During the holidays, New York Botanical Gardens creates a Model Train Show
Treasures of New York - Holiday Train show

#2 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

That sounds more like something Sundance Square would latch on to rather than the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.  

#3 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 10 November 2022 - 12:58 PM

I guess I'm a cheapskate, but man these tickets seem expensive for LIGHTSCAPE at the Botanical Gardens.  Maybe my zoo membership gets me a discount?  I sort of lost interest in this already: 

https://fwbg.org/cal...nts/lightscape/

Adults: $28*
 Children (ages 3-12): $18
 Infants (0-2 years old): Free
 Groups of 20 or more: 10% off
*FWBG Members receive $5 off each ticket.

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 03:07 PM

That's right in the middle compared to other walkthrough experiences: the Dallas Zoo is a little cheaper, Enchant at Fair Park is a little more.  The lights at the Modern are included with museum admission and that's much cheaper.  The drive through events at TMS and in Grand Prairie are definitely a much better value.  I believe the Daystar headquarters is a walkthrough experience that's free of charge, but it's on a much smaller scale.  I'm not big on paying to see Christmas lights when there's plenty of chances to see some for free.

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 10:13 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about the Botanic Gardens holiday event.  Well staffed, perfectly timed and paced, good food and drink, only issue I've heard is that traffic and parking has been crazy around the opening time on weekends.  I was curious if this event is being underwritten in some way.  I've never seen any sort of donor, so I suspect it could be a donor or donors.  Start up and recurring costs on these events makes it difficult for them to cover operating costs.

#6 panthercity

panthercity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 08:58 PM

Checked it out last night, parking and the tractor ride were both super easy but we went around 5:40. IMO, definitely not worth the $28. Only cool part was the Japanese Gardens and even then it wasnt much. Have done the Dallas Arboretum in the past and it is a much nicer event.

#7 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 10:00 PM

Checked it out last night, parking and the tractor ride were both super easy but we went around 5:40. IMO, definitely not worth the $28. Only cool part was the Japanese Gardens and even then it wasnt much. Have done the Dallas Arboretum in the past and it is a much nicer event.

Was there food or bar service? I read a comment about a bar but was surprised they would be serving food.

#8 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:45 AM

I'm curious about the event, but the price point I really can't justify.

It'd be $150 for me, wife, grandma + grandpa, kid, and parking

#9 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 04:48 PM

I'm curious about the event, but the price point I really can't justify.

It'd be $150 for me, wife, grandma + grandpa, kid, and parking

You probably know this tip already, but go to maps.google.com and search "Fort Worth Botanic Garden," click on reviews and then look for the magnifying glass and type "Lightscape."  Google will filter the results by keyword and there's some very nice photos that reviewers submitted.  Gives you a sense of what it looks like. 

Alternatively, you could drive through the Lake Interlochen Estates free display and then as JBB mentioned, Daystar Television has I believe a free display of lights followed up by dinner, my recommendation would be to take the family and grandparents to La Hacienda Ranch just a few exits up the highway from Daystar.  It has a nice family atmosphere and excellent fajitas and steaks and home of the original frozen margarita.

http://lakeinterloch...ristmas-lights/

https://christmas.daystar.com/

Lightscape Reviews:

H3uw5xv.png

m97h5mi.png

HMbsv3W.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users