weird little path through Redbud that connects but it's really steep and not paved, and also feels like someone's driveway. 

A lot of the district does not have sidewalks, can't imagine trying to navigate in I was'nt steady footed. 

And crossing White Settlement is not super easy. There's no crosswalks and one light. 

#84 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

I have accessed the Trinity Trails from Redbud Lane, and it wasn't the easiest or the most pleasant part of the ride.

#85 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

A 197 unit project is proposed at the SE corner of the riverbend. Going before zoning commission next week.

tassif6.png

#86 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:37 PM

The site plan is poorly laid out.  Why would parking be front and center to the river instead of a walking trail and unit entrances facing the river?

Unfortunately, the developer is helicoptering a site plan straight out of suburbia and not taking advantage of a nice river front.  P&Z should stipulate that there be a natural floodshed barrier along the perimeter to prevent oil and gas runoff from flowing directly into the water.

Back to the drawing board!

#87 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

Agree...this is terribly disappointing.  I can't imagine that any of the neighbors are happy.  

#88 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

At least they didn't put garages along the river levy.

My blog: Doohickie

#89 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

I'm told this is going to be senior-focused housing.

#90 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

I'm told this is going to be senior-focused housing.

Senior-focused housing would seem odd to me, but if that is the rumor; it does not fit the more recent and successful senior housing development at the higher end.  Senior focus housing is going up all across the area but most of them are multi-level with cars protected from the elements. Obviously, seniors do not like to deal with bad weather.

What seems to work nowadays are senior focused mid-rise housing with a minimal amount of outdoors surface parking. In this case, the number of parking spaces being provided in the site plan is way over the top.  Typically, seniors usually defer from driving and owning automobiles because of age related circumstances and higher rates of insurance.  There would not be, IMO, the need of the number of spaces planned.

If this is indeed a senior-focused housing project, would it be better instead to deliver a project similar to Trinity Terrace or Stayton @ Museum Way?

#91 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:47 PM

I drove by the area today and noticed the new retail structures at the corner of WS Road and Merritt.  They are pretty basic but can be great additions depending on what types of businesses/restaurants go in them.  I have a strange feeling that one of them is going to be a brewery.

#92 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

I drove by the area today and noticed the new retail structures at the corner of WS Road and Merritt.  They are pretty basic but can be great additions depending on what types of businesses/restaurants go in them.  I have a strange feeling that one of them is going to be a brewery.

They have some renderings on portfolio. Classy buildings.

https://fortcapitall...-street-retail/

#93 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

The brickwork on the brown building looks really cool.  It helps with making a basic boxy building have a interesting aesthetic.  I also love how the second building is 2 structures.  Great job.

My only complaint is that they are in the played out colors of Brown and Grey that Fort Capital is known for.  Come on guys break it up a bit.

#94 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:17 PM

The brickwork on the brown building looks really cool.  It helps with making a basic boxy building have a interesting aesthetic.  I also love how the second building is 2 structures.  Great job....

Yes. Quite nice.

I agree with you until the remark of the color scheme.  I think Fort Capital has its own style and feels very comfortable with it.

#95 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:02 AM

The brickwork on the brown building looks really cool.  It helps with making a basic boxy building have a interesting aesthetic.  I also love how the second building is 2 structures.  Great job....

Yes. Quite nice.

I agree with you until the remark of the color scheme.  I think Fort Capital has its own style and feels very comfortable with it.

You have a right to disagree.

I wouldnt have a problem with their color scheme if they were not the firm responsible for what seems like 70% of the new construction in Fort Worth and if everything didnt start to look the same. It is just getting played out IMO. It s even more noticeable in the River District because they have been involved in almost everything that has been constructed there. Kudos to them for the mark they are making but it would be great to see something a little outside the box instead of just something predictable.

#96 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

Screenshots from zoning hearin

CUc1oFz.png

jQd6R4Z.png

#97 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:40 AM

Screenshots from zoning hearin

CUc1oFz.png
jQd6R4Z.png

Here's more, I believe it's the same thing. https://www.star-tel...e239125913.html

The Zoning Commission approved Greystar's plan for a 197-unit luxury senior living complex called Overture along Scott Road.

I believe this is separate from Greystar's River District plans in this thread? http://www.fortworth...pic=5955&page=1

#98 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

I'm glad that

The site plan is poorly laid out.  Why would parking be front and center to the river instead of a walking trail and unit entrances facing the river?

Unfortunately, the developer is helicoptering a site plan straight out of suburbia and not taking advantage of a nice river front.  P&Z should stipulate that there be a natural floodshed barrier along the perimeter to prevent oil and gas runoff from flowing directly into the water.

Well it would appear that developer did go back to the drawing board.  The latter rendering post #97 is quite an improvement over the illustrated rendering of post#85. 

Much better. :)

#99 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

I believe this is separate from Greystar's River District plans in this thread? http://www.fortworth...pic=5955&page=1

Yeh, the one in that thread is now complete as Elan River District. A second large building is currently under construction at White Settlement and Roberts Cut off called The Standard at River District.

#100 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

I'm glad that

Well it would appear that developer did go back to the drawing board.  The latter renderingpost #9    a quite an improvement over the illustrated rendering of post#85. 

Much better. :)

I'm not seeing what you are seeing.  Maybe I am confused but it looks exactly the same except that the post #97 has the trees and plaza features rendered but other than that I don't see any difference to the site or the buildings at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users