Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 12:12 AM

https://www.loopnet....th-TX/23924027/
2109-2209-S-Main-St-Fort-Worth-TX-Outlin

Kind of a neat old building, location is both challenging but convenient, given the immediate industrial surroundings, but also very close to the Near Southside and I-35. 

#2 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 05:01 AM

Any suggestions or ideas what this could include?

current zoning "J" medium Industrial, numerous additional uses are possible. Incredible adaptive reuse opportunity.

I thought this was a funny selling point:

Located directly beside Railroad, historic silos and a short walk to JPS Hospital.

#3 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 05:14 AM

Ok I looked up J Medium Industrial:

J Medium Industrial - All uses permitted in I, plus breweries, cement products, power plants, grain elevators, poultry slaughtering, and light manufacturing. Max. 120 ft. height.

I Light Industrial - All uses permitted in G, plus food processing, animal hospitals and outdoor kennels, trans. terminals, temp. batch plant, warehousing, outside sales/storage, printing and light manuf. Max. 55 ft. height.

G Intensive Commercial - All uses permitted in F with maximum 12-story/120 ft. height

F General Commercial - All uses permitted in FR, plus amusement e.g. nightclubs, bars, skating rinks, etc. Alcohol sales and on-premises consumption permitted in F thru K districts. Maximum 45 ft. height.

FR General Commercial Restricted - All uses permitted in E, plus theaters, auto sales & repair, hotels, health care facilities, commercial and business clubs, bowling alleys, large retail stores, home improvement centers. Alcohol sales prohibited. Maximum 45 ft. height.

E Neighborhood Commercial - All uses permitted in ER, plus retail sales, banks, restaurants, gasoline sales, bakeries, and alcohol sales for off premise consumption and as part of food service. Maximum 45 ft. height.

ER Neighborhood Commercial Restricted - Beauty/barber shops, bookstores, drug stores, studios, offices, public and civic uses and health care. Alcohol sales prohibited. Maximum 35 ft. height.

#4 Crestline

Crestline

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 06:50 AM

I have a recollection that a parcel a block north at Main and Bryan was for sale a few months ago, but I can't find evidence for that on Loopnet now. Maybe the whole corridor will get redeveloped a bit!

Are all of the silos shown in the picture still in use?

#5 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 10:30 AM

I have a recollection that a parcel a block north at Main and Bryan was for sale a few months ago, but I can't find evidence for that on Loopnet now. Maybe the whole corridor will get redeveloped a bit!

Are all of the silos shown in the picture still in use?

I'm pretty sure the silos west of Main (on the left) are still in use; I've seen trucks loading/unloading.  I think the ones on the other side are as well but I haven't  seen direct evidence recently.

The buildings for sale are being used (leased?) by CENiKOR which is "Comprehensive Drug & Alcohol Rehab".  I guess lack of direct residential neighbors makes it good for that use.  The building has awesome vintage bones though; I think you could probably have a brewery there and also a large tap room and restaurant.

My blog: Doohickie

#6 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 12:18 PM

I've always been a bit intrigued by the area. Coming down the S. Main bridges through those massive structures has a cinematic feel to it. And once your there, you feel like you've stepped into some tiny West Texas town that time forgot. 

A brewery would be a really cool elevated use for the space. I think one of the big appeals is that you could probably make a lot of noise without much issue. 

About the coolest concept could be from Doohickie's old digs in Buffalo, where an old silo complex is now an urban adventure park and brewery. (Ofcourse, that would require the silos to be sold too, which is not the case here)

#7 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:09 PM

The buildings are actually pretty extensive.  I could see several different ventures going in there:  Brewery with tap room and restaurant, music venue, possibly some kind of activity space- axe throwing, mini-golf, bowling?  Maybe all of the above?

My blog: Doohickie

#8 Crestline

Crestline

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:41 AM

I'm normally all for breweries, but this morning in a moment of sober reflection I wonder if the space should be dedicated to production rather than consumption. There's already a well-established nightlife and dining district to the north on Magnolia, etc.; not sure what's to the south; maybe this parcel should stay dedicated to true medium industrial use? Besides the silos, in the buildings nearby I see an auto body shop, a gaming machine supply business, a packaging supply business, and so on. Feels to me like more use in that vein would be good here.

#9 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:33 AM

It's all industrial to the south.  There's not much down there.  Further south, the area becomes residential after Main Street ends at Morningside Dr.

#10 Urbndwlr

Urbndwlr

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 10:27 AM

Yeah those look like really tricky (expensive) renovations.  They are currently pretty isolated (heavy industrial all around) and I think someone told me that the ground right around there (maybe those buildings) has some serious environmental contamination.  Just makes it more complicated for anyone trying to do something there. 

The railroad tracks would probably only have appeal for someone building distribution buildings (or manufacturing something heavy?) and "walking distance to JPS" - that's a major stretch. 

#11 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:00 AM

I think someone told me that the ground right around there (maybe those buildings) has some serious environmental contamination.  

There is a superfund site just to the South, https://cumulis.epa.gov/supercpad/cursites/csitinfo.cfm?id=0602800  

While it'd be neat for the buildings to have some sort of creative, public use, I'll agree that the most likely use for these buildings is not something groundbreaking.

#12 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:11 AM

It sounds like the northern building, the more historic of the two, is slated for demolition: https://aca-prod.acc...ShowInspection=

Cenikor North Building

Demolish and remove north commercial building including foundation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users