#1501 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 19 June 2024 - 07:49 AM

During the time that Walker, Texas Ranger was filming here, I ran into them from time to time.  However, I didn't know of all of the locations that were used for their filming. 

Maybe now I'm more aware, or the possibility that I'm very close to the Base Camp for all of Taylor Sheridan's operations, I now see where they are filming nearly every day.

#1502 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 03:11 PM

Pulido's closing all locations.

https://www.star-tel...l#storylink=cpy

The Pulido's on Pulido Street (off of Vickery) has reopened.  We had a late lunch there today.  They did a really nice job on the remodel.  The decor is still a bit rustic, but with an all new and clean feel to it.  They completely redid the bar and patio area, too, and it looks terrific.

The food was really good, and it didn't appear that the prices changed all that much.  Also impressive was the size of the crowd in the dining room at 3 in the afternoon.  The bar area was full.  I think this version of Pulido's has a very bright future.

#1503 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 04:16 PM

I tried to go with a work colleague at around 1:15 and gave up on looking for a parking spot.  The lot was full and there wasn't anything on the street.  I'll make it back at some point.

#1504 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 08:15 AM

I tried to go with a work colleague at around 1:15 and gave up on looking for a parking spot.  The lot was full and there wasn't anything on the street.  I'll make it back at some point.

Let me guess....Railhead instead or Flying Fish?

#1505 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 09:06 AM

Another Tex Mex place in the neighborhood.

#1506 FortWorthian

FortWorthian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 July 2024 - 02:38 PM

Smoothie King to become La La Land Kind Cafe Camp Bowie.  I noticed the Smoothie King on Diaz and Hulen is "Temporarily Closed" too.

PROJECT
Project Name: La La Land Cafe - Fort Worth, TX
Project Number: TABS2024019616
Facility Name: La La Land Cafe - Fort Worth, TX
Location Address: 5733 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Location County: Dallas
Start Date: 7/15/2024
Completion Date: 10/15/2024
Estimated Cost: $350,000
Type of Work: Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds: This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work: Tenant build out replacing an existing Smoothie King to a new La La Land Cafe, the leased area is to remain the same, kitchen, restrooms and dining area will remain the same and will receive only new finishes.
Square Footage: 1,686 ft 2

Jenny Anchondo did a cool interview with the owner of La La Land Kind Cafe on the local TV show "Fun on the Run with Yolonda" (CW33) featuring the "Crookie."  I couldn't find the video.

Snag the viral Crookie trend at La La Land Kind Cafe

by: Jenny Anchondo

Posted: Jun 26, 2024 / 01:55 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 26, 2024 / 02:13 PM CDT

https://cw33.com/new...land-kind-cafe/

Lala-Crookie.jpg?resize=876,700

#1507 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 09:43 PM

Mr. Gatti's Pizza is going to open at 5201 McCart in the old Mitchell's space.  This is the same center where Auto Zone took most of the space of the old Buddies/Winn-Dixie Supermarket.

#1508 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 06:02 AM

Don't know what or where Mitchell's was.  Plugging that address into Google maps shows the building where Samwon Garden is, is that correct?  It looks like there's an empty space in the building; is it going there or did one of the other businesses close?

This is actually great news.  There's been some under-the-radar revitalization along the McCart corridor, including the new businesses in this shopping center as well as between Walton and Edgecliff (Liquor Depot, Rams Boba Tea, and Brown's Backyard BBQ).  If you haven't been to Brown's, I highly recommend it.

My blog: Doohickie

#1509 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 10 July 2024 - 01:11 PM

Don't know what or where Mitchell's was.  Plugging that address into Google maps shows the building where Samwon Garden is, is that correct?  It looks like there's an empty space in the building; is it going there or did one of the other businesses close?

This is actually great news.  There's been some under-the-radar revitalization along the McCart corridor, including the new businesses in this shopping center as well as between Walton and Edgecliff (Liquor Depot, Rams Boba Tea, and Brown's Backyard BBQ).  If you haven't been to Brown's, I highly recommend it.

I've heard great things about Brown's.  I wasn't aware of exactly where it was located but now I will have to make it a priority to plan a visit.

#1510 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 01:31 PM

Mr. Gatti's is not going into the building where Samwon Garden is located.  It appears that everything on the east side of the site is addressed 5201 McCart.  The pizza place is going into the easternmost lease space of the larger building on the south side of the site.  Originally, that space was occupied by Mitchell's Department Store.  They were a junior department store here locally.  When that center was built, the larger building had a Thrify Cut-Rate Drug store in the west space, where Van Markle Plumbing Supply is currently located.  In the center was a Buddies Super Market along with their Handy Man Center Hardware Store, and on the east end, was Mitchell's.  Buddies was bought out by Winn-Dixie and the store changed names then.  When they built an even larger store at Westcreek & Walton, the space later became the McCart Thrift Center.

#1511 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 05:07 PM

I've heard great things about Brown's.  I wasn't aware of exactly where it was located but now I will have to make it a priority to plan a visit.

If traveling south on McCart from I-20, the first light is Walton. There is a gas station just past Walton, and Brown's just just after the gas station. They will likely ask you if it's your first time there, the answer is yes.... because then they will give you samples of all their meats.  It's amazing.

#1512 claxton

claxton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 06:18 PM

Smoothie King to become La La Land Kind Cafe Camp Bowie.  I noticed the Smoothie King on Diaz and Hulen is "Temporarily Closed" too.

PROJECT
Project Name: La La Land Cafe - Fort Worth, TX
Project Number: TABS2024019616
Facility Name: La La Land Cafe - Fort Worth, TX
Location Address: 5733 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Location County: Dallas
Start Date: 7/15/2024
Completion Date: 10/15/2024
Estimated Cost: $350,000
Type of Work: Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds: This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work: Tenant build out replacing an existing Smoothie King to a new La La Land Cafe, the leased area is to remain the same, kitchen, restrooms and dining area will remain the same and will receive only new finishes.
Square Footage: 1,686 ft 2

Have been to the one in Dallas a few times. Good coffee and an amazing slice of toast smeared in nutella and topped with bananas and strawberries. Had always hoped they would open one on this side of the Metroplex.

#1513 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 09:57 PM

I'm saddened to hear that Boca 31 is closing. I think the location must've been a big challenge. 

• TLA likes this

#1514 FortWorthian

FortWorthian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 11:00 PM

I'm saddened to hear that Boca 31 is closing. I think the location must've been a big challenge. 

You know, as many times as I've been in that Jimmy Johns, I never even noticed Boca 31 until you said something.

#1515 TLA

TLA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 08:37 AM

I feel like they would have done better at the food hall on 8th. Cafecito seems to be crushing it, there’s an open spot where the boba tea spot was. Also, this new bar is opening on Stanley Ave, which will have 3 food spots for chefs to work out of: https://fortworth.cu...ch-sports-bar/. These sort of food concepts like ghost kitchens or shared kitchens seem to be a much more economic route for new restaurants.

#1516 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 03:53 PM

I feel like they would have done better at the food hall on 8th.

dog-say-what.gif

The what now?

#1517 george84

george84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 04:44 PM

That food hall is very hidden, which is why Ober Here went under. That place was amazing but nobody knew about it.

#1518 TLA

TLA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 07:51 PM

Calling it a food hall is generous. It’s 3 or 4 spots in a retail shell, like individual concession spaces. Cafecito seems to be crushing it there. 12am me certainly knew Ober was there haha, but yes I think the idea for some of those spots is a trial into brick and mortar or back to a truck/popups.

#1519 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:09 PM

T&P Tavern is closing: https://www.facebook...QquBs2QjCSRvqd/

#1520 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

You beat me to posting, as usual.  Tim Young had been warning me that we would probably lose our Walking Tour Meeting Place by the time the year was over.  I asked him what the alternative location would be, and he said we would still meet in the Concourse at the T&P, but we just wouldn't have any tables and chairs.  I said I was OK with that.  I don't need to sit to wait for the tours to start.

I'm really sorry they are closing. I have known Nate and Joanne since they restored and opened it.

• TLA likes this

#1521 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,010 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

New Italian restaurant coming to the former Rancho Loma winery location at 411 S Main - tucked back in the alley way. Sounds like they have a great plan. Hopefully it fills the gap left by Tre Mogli. 

https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/bocca-osteria-romana-main-street/ 

https://aca-prod.acc...ShowInspection=

#1522 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

T&P Tavern is closing: https://www.facebook...QquBs2QjCSRvqd/

Ugh, that's sad.  It's a good space; I hope someone else can make it work.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users