No replies to this topic

#1 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:35 AM

That just looks like some blue sky concept for the land in that area.  Most of the presentation is pretty surface level on land use potential around TEXRail stations and that one looks drilled down to more of an actual concept than the others.  I don't remember any announcement of a project along those lines and I don't know that the economy is going to support anything like that any time soon, especially with gas prices dropping into the "what I filled my car up for in high school" territory.

I can't find the article now but that was mentioned a little bit back last year. It is prettty conceptual and was provided as more of an alternative. I know there's some folks in the city that would like to push it forward. 

As a semi-governmental agency, NCTCOG has as its mission to provide a planning mechanism so that Public Funds can be distributed from Washington and Austin.  I get it that this is the vehicle that has been established to do this.

However, as an agency, NCTCOG has come up with some aspirational concepts that look good and glossy, but many times are not based upon current reality.

I am suggesting that the poor record of some of Tarrant Express Rail stations and who determine their location may be shared among Trinity Metro and NCTCOG who together painted rosy predictions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users