• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shanedallas76

Shanedallas76

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Economics, Downtown Fort Worth, Economic Development, Doctrines of Grace

Posted 01 August 2022 - 12:07 PM

Howdy!

I am looking for ways to estimate costs of development specifically in the DFW metroplex area, if anyone can help?

• price/SF of standard wooden buildings (multifamily apartments, condos, etc.)
  • price/SF of concrete and steel buildings (hotels, office, etc.)
  • price/SF of parking garages
  • price/linear mile of light rail for public transit
  • price/SF of public parks

Or better yet what source can I use to derive these figures on my own. I found Trading Economics where, say, the price of lumber = $537/1,000'. But I don't know how to factor/weigh this into the expected cost of construction for wood-based structures.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

#2 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 01 August 2022 - 03:29 PM

Here you go Shanedallas76....

The Beck Group publishes a bi-annual cost report or at least they used to.  I believe the last one they published was Fall 2021 which a lot has changed in our industry since then. 

https://www.beckgrou...rt_Fall2021.pdf

RS Means also has some good estimating resources but you pay for the publications which is updated regularly.  It is sort of the standard for rates and cost books other than highly competitive tools that companies develop internally.  

By the way....

The Beck cost report URL is pretty easy to tinker with so check back again later this year or you can try searching on google with this sitewide parameter:  

click this:

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users