#51 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,752 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:42 PM

Austin, maybe gdvanc can look into this.  I'm stumped.  I realize there would be problems with the migration, but I was hoping the transition would go smooth.  I would try the same thing again to see if you can get things cleared out.

#52 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:43 PM

Austin, what browser are you using?

#53 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:05 PM

Safari mobile.

#54 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:28 PM

Austin, to clarify: You are logged in on the site using Safari on your phone... and after a period of inactivity, you click on a link (to go to another forum or post or whatever) and when it loads that new page you're not logged in?

I've been trying to go through the server-side code to get my had wrapped around all of it. PHP isn't something I use professionally and following the logic takes you from file to file to file... a bit of digging there. If I can reproduce the issue on my phone, maybe we'll get lucky.

#55 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:44 PM

I have been using Chrome successfully on my phone and computer. I dont even recall the last time I had to visibly type my password. Both of the devices/browsers sync to your google account and it also manages the passwords within Chrome. Its also sort of nice being able to seamlessly reference your browsing history between devices in case there was a site or research you found on one device that you want to pull up on the other one.

#56 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:18 PM

Chrome is my default browser as well, and I don't have to remember my password thank goodness; I'm getting forgetful. That complicated the troubleshooting initially because i couldn't tell if the site was remembering my id or the browser was. Safari on iOS or OSX will store it in keychain as well. But after rereading all the posts it sounded like as he navigated the site if too much time passed between pages it would show him as not logged in. If that's happening, it would be pretty annoying even if the browser makes it easy to log back in. Especially when that time elapsed while trying to post a new message.

#57 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,752 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:49 PM

It's interesting how plans change due to a change in schedule and the weather.  I was supposed to take a week of vacation last week, but some problems with a project cropped up and I had to delay taking off until this week.  Since I wasn't going on a trip, I felt that I should just adjust my time off by the few days.  As you know, last week was beautiful.  I had planned to ride my bicycle as much as I could, work in the yard and around the house, and then work on the website adding new pages.  I also wanted to go out and take pictures of the city on the clear days.  One of the reasons I wanted to take some time off is that I had been working very hard over the summer, and I could tell I was tired and needed a break. 

With the shift in time, I found myself actually a little tired, but I had the Downtown Fort Worth Walking Tour on Saturday and the Historic Fort Worth Garden Tour on Sunday.  I rode some on Monday and did some things around the house.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday had forecasts for rain.  However, yesterday, it was on misting in the morning.  I haven't done as much as I had planned, but I have rested and slept a little more.  I also have not taken any photographs due to the very cloudy weather.

Today, I am working on changing pages from the old format to the new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users