26 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:13 PM

It's exciting to see the area starting to get some proper investment. Cavile is currently 300 units, the plans call for 1,000 mixed income, market rate quality units total to replace it. There's also an effort to make the area like an urban village, with some of the development facing towards the street. A big community hub is also planned. Fort Worth housing solutions is leading this plan and also applyng for a $30 million grant to help out. https://www.fwhs.org/cavile-place/

QxiDqh4.jpg

TLb5Abx.png

VozTPIX.jpg

12rJyhh.png

Here's a great PDF with some siteplans and concepts, and a ton more details on the project,

https://fortworthgov...ptions=&Search=

#2 David_H

David_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

I checked out the PDF and this is a really ambitious project. I hope it comes to fruition, because it looks really cool. 

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:02 PM

Grant was awarded!

https://www.google.c...e242236631.html

#4 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:52 AM

That is impressive.

#5 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:12 PM

Here's a great PDF with some siteplans and concepts, and a ton more details on the project,

https://fortworthgov...ptions=&Search=

Fort Worth Housing Solutions unveiled the drawings of phase one of the housing plan, the senior living at Rosedale and Stalcup.

Cowan%20Plan%20-%20Rosedale%20and%20Stal

Expected completion fall 2022. https://fwtx.com/bus...place-stop-six/

#6 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:00 AM

Judging from the art rendering, the building design looks great!

#7 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:29 PM

Demolition begins next week.

#8 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:21 PM

The city held an RFP for a property at Berry and Stalcup. You can view the 3 finalists and vote at the link below.

https://www.fortwort...i/berry-stalcup

#9 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 07 September 2021 - 12:52 PM

Awesome.  Really hoping this takes off soon.  I love what they are planning for the park on Lake Arlington for the neighborhood as well.  I know Jeremis Smith, have played pick up basketball with him at the FW Club.  Really good guy.  I with them all the best.

#10 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 04:32 PM

The Berry and Stalcup plan just screams low income housing to me, just the way way laid out and the basic building shapes.  Maybe once they get fleshed out it will look better, but my first impression is yuck.

My blog: Doohickie

#11 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:14 PM

The Berry and Stalcup plan just screams low income housing to me, just the way way laid out and the basic building shapes.  Maybe once they get fleshed out it will look better, but my first impression is yuck.

I kinda agree with you.  They look like the Butler Place projects

#12 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:22 PM

Cowan Place has broken ground. 

https://www.nbcdfw.c...mation/2743837/

#13 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:00 PM

The first phase of Hughes House is going before zoning next week. Here is a siteplan.

VQQXF9S.png

#14 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 05:31 PM

Renderings of phase 1 released. More info here ->https://www.fwhs.org...signs-released/

https://i.imgur.com/ioLgErZ.jpgioLgErZ.jpg

9AeHuNH.jpg

8b7DEg8.jpg

ML0kj6i.jpg

#15 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 30 December 2021 - 09:02 PM

It looks like it is.

#16 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 11:06 AM

I continue to be impressed with the Dallas Business Journal's coverage of Fort Worth. Here's a long, comprehensive report about Stop Six:

The next stop for Stop Six: the neighborhood is changing. Will commercial development catch up?

#17 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 12:12 AM

Nitixope, that is Cowan Place. 

Hughes House is breaking ground next month. 

FwWpQJPXgAUQHnk.jpg

#18 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 11:39 AM

I wonder when there is going to be new news about the Hub community center which is going to have a new aquatics facility (and one of only three in the city) attached. That was a huge project that people voted for in the last bond election.

#19 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 09:28 AM

Record ZC-23-087: 
Proposed re-zone to PD for D District to accommodate a 243-unit multi family development

This is interesting. Palladium projects are usually pretty large. How long has it been since Lancaster was seeing interest from institutional multifamily investors? Could this be first of many?

#20 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 11:20 AM

Hughes House is officially underway. 

Video rendering: 

More info: https://stopsixcni.o...g-june-15-2023/

#21 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 11:33 AM

Nice first start for the area.  I wish them the best of luck but honestly I am unsure if they are going to be able to get retail.  It is going to be a challenge.

#22 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 03:55 PM

Record ZC-23-087: 
Zoning Change
Record Status: Applied

https://aca-prod.acc...ShowInspection=

Work Location
4909 E LANCASTER AVE

Project Description:
Palladium Lancaster
Re-zone to PD for Multi-Family
Proposed re-zone to PD for D District to accommodate a 243-unit multi family development

From the zoning docket:

qZYxQbK.png

eGz2G7a.png

Staff reccomends denial,

This property consists of multiple tracts that are zoned under different districts as noted above (refer to attached zoning map).  There are various mixed uses within the general area (apartments, commercial uses, residential): however, a majority of the property perimeter adjoins single family uses on the west, north and northeast. As stated above, the site would feature a panhandle to the north bisecting two (2) single family residences and fronts onto Norma Road.  Although it does not appear that access is proposed to Norma for vehicular traffic, the area is intended for a dog park for apartment residences.  The proximity from the dog park could negatively impact the single family.  Additionally, staff has concerns over development standards for building height increase and tree preservation requirements.  Ingress and egress to the property is from E. Lancaster, a 6 lane Highway that links East Loop 820 to the east and Oakland Boulevard to the west, providing access to I-30 and Rosedale Street.  The general layout of this site is not compatible with surrounding land uses. Higher density residential would be more ideally situated at a major intersection with several access points in multiple directions to help diffuse traffic.  There are lower density residential products in the vicinity of the subject property, but none are directly adjacent to the site and do not provide a direct comparison. The Stratton Royal Apartment Complex located to the east is a non-conforming use as it is currently zoned “E” Neighborhood Commercial.  Although a portion of the property is currently zoned “C” Medium Density Multifamily, the density cap is 24 dwelling units per acre rather than the 32 allowed under the “D” district.  A lower density multifamily product with increased open space and appropriate buffers to adjacent residential may be better suited at this location.  No community support has been provided for this rezoning request, and no letters of support are on file with the Development Services Department as of the writing of this report. 

The adopted 2022 Comprehensive Plan designates the subject property as a mix of Medium Density Residential (west), Neighborhood Commercial (east) and Single Family Residential (north).  The proposed zoning request does not align with these land use designations.  Additionally, this request appears to be in contrast with the following policy for the Eastside Planning Sector: • Reduce the amount of undeveloped multifamily zoning outside of mixed-use growth centers, urban villages, and transit-oriented development (TOD) areas. Use urban residential and mixed-use zoning to accommodate walkable multifamily development in these areas.  The proposed rezoning to “PD-D” is not consistent with the Comprehensive Plan. 

#23 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 04:00 PM

Always love new developments in areas in need of it however this looks like a run of the mill development with a sea of parking.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is value engineered to death

#24 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 10:34 PM

Palladium project was reccomended for approval.

uBhCJQF.png

#25 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 11:59 PM

Always love new developments in areas in need of it however this looks like a run of the mill development with a sea of parking.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is value engineered to death

Agree, probably twice the parking actually needed.

#26 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:38 PM

Home runs to right field will be problematic! 

#27 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 10:51 AM

Good news for East Fort Worth.  Hopefully this, and some of the other projects, will turn things around for more development into the area including some retail/restaurant places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users