• Please log in to reply
869 replies to this topic

#851 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 19 November 2022 - 08:49 PM

Of course let's not forget about Waters.

#852 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:43 AM

Sandman Hotel Sign Permits:

https://accela.fortw...ShowInspection=
Sign A2 Illuminated DF blade sign Musume
Install (1) DF illuminated blade sign that spells "Musume"

This may have been announced already, but not in the Forum as far as I can tell. Appears that Musume is opening a Fort Worth location in the Sandman. https://www.musumedallas.com/

Project Description:
The Sandman Hotel
Tenant finish out work for a new restaurant located at the basement level of the sandman hotel. work is to include new kitchen bar and seating area.

#853 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:12 AM

I thought we did mention the restaurant somewhere here on the forum.  It makes sense that the restaurant is going in the basement.  The old bank vault from the National Bank of Commerce and later Continental National Bank is still in the basement, and that would make a great unique dining space within the restaurant.  XTO had used the basement for meeting rooms and conference areas.  Again, these spaces were perfect for restaurant conversion.

#854 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:32 AM

Is it just Musume or do they plan to have more than one dining space?

#855 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:37 PM

I saw the coming soon sign on the cursed space in Montgomery Plaza...  It will be call Goat & Vine.  If it a wine and cheese location that might be interesting and something different for that space.  Wishing them the best of luck.

#856 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:47 PM

Yes.  Another fan of Pacific Table here.

Last time we went there they were packed and we had no reservation.  They asked if we wanted to sit at the bar and we said yes and it actually worked out pretty well; we chatted with the two other couples on either side of us and had a very pleasant meal.

My blog: Doohickie

#857 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:28 PM

Tattoo Ranch to become Boatman's Chum & Chug

301 W. Exchange

Preliminary Remodel Permit:

r4BNlQb.png

#858 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:39 PM

Okay, that name is hilarious.

#859 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:27 PM

What is Chum? Do they serve Chum? From a bucket?

I see their permit was issued to a Mr. Plankton with an address in Bikini Bottom

• TLA likes this

#860 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:27 PM

What is Chum? Do they serve Chum? From a bucket?

I see their permit was issued to a Mr. Plankton with an address in Bikini Bottom
I was told by a very reliable source that this is the same owner as Pinkys and Dirty Laundry. I want to say its the Cockes (John and wife) but dont quote me on that. I checked TABC licenses but didnt see anything listed yet for this address.

I gotta say, my stomach turns when I read the words Chum and Chug in the same sentence. Sounds like a frat house hazing party at the fishing docks.

#861 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:48 AM

It's the same owner as Bodega West 7th: https://opencorporat...s_tx/0802915779

#862 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:54 AM

It's the same owner as Bodega West 7th: https://opencorporat...s_tx/0802915779

There it is. Nice research!

#863 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted Today, 09:00 AM

Former Posados to become a Sickies Garage.

Scope of Work: Remodel of an existing restaurant for a new restaurant concept.
Square Footage:
8,175 ft 2

UDC Filing:

The menu looks extensive:

#864 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted Today, 09:12 AM

Not a menu I should look at when I'm hungry at 9:00 in the morning.  That's a menu that would give Cheesecake Factory or BJ's a run for its money as far as options go.

#865 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted Today, 09:37 AM

I'd definitely check this out.  If someone in your party doesn't want a burger they can get any number of other things like wings, salad, salmon I'm guessing along the lines of Red Robins.  The appetizer menu looks good.  From a couple reviews (this looks to be the first one in Texas of this chain) it appears to be table service instead of fast casual.  I sort of preferred back in the 80's and 90's how Fuddruckers was set-up, when they called your number you dressed your own burger, that was really a nice touch I'd wish more places would bring back.  Buck's Prime over in Dallas (now defunct) did that too, they had a big station with fresh veggies, pickles, toppings.  That way the kitchen was only a couple of people and they didn't need to agonize over screwing up orders, seemed to work very efficiently.  

#866 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

The best of the dress-your-own-burgers places was Khaki's in Arlington.  There was one on Little Road and another near Six Flags.  I think the Little Road location has been gone for 15 years or so.

#867 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted Today, 10:58 AM

The pickle bar at Twisted Root dwtn Arlington was/is about the next best thing nowadays, especially when they had about 5 different barrels to choose from.  I went to the one in Bedford about year or so ago and they still had the pickle bar, mid-pandemic.  With cost of tomatoes fluctuating, I can see where unlimited toppings could add up quickly.  I wish more of these burger places would do a $5 - $10 "Set-up" like Catfish Sam's, that's a nice option to complement / wait for a meal without order a greasy appetizer ontop of burger and fries.  The Dickies on Precinct Line and the one on Lamar in Arlgtn at one time had a self-service sides as did most Springcreeks, especially when Dickies had side salad option, I really like that.

#868 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted Today, 11:05 AM

The Catfish Sams setup comes out with your meal now. Post pandemic cost savings measure.

#869 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

The Catfish Sams setup comes out with your meal now. Post pandemic cost savings measure.

That was the best part picking at the setup family style while you waited along with biscuits and sorghum syrup.  So it's no longer bottomless but it comes on your dinner tray alongside the fish and starch?  Sounds like they charge extra if you want more of something but, what's the point mid-meal unless you're just stuffing yourself silly. 

I wonder if Babe's sides are still bottomless?  20-years ago it seemed like they really tripped over themselves to push refills since it was served family-style but now they sort of take the approach of make you ask for it to really be sure you want it.  They still do that silly plastic take home bag I guess to shame those who are trying to work the system in their favor on the leftovers.  Pre-90's that was literally a "doggie bag" because most people wouldn't think about taking leftovers home to eat later but any food leftovers would go to the dog as not to be overtly wasteful.  They had these little foil-lined paper bags sort of like Oliver Gardens breadstick bags.  Now it's like some places, you get a to-go box and you feel like you're lugging around a grocery sack full of food.

#870 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted Today, 02:10 PM

They posted on their Facebook page about their decision to get rid of the unlimited set ups and I was amazed at the cost savings they claimed they would see.  I'm sure there was a lot of waste prior.  I've eaten there a few times since and it didn't bother me that much.  I usually order the smaller entree portions anyway.

I've been going to Babe's for a quarter century or longer and the only change since then is the added entrees at the newer locations.  Roanoke still only serves fried chicken and chicken fried steak. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users