Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

I have completed my ideal commuter rail plan:

Commuter_Rail.png

This is an ideal scenario where all cities want to participate, all railroads are fine with me using their lines, and of course, unlimited $$$.

The blue line is the existing TRE, and the red line is the planned Tex Rail. The green and yellow lines are my ideas.

The black dashed line would probably be a monorail to the stadium, ballpark, and six flags. However, I'm worried about it's capacity to handle big games (this is the reason the yellow line doesn't go to the speedway). Both the stadium and ballpark have a lower capacity than TMS, though.

The white dots are park and ride stations, and the yellow dots are not. All rail lines would converge at both downtown stations.

-Dylan

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

A notice for y'all: I changed the colors shortly after uploading this the first time. I originally had the green and gold lines as four different lines.

-Dylan

#3 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

We could have used that yellow line for the Super Bowl... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#4 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:20 PM

This is still fun to look back at

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 09:51 AM

I'd change a few things now. Most notably, I'd have the yellow line directly serve the ballparks, AT&T Stadium, and Six Flags, then continue north to Centreport Station.

It would also be odd for the yellow line to switch direction at Central (ITC) Station, so I'd probably split it into two lines.

Perhaps I'd eliminate the northern portion of the yellow line. Given TEXRail's poor ridership, I'm not sure a line that runs through less density to a non-commercial airport would be feasible.

Perhaps there wouldn't be a yellow line at all if the East Lancaster BRT line gets built. That could be extended into Arlington, though BRT would be slower than commuter rail.

Burleson has been wanting a commuter rail line for a while, so I would add a line to/from there- perhaps branching off from TEXRail at Berry Street.

With the TRE's Richland Hills station moving east of Loop 820, I'd have a TRE Station at Beach Street to have a station within the loop.

-Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users