The Star-Telegram's Tarrant Business blog has the news:
http://blogs.star-te...hapel-hill.html

#2 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'm starting to like that shopping center and I can't say that about shopping centers in general.

I think a shopping center similar to Chapel Hill would fit rather nicely on the South Side, it's close, but not quite.Maybe it takes up too much space and the intent is to go the boutique neighborhood shop genre on the south side.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#3 sparq

sparq

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

191K square foot retail in South Side (or nearby area) anchored by Central Market’s new concept (Urban Market - working title?) or Sprouts Farmers Market along with Crate & Barrel (or CB2), Pottery Barn, or West Elm - cater to residents from the historical (and affluent) neighborhoods (Berkeley Place, Fairmount, Ryan Place).

How about the area west of 8th Avenue (south of Post Office toward Stanley Avenue), front of the future SW2NE commuter rail?

#4 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

191K square foot retail in South Side (or nearby area) anchored by Central Market's new concept (Urban Market - working title?) or Sprouts Farmers Market along with Crate & Barrel (or CB2), Pottery Barn, or West Elm - cater to residents from the historical (and affluent) neighborhoods (Berkeley Place, Fairmount, Ryan Place).

How about the area west of 8th Avenue (south of Post Office toward Stanley Avenue), front of the future SW2NE commuter rail?

I was thinking more north of Rosedale, then again I've wondered why we have nothing on the other side of Hillside Apartments northeast of downtown or even between Hillside and downtown.

In this area:

Lots of single story stuff there now, but I'm guessing it's over priced, like that Million dollar place on 7th.

I sometimes take a detour on the way home just to drive by this area on Belknap, but the 3 to 5 million dollar price is a bit steep.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#5 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 01:38 PM

I meant to mention this a couple of weeks ago, but it appears J. Crew has moved into the former Buttons Jazz Club location at Chapel Hill Shopping Center (the end closest to I-30).  I wonder if they are expanding their location at University Park Village or relocating it?

#6 longhorn_1998

longhorn_1998

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:04 PM

I meant to mention this a couple of weeks ago, but it appears J. Crew has moved into the former Buttons Jazz Club location at Chapel Hill Shopping Center (the end closest to I-30).  I wonder if they are expanding their location at University Park Village or relocating it?

Looks like it's going to be a J.Crew Factory Store location. The University Park location is a regular J.Crew store.

#7 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:30 PM

Looks like it's going to be a J.Crew Factory Store location. The University Park location is a regular J.Crew store.

So basically like an outlet mall?  I forgot J. Crew was even a thing still.  I thought that faded out in the early 2000's which was about the last time I could probably fit into their clothes, LOL unless they have a "dad bod" line of clothes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users