Posted 20 January 2023 - 11:00 AM

Appears 1B section to be complete this summer: Completion Date: 6/30/2023

#202 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 20 January 2023 - 04:09 PM

Phase 1A has been completed for quite some time.  At least a year in my estimation.  I haven't been on it on a bike but I have driven past it several times because I love driving along Cahoba for fun because of the topography and lake views.

#203 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 07:21 PM

Very nice afternoon on the trails today:

1dbVRJY.jpg

k42Vzz7.jpg

#204 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 12:02 PM

I was kind of thinking about getting out for a ride but the house was a bit unsettled yesterday and I decided to pitch in there.  We adopted a cat over the weekend and yesterday was his first day getting to know our other pets.  We understand dogs better than we understand cats and adding a second cat was new for us.  Anyway, glad to see someone enjoyed the trails this weekend.

My blog: Doohickie

#205 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 12:48 PM

I was kind of thinking about getting out for a ride but the house was a bit unsettled yesterday and I decided to pitch in there.  We adopted a cat over the weekend and yesterday was his first day getting to know our other pets.  We understand dogs better than we understand cats and adding a second cat was new for us.  Anyway, glad to see someone enjoyed the trails this weekend.

Hopefully, all the pets are getting along and settling in? 

This was a spur of the moment ride and glad I did it.  Was surprisingly easy heading north, I thought to myself, I'll pay for this when I turn around and head back the other direction. I noticed there's a cone of silence on the curve by Mutts.  It can be really windy and that section of the trail it's sheltered somehow maybe the trees on the south side of the river.

#206 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 13 February 2023 - 01:33 PM

I was planning to ride yesterday, as well.  I got caught up in fixing something at the house and I realized I hadn't take pictures of Deco 969 in two weeks, so I thought I should catch the construction.  By the time I came home, it was getting later in the day and I had not eaten lunch.  So, I had a late lunch and then I watched the game.

#207 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:34 PM

Hopefully, all the pets are getting along and settling in?

So far, so good. The dogs were introduced to a new cat a year ago, so they know the drill (which is basically ignore the cat, then figure out the best way to interact with it incrementally).  The concern was with the previous cat who hasn't seen other cats since he was a small kitten.  There was a bit of hissing and snarling at first, followed by a ton of chasing and wrassling.  They seem to have settled down today.  For now.

#208 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:04 AM

More TDLR filings on this project: E 1st/ E 4th Bike and Trail Improvements

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2023013499

#209 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 11:15 AM

This is going to be a real game changer when it's done.

#210 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 08 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

I know of the location but why will it be a game changer?  not trying to question your statement, just getting more clarity on why you believe so

#211 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:54 PM

Not to answer for Doohickie, but I would think part of the game changer is increased access to the north entrance of Gateway Park as well as connecting to the greater east / west trail system.  That would certainly even make a nice loop through the new Gateway park trails too through to the south end of the park along the Trinity.

#212 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 09:01 PM

oh ok.  Yeah that makes sense

#213 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 12:54 PM

Not exactly trails related, but a ropes course and zip line park has opened in River Legacy East:

https://www.goape.co...exas-arlington/

I might try to take my kid sometime this summer.

#214 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:40 PM

That looks like a lot of fun.

I wonder if they were able to fix the trail through the middle section of the park? Land erosion into the river bank ate the original trail up.

#215 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 04:04 PM

I haven't been to River Legacy in several years.  The last time I went I rode east from Collins toward 360.  I would be interested in doing that again now that Viridian construction is so much further along.

#216 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 08:17 PM

They extended the east trail all the way to 360 with a new turnaround. I dont believe they ever made a connection to the American Airlines Trinity Campus.

#217 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:27 AM

I know of the location but why will it be a game changer?  not trying to question your statement, just getting more clarity on why you believe so

It's a direct link from downtown to Gateway and points west.  You can ride the trail along the river to get there now but it adds a mile to the trip at least.  I've ridden this corridor many times and there are sections that require nerves of steel to navigate (cars doing 1.5 times the speed limit and many sections with no shoulders).  It also makes bicycle travel to Martin House Brewing easier (don't knock it; breweries are a major tourist draw and a lot of people like to ride).  It's already used some; this is an acknowledgement by the city that it's willing to recognize the importance of cycling for transportation.

It also shows a shift from recreational cycling (along the river and away from motor traffic) to transportation cycling (direct routes) and good to see that the investment in W7th bike lanes are not a one-off.

#218 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:38 AM

The 4th St / 1st St bridge over the tracks seems to be the most problematic as there's sections that are completely void of safe walkable areas.

Not sure how they are going to tackle this but the bridge itself has a very narrow sidewalk.

APzSKVm.png

#219 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:00 PM

The 4th St / 1st St bridge over the tracks seems to be the most problematic as there's sections that are completely void of safe walkable areas.

Not sure how they are going to tackle this but the bridge itself has a very narrow sidewalk.

APzSKVm.png

My guess is that it will be one lane each way with a very wide bike lane.

#220 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 02:01 PM

I was wondering if this work along Riverfalls Dr and Precinct Line Rd had anything to do with the Trinity Traiks expansion?

ivJgsXy.jpg

NmGxNqV.jpg

r4Eit7f.jpg

#221 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 02:44 PM

I'm not real sure.  I thought the trail was actually supposed to be built north of this location.  If I get a chance this weekend, maybe I can explore again.  Supposedly, the sidewalk on the east side of Precinct Line Rd. from Riverfalls Dr. to the curve before Trinity Blvd. is the official portion of the Trinity Trail.  The plans show it to curve back to the right after leaving Precinct Line Rd. at the curve.

#222 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:16 AM

Like John says.... hard to tell.  The trail basically ends at River Trails Park at the other end of the subdivision where Riverfalls Drive is, so it would be in the vicinity of the trail. But if you look at Google Maps it appears there is a subdivision expansion east of Precinct Line so it may just be part of that.

#223 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:31 AM

Do either of you have a hi res map link you can send detailing the new trail route?  I know I've set eyes on it before but not recalling where, I thought it was NCTCOG

#224 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:34 AM

You can also see the Trinity Trail section beyond Loop 820 in Austin's photograph.

How far east does it go.....Precinct Line Rd?

The last time I was out there, the trail ended at River Trails Park.  After that, you can take residential streets over to Precinct Line Road.  There, the trail picked up again, but it was in several segments and didn't connect.  I haven't been out there in quite some time, so more trail work may have been completed.

I noticed NCTCOG actually posted recently that construction on the extension will commence this month. By next summer you'll be able to ride all the way to River Legacy and almost all the way to Centreport. 

seSzAaq.png
https://www.nctcog.o...-regional-trail

The Centreport connection, along with the rest of the trail, will be done in winter 2023. 

Actually looks like maybe it *is* the trail!

#225 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 10:48 PM

Project Name:
Oak Forest Trailhead

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2023016416

Scope of Work:
Redevelopment of river trailhead to include parking, picnic, restroom, and accessible trail connecting.

#226 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:28 PM

DFW Discovery Trail (D-FW) update via COG: https://www.nctcog.o...rail-Update.pdf

The presentation mentions the "majority" of trail will be done next year. I've also heard that the River Legacy connection will be done this winter, but the Centreport connection is still at least a year away. 

#227 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 10:15 PM

Even though I want the entire trail to be completed, I really look forward to the completion of the River Legacy connection.  After my dental implant surgery is completed, I'm really going to have to work to get back in shape.

#228 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 11:26 PM

Agreed, even just that stretch is going to be really nice and the River Legacy trails are wonderful. Personally, I'm most excited for the Centreport connection, just to be able to go halfway and then ride the TRE back.

#229 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:41 AM

That is a good point, because for a lot of cyclists that distance is enough, and taking the train back will be a good option.  However, for me, back when I was riding a lot and in good shape, it wasn't that big of a ride for me to head out from my house and ride all the way to the end of the River Legacy Trail, and then ride all the way back home.  At that time, the Trinity Trail ended at Quanah Parker Park and from there over to the Village Creek Natural Area, I would take the back roads.  I would then ride all of Arlington's trails over to the end at 360.  Then, reverse the route to return home.  That ride for me was about 66 miles round trip.

#230 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 02:30 PM

Google's Earth's latest imagery (on desktop app) is from 7/19 around Lake Worth, and you can see work on the missing gap in that area is well underway. 

lU0no9E.png

M6dVRzK.png

#231 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 03:17 PM

This is great news because I was out there in March and they had not done any construction.

#232 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 07:22 PM

BTW - I could not see any evidence of further construction along the DFW Discovery Trail (Fort Worth - Dallas)

#233 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 07:57 PM

From some of your earlier posts, it looks like that construction has been delayed some.  It doesn't surprise me.

#234 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 03:37 PM

I just stumbled across this on Google Earth Pro.  It appears that the Marine Creek Trail connection that fills the gap between Buck Sansom Park and Marine Creek Lake was nearly complete around July 19 of this year.  The only work left to be done was along the north side of Loop 820 and Marine Creek Parkway.  Filling this gap in the trail will make a nice ride going up that trail.  When the connection was on the road (if you were brave enough to ride it), that stretch was not pleasant.  Marine Creek Parkway had a lot of high speed traffic, and there were cracks and potholes to dodge.  The trail extension will be much nicer.

#235 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 11:05 AM

So excited for this news.  One of the rides I liked doing was from my house to Marine Creek Lake and back.  However, in 2020 I was almost struck by a car after passing the roundabout and I decided to wait until a new trail was done before attempting it again.  

#236 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 03:51 PM

Here's a good article from the City on the Bomber Spur: https://www.fortwort...3/9/bomber-spur

#237 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 12:32 PM

So they are showing Phase 1 and Phase 2 in the article; However how does phase 1 connect to the West Fork/Airfield Falls trail?

#238 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 12:48 PM

So they are showing Phase 1 and Phase 2 in the article; However how does phase 1 connect to the West Fork/Airfield Falls trail?

This may have changed, but I found this note: "Northern alignment for Bomber Spur Trail extension to be determined in redesign of IH 30 / SH 183 interchange"

https://www.nctcog.o...lMap_093019.pdf

Some other info on project phases: https://www.nctcog.o..._1.pdf?ext=.pdf

#239 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 04:56 PM

This may have changed, but I found this note: "Northern alignment for Bomber Spur Trail extension to be determined in redesign of IH 30 / SH 183 interchange"

https://www.nctcog.o...lMap_093019.pdf

Some other info on project phases: https://www.nctcog.o..._1.pdf?ext=.pdf

So basically Z Boaz park will be the start or end of the Bomber Spur.

#240 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 12 January 2024 - 08:02 PM

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2024008980

PROJECT
Project Name: Lake Worth Trails Phase 1B - Marion Sansom Park
Project Number: TABS2024008980
Facility Name: Marion Sansom Park
Location Address: 2501 Roberts Cut Off Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76115
Location County: Tarrant
Start Date: 9/25/2023
Completion Date: 2/2/2024
Estimated Cost: $1,800,000
Type of Work: New Construction
Type of Funds: This project involves public funds, public land, or is a Federally funded roadway project.
Scope of Work: Aprox. 3580 LF of 10' wide concrete trail, related markings, retaining walls signage, trailhead and one pedestrian bridge. This segment lies between Quebec St on the west and Robert Cut off Rd on the east.
Square Footage: 36,000 ft 2

#241 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:38 AM

City Council has an item on the agenda next week to approve a contract for the section between River Legacy: https://fortworthgov...E8-28A3DFBDCC5D

City staff recommends to award the construction contract to the lowest responsive bidder McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. Construction of this project is anticipated to begin in February 2024 and be completed in March 2025.

mkLDCZz.png

#242 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 04:10 PM

Future expansion point towards Centerport Station:

0fDSH6r.jpeg

#243 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 04:39 PM

Did you ride all the way out to this point?

#244 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 04:53 PM

Did you ride all the way out to this point?

From Collins.

#245 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 05:11 PM

That's such a nice easy ride, especially for somone that's a casual rider like me.  I haven't done it in years.  Definitely not since they extended to that dead end.

#246 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 10:24 PM

Back in the day, I rode from my house to the former end and back a few times.  (The new end where you took the photograph is only about 1/2 mile from the old terminus.)  It was about 67 miles round trip.  When I get my dental issues solved and I'm cleared to bite into a Camelbak, I'm going to start cycling again.

#247 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 02 February 2024 - 08:53 AM

Rode my bike on the Trails from southwest to downtown, very early this morning.  I saw two pedestrians and two bicyclists along the way, which surprised me.  I guess the feeling of an early spring is increasing outdoor activity.  I also passed what was either a lame dog or coyote.

#248 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 09:23 AM

As humid and gray as it, the weather is actually pleasant this morning.  I worked outside without a jacket for awhile.

#249 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 12:49 PM

As humid and gray as it, the weather is actually pleasant this morning.  I worked outside without a jacket for awhile.

yeah it feels really muggy out... not chilly at all with the overcast skies

#250 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 15 February 2024 - 08:51 AM

From Nextdoor:

CFW: Capital Improvement Project Federally funded East 4th and East 1st Bike Lane Construction Project Improvements coming to your neighborhood The City's Transportation and Public Works Department is hosting a community meeting to discuss the upcoming installation of bike lanes on East 4th and East 1st from Interstate 35 West (I- 35W) to Haltom Road. Meeting Details 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 15, 2024
www.webex.com
select “Join” Meeting number: 2553 459 5859 Meeting password: bike Phone in number:
469-210-7159
Tell your neighbors to come, too Contact: Iskal Shrestha, P.E., PMP, CCM Senior Project Manager City of Fort Worth Transportation & Public Works Department Phone:
817-395-4013
Email:
Iskal.Shrestha@fortworthtexas.gov
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need accommodations, auxiliary aids, or services such as interpreters, readers, or large print are requested to contact the City's ADA Coordinator at
(817) 392-8552
or e-mail
ADA@FortWorthTexas.gov

at least 48 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. If the City does not receive notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, the City will make a reasonable attempt to provide the necessary accommodations

https://www.fortwort...treet-bike-lane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users