• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jsfslls

jsfslls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

Rivertree Academy, a nondenominational Christian outreach foundation that provides opportunities for children in the Como area, used the intellect of A&M College of Architecture students in a competition to create eco-friendly and cost-effective design concepts, construction schedules and operating costs that would help fundraising for a new boarding school.

Rivertree%20academy01_galleria_large.jpg

Rivertree%20academy03_galleria_large.jpg

school_galleria_large.jpg

"The team envisioned two-story dormitories built in U-shaped clusters for girls, boys and faculty, each with a courtyard in the center and four-foot roof overhangs providing plenty of shade. The dorms are to be equipped with solar panels and designed to produce more energy than they use. Additionally, the rooftops are to be outfitted with a rainwater capturing system, facilitating irrigation of the surrounding landscape."

Rivertree%20academy04_galleria_large.jpg

Rivertree%20academy05_galleria_large.jpg

school-2_galleria_large.jpg

"The unique farm/campus will be built on donated land, a former country club and golf course, located about 12 miles southeast of downtown Fort Worth."

Still not exactly sure where they're planning it. From that statement, it seems like it's a distance away from Como.

The winning team each received an award of $1000. I may not be an aggie, but this is still great to see.

http://one.arch.tamu...-design-school/

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Seems like this was posted about somewhere on the forum a few months ago. It's going on the land of the former Timber View Golf Course on the border of Everman and Fort Worth. I think all but a sliver of the land is actually in unincorporated Tarrant County. The white building with the brick chimney in the renderings is the former clubhouse.

I grew up about 5 minutes from there and played the course a few times. It was always in pretty poor condition and was in and out of business repeatedly over the years. It's pretty land and this will be a great use. I don't know if they only purchased the western half of the land or all of it. The east side has a lot of trees and sits next to Village Creek.

#3 Roger_H

Roger_H

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

I played Timberview Golf Course as a high school kid. The Site Plan includes all of the golf course. The east side is what is labeled as "Grazing", with the electric transmission right-of-way in gray.

#4 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Love the concept. I will be praying (and donating) for their success.

#5 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:08 PM

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2023017516

PROJECT
Project Name: Timberview
Project Number: TABS2023017516
Facility Name: Multiple buildings consisting of barns and acquaponics greenhouse
Location Address: 4274 Timberview
Fort Worth, TX 76140
Location County: Tarrant
Start Date: 4/1/2022
Completion Date: 9/1/2023
Estimated Cost: $6,000,000
Type of Work: New Construction
Type of Funds: This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work: Construction of multiple buildings for use as a teaching farm
Square Footage: 38,000 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant? No

OWNER
Owner Name:
Cary Brown Family Foundation, Inc
Owner Address:
303 West Wall Street, St 2400
Midland, Texas 79701

DESIGN FIRM
Design Firm Name: JRK Designs
Design Firm Address: 3559 Williams Rd
Fort Worth, Texas 76116

#6 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 08:53 PM

Someone that I grew up with went to an event at Timberview Farms tonight and posted pics on Facebook.  It looks like it turned out great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users