• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:41 AM

The back wheel of my bicycle is wobbly, so I've not taken to the Trails lately.  Rather than spend money to fix my old one, I wanted to buy a new bicycle.  That seemed simple enough.  But when I checked out the prices at one of the bike shops, my jaw dropped open.  I can't see myself spending $800 to $3,000 for a bicycle, high-speed racer notwithstanding.  I know some of you guys in the forum have those fancy bikes, and I respect that.  But I thought a modest 26-wheel size road bike is all I need.  Unfortunately, Walmart and Target shelves for men's bicycles have been empty for quite a while.  I guess the pandemic is to blame for this.

Anyone know of any bicycle shops that sell $130.00 road bikes?

#2 ramjet

ramjet

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:42 PM

The back wheel of my bicycle is wobbly, so I've not taken to the Trails lately.  Rather than spend money to fix my old one, I wanted to buy a new bicycle.  That seemed simple enough.  But when I checked out the prices at one of the bike shops, my jaw dropped open.  I can't see myself spending $800 to $3,000 for a bicycle, high-speed racer notwithstanding.  I know some of you guys in the forum have those fancy bikes, and I respect that.  But I thought a modest 26-wheel size road bike is all I need.  Unfortunately, Walmart and Target shelves for men's bicycles have been empty for quite a while.  I guess the pandemic is to blame for this.

Anyone know of any bicycle shops that sell $130.00 road bikes?

I would take a look at local pawn shops.  I've seen some beauties for rock bottom prices at pawn shops.  

#3 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:22 PM

Bicycles! Beg Borrow Trade Sell Fort Worth
My blog: Doohickie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users