#101 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

I wish the map was a little better.  I saw the print version before I saw it online, and the print version wasn't much better than what you can see here.

#102 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:18 AM

I have high hopes for the Bomber Spur

#103 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

I have high hopes for the Bomber Spur

Me too.

My blog: Doohickie

#104 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Here's some renderings of several projects, including a "signature" cable stayed pedestrian bridge parallel to University, a beautified median on Forest Park at the trailhead, a trailhead and kayak launch near the zoo, and much more. Exciting stuff!

Wow, the accompanying article is a pure rah-rah propaganda piece on the Panther Island Debacle. A note at the bottom says this was written just before a recent "breaking news." With stuff like this masquerading as journalism it is no wonder that The Fort Worth Way is so well entrenched.

#105 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

It's Fort Worth Magazine. All they do is advertising-driven puff pieces. I'm shocked they even mentioned the recent issues. Don't get me wrong. It's a great publication, but I don't think anyone would go there expecting investigative journalism.

#106 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

It's Fort Worth Magazine. All they do is advertising-driven puff pieces. I'm shocked they even mentioned the recent issues.

Yeah, I view Fort Worth Magazine as a directory of plastic surgeon and interior designer advertising with an occasional article thrown in.

#107 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

Full report available for download

http://streamsandvalleys.org/

#108 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

Full report available for download

http://streamsandvalleys.org/

I spent a few hours this weekend working through this. While the link to the video doesn't seem to work, and the proposals mostly seem unfunded, it is a nice aspirational document.

Streams and Valleys really seem to have a workhorse mentality of slowly and quietly actually getting things done. I wish them the best of luck on this over the next 5-10 years!

#109 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

There was the previous plan from... 2006?.... that's interesting to see an update.  The old plan had aspirational versions of what became the Woodshed, the Clearfork Bridge, the Art Cowsen Trailhead, the Tilley Bridge, and many other projects that have and haven't been done.  Looks like they included some of the unfinished business in this new plan.

#110 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:17 PM

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram published an article online today about the progress on building the trail along the Trinity River from Fort Worth to Dallas.  The latest extension of the Trinity Trail in Fort Worth is supposed to be mostly finished by the end of September from Handley-Ederville Road to River Trails Park, east of Loop 820.  Even with the completion, there will still be a gap in the trail for the reconstruction of Loop 820.  Back in August, I rode that nearly complete trail to River Trails.  I had to get off the bike 4 times in about 3 miles to walk due to no pavement across the small creeks and through other areas of construction.  It's also interesting to note that this year, I have ridden nearly all of the built pieces of the trail system from Downtown Fort Worth to Downtown Dallas.  I also rode the Cotton Belt Trail to Grapevine in August.  Over Labor Day Weekend I rode all the way to the west end of the West Fork Trail.  I have also been within the last month to the end of the Clear Fork Trail and the Benbrook Lake Park Road System.  Below is the link to the article:

https://www.star-tel...e234874557.html

There is a map shown earlier in this thread indicating what is constructed and what is planned. 

Also, if you want to see my latest rides posted on my All-Time Personal Heatmap, you can follow this link and zoom in to see the sections here in Fort Worth.  The map is automatically updated on each ride.  https://www.strava.c...53254/-99.46478

#111 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:02 AM

John, the bicycle culture here in Iowa is overwhelming. Des Moines, Iowa City, Cedar Falls, etc. have trails all over the place, but the bigger story is the statewide system that that is evolving. It's not uncommon to be driving around in the country and suddenly realize the road you are on is paralleled by a paved bike trail that can go on for miles... The grail of bike riders in IA is the RAGBRI, a cross-state multi-day trek. I was not ready this year but am making plans to prepare for next year:

https://ragbrai.com/

The lack of a wide, fully paved trail from Fort Worth to Dallas after all these years is curious. or suspect...

#112 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

I have a friend that's originally from IA and she participated in RAGBRI for the first time this summer.  She made riding it as a goal in her recovery from a serious accident.  It looked like a blast.

#113 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:56 PM

RD, I am fully aware of RAGBRAI and I did it once in the early 1990's.  Every year, the late Art Cowsen organized several multi day trips to various rides throughout the U.S. and RAGBRAI was one of those.  I really enjoyed it the one time that I did it.  Art did so many things for the cycling community that the Fort Worth Bicycling Association put up the seed money to build the Art Cowsen Memorial Trailhed in Pecan Valley Park. 

RD, I also agree with you in that we should have completed this trail system by now.  However, I will tip my hat to Mayor Betsy Price for getting the ball rolling again.  I've noticed that since she has been Mayor, the trail system has rapidly been expanding to make the connection through Fort Worth.

#114 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Information on the Bomber Spur Trail is going to be provided at the next Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Commission.  They meet on Wednesday, September 25th at 6:00 PM at the Hazel Harvey Peace Center for Neighborhoods in Room 105.  The address is 818 Missouri Ave.  The agenda can be found here: http://fortworthtexa...d412c78b62a.pdf

#115 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:15 AM

So with Covid-19 (and the cold, wet weather prior) I haven't been out on the trails as much, but there are some Trinity Trails items that have been progressing:

1. Connector from 183 access road to Riverbend Blvd./Vickery Blvd.  This is now passable, but not in its final configuration.  Currently once you get up to Riverbend it empties out on the sidewalk and doubles back (away from Vickery) to a driveway apron that connects to Riverbend.  Apparently there will be a direct connection to Vickery at some point.
  2. East bank of the Trinity River across from Trinity Park.  This is virtually complete but the portion under the multiple freeway overpasses is still closed.  It appears that work continues on a small scale.  People are going around the barriers and using the trail anyway.  Last time I went through there was new pavement striping.  It appears there are two sections of guardrail that still need to be installed. 
  3. An interesting side project related to 2. is that a trail tees off perpendicular to the river and goes up to the "old Vickery bridge" (now a westbound ramp from the CTP to University).  There are barriers on the bridge separating the motor traffic from a bike path that looks like it will eventually connect to University, providing yet another way to cross the Trinity River on bicycle.  It will be interesting to see what that connects to and how.  It looks like it might connect into Vickery east of the Rogers "mouse hole."  I wonder if there will be an on-street bike lane or off-street path in that area?  A connection from the south Trinity Park area to Alamo Heights would be handy.  There's already some level of bicycle traffic through that area.
  4. Hemphill-Lamar connector which as a separated/elevated sidepath on either side of the road surface.  This project is complete.  Okay but not essential.

#116 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

Information on the Bomber Spur Trail is going to be provided at the next Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Commission.

So has anyone seen plans for this or heard when it might be done?

#117 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:21 PM

Doohickie, I really haven't heard any information.

#118 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:43 PM

It was in the medium-long term range of the Streams and Valleys masterplan, which was 5-10 years out. The plan was published November 2018 so less than that now. The bridge over I-30 will be rebuilt at the same time as the highway interchange below, expected to be sometime in the mid 2020s. 

#119 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:45 AM

Connector from 183 access road to Riverbend Blvd./Vickery Blvd.  This is now passable, but not in its final configuration.  Currently once you get up to Riverbend it empties out on the sidewalk and doubles back (away from Vickery) to a driveway apron that connects to Riverbend.  Apparently there will be a direct connection to Vickery at some point.

The above is Item#1 in Post#115, posted by Doohickie.  Riding my bicycle, I have accessed the Trails from Vickery Boulevard using the 183 access road. Improvements on this access road are a very good safety measure for bicyclists.  A separate bike lane has been cordoned off from motor traffic on the access road.

But the safety measure is actually an asphalt sidewalk on the grassy area that now extends from Vickery to the point where the Trails begin, about a quarter mile south of Vickery.

Here's why it's a safety measure.  Before the sidewalk was put in, a bike rider speeding south on the access road had to slow down near the Southwest Boulevard bridge underpass because one never knew when a car might be emerging from the underpass.  A bike rider could be struck by a car if not exercising caution.  Now the bike rider can stick to the sidewalk all the way to the Trails, thereby avoiding the access road at the underpass altogether.

#120 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

Here's why it's a safety measure.  Before the sidewalk was put in, a bike rider speeding south on the access road had to slow down near the Southwest Boulevard bridge underpass because one never knew when a car might be emerging from the underpass.  A bike rider could be struck by a car if not exercising caution.  Now the bike rider can stick to the sidewalk all the way to the Trails, thereby avoiding the access road at the underpass altogether.

Wait, WHAT?  Are you talking about riding south on the northbound access road instead of following the flow and looping around to the other side?  That's just dumb.

In unrelated news, the Trinity Trail on the east side of town now goes a little further.  Previously it ended just short of Handley Ederville Road.  It now crosses the river on a low water crossing and continues on the north bank to East Loop 820.  With the expansion of the Loop underway I don't expect it to cross under until that construction is complete.

#121 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

It is actually paved another 2 miles on the other side of Loop 820, but there is no connection through the construction zone.  You are correct in that I have heard that it won't be paved under the freeway until after the construction is complete.  It currently ends at River Trails Park, but you can ride through a couple of neighborhoods to get further east.

#122 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

It goes another 2 miles on the other side of 820 to a neighborhood park too. You can see the new trail on Google Maps pretty easily, looks like a very heavily treed trail.

#123 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

Yes, that's what friends told me.

#124 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:53 PM

I rode it last summer, on a Sunday, when there weren't any barricades at Loop 820.  At that time, there weren't any warning signs, either. 

https://www.strava.c...s&year_offset=0

#125 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:29 AM

Wait, WHAT?  Are you talking about riding south on the northbound access road instead of following the flow and looping around to the other side?  That's just dumb.

Yes, I know you can loop around, go under the bridge underpass further south, and get to the Trails that way.  But my way is a bit shorter and quicker.  In the years I've been taking this route I've always been cautious and never had an accident.  One reason is I do this around 3 in the morning on my occasional bicycle commute to downtown along the Trails.  Hardly any motorists around that time of morning.

#126 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:30 AM

Yes, I know you can loop around, go under the bridge underpass further south, and get to the Trails that way.  But my way is a bit shorter and quicker.  In the years I've been taking this route I've always been cautious and never had an accident.  One reason is I do this around 3 in the morning on my occasional bicycle commute to downtown along the Trails.  Hardly any motorists around that time of morning.  And it's much safer now as I described above (Post#119).

#127 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

City is applying for an NCTCOG Grant to extend the on-street bike lanes on 4th Street from Sylvania (where they end after exiting downtown) to Disposal Rd in Gateway Park. A new trail would be built to connect to the new trail that follows the old 1st street ROW, and a short connection to the neighborhood east of Lake Havasu Trail.

https://fortworthgov...1F-B521EFC5239F

#128 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:21 AM

Sounds like a smart move.  It will help recent housing starts/announcements in the Sylvania/4th Street area, possibly pushing future development further east.  I've ridden that route as it currently is, and it's not too bad.  There is a dicey bit just east of Riverside where a bridge crosses railroad tracks the the alignment of the street curves from 4th to 1st.  The bridge doesn't provide very good visibility near the crest and I worry about cars approaching from the rear. 

It's hard to imagine how they're going to do this unless they are going to do a road diet from Haltom Road to Sylvania.

#129 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:49 PM

I'm back on the portion of the trail east of Loop 820.  On Sunday, I turned around at Loop 820 again because of the warning signs to not proceed through the construction zone.  When I was younger, I ignored those signs when I was on bicycle, but now I do not go past any barricades.  It is interesting in that I looked at my route on the Strava Flyby feature, where it shows your route along with everyone else you crossed paths with on Strava during your ride.  I discovered that everyone that I was around on the eastern section of the trail went through the construction zone and rode to River Trails Park.  That new section is very heavily wooded and forested.  When I rode it last summer, it was really fun to ride on the trail in such a wooded and pristine area. 

Over on the Fort Worth Bicycling Association's Facebook page, someone has posted a link to an area trail map, showing the future routes and when they are planned to be completed.  This map may have been posted before, but I thought I would post it here.

https://www.nctcog.o...aa-I9KU15lB6Y9U

#130 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

Anyone explored the trails in Collin Co? There seems to be a ton of them.

#131 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

I have not.  It's a little far to drive to ride the trails.  However, I wouldn't be opposed to trying them out at some point.

#132 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:42 AM

I've never gone east of Gateway. Guess I need to look into that...

#133 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:45 AM

At the edge of Gateway, the old East 1st Street Bridge is now the trail bridge over the river.  The trail in Quanah Parker Park has been in place for quite some time, and the new trail extension east of the park goes through some heavily wooded areas, then sits between the wooded river and a levee to protect a gated residential community.  Right before Handley-Ederville Rd., the trail crosses the river at a low water crossing and then ties into the street system in River Bend Industrial Park or continues east along the north side of the river.  The connection into the street system allows a cyclist to ride through Richland Hills and connect to the Cotton Belt Trail that will take you all the way up to Grapevine.  The gap in the trail system is about 5.5 miles between the Trinity Trails and the Cotton Belt Trail.

#134 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

The city's Park & Recreation Department will conduct a public meeting to collect public input and comments for a preliminary trail alignment plan of the Bomber Spur Trail. A virtual meeting will take place at 6 p.m. Sept. 22.  Below is a link to the article:

https://patch.com/te...mber-spur-trail

Here's another link to the text from the City's Website:

http://fortworthtexa...ber-spur-trail/

#135 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:16 PM

I've drafted up my ideas...

#136 SCHMJDT

SCHMJDT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

Looks like the area on the east part of the trail, east side of the river, south of Martin House Brewing and the rail bridge has been regraded.  Today was the first day back riding to the office in about three weeks so not sure when it happened, but helps a ton on the ride to work in the morning not having the rocks.  Hoping at some point that can be paved.  When the rains get heavy the low water Bridge at Hope Church goes quick and the gravel on the east side turns to mud making it almost impossible to get from the east side to Downtown.  But for now will take just that are getting cleaned up. 

#137 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:17 AM

The city's Park & Recreation Department will conduct a public meeting to collect public input and comments for a preliminary trail alignment plan of the Bomber Spur Trail. A virtual meeting will take place at 6 p.m. Sept. 22.  Below is a link to the article:

https://patch.com/te...mber-spur-trail

Here's another link to the text from the City's Website:

http://fortworthtexa...ber-spur-trail/

I had recently emailed the project contact on this and the feedback wasn't exactly inspiring.

I was told the city does not yet have funding available for easement acquisition, and previous funding can only support "up to 30% of preliminary engineering design."

The city is going to NCTCOG before the end of the year to discuss possible future funding options to move the design portion forward.

#138 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:01 PM

On Dec. 1, Arlington City Council approved the execution of an agreement with the city of Fort Worth for the last leg of the Trinity Trail Connection between Arlington and Fort Worth.  The Fort Worth City Council is expected to approve this agreement in January.  For more information, follow this link:

https://greensourced...rt-worth-closer

Here is a link to the overall future trail map to Dallas with construction dates from the North Central Texas Council of Governments:

https://www.nctcog.o...tion_102220.pdf

If you blow up the map, you can see a lot of detail.

#139 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:29 AM

That is great news!  That will be a major connection point, I just drove through Precinct Line Rd last night and there is an entirely new neighborhood going up east from there into the river bottoms.  The school is underway too.  I wonder if they are going to re-utilize the old railroad bridge east of Greenbelt?  It would make sense if it is structurally sound although or maybe an underpass by Graffiti Bridge further south is a better solution for crossing Greenbelt.

https://goo.gl/maps/u6hnCwMYU6EmFihp9

#140 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

I think the trail will run east from where you have linked to Google Maps at Trammel Davis Rd. and Greenbelt.  That would use the old railroad bridge and provide a direct connection to River Legacy Park.

#141 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

There's a panoramic of the railroad bridge on Google Maps.  It and the approach on the west side are in pretty bad shape.  Mostly graffiti on the bridge itself.

#142 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:18 AM

Over on another thread, it has been discussed riding from Downtown Fort Worth to Downtown Dallas on a bicycle and then taking the TRE back to Fort Worth.  When completed, the Trinity Trail between the two downtowns will be approximately 52 miles, one way.  If that is about your distance limit, then I would think taking the train back would be pretty smart.  For those of you who ride long distances, the ride would be about 104 miles, round trip, if you started in Downtown Fort Worth.  Obviously, it would be further if you rode from your house. 

#143 SCHMJDT

SCHMJDT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:33 AM

was out on the trail this weekend and came across this . . . 

I had seen the sign holders go up last weekend off the path and was curious to see what was going to go into the signs, but did not expect this.  I have seen these before in San Jose but they were always at bridges or train tracks, not sure what purpose this is intended to serve in the middle of a long bike trail stretch with few if any pedestrians and no real hazards.

For reference this is about a half mile east of Quanah Parker Park, 

https://goo.gl/maps/Wv3X5tJHfbXYduY4A

I haven't been west for a while, since they started repair on the 4th street bridge, are these showing up elsewhere along the trails?

also sorry for the link, keeps telling me i can't link photos

https://lh3.googleus...3-no?authuser=0

#144 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:47 AM

I can't see your images or your links, but if this is what I think has been posted on bicycling social media sites, this is a new barrier on the trail that requires cyclists to dismount and walk their bikes through.  The reason these barriers have been installed on the trail is that motorcycles have gained access into these locations and have destroyed parts of the levee system and some of the natural vegetation.  According to the social media sites, three of them have been installed.  One on the main trail east that you mentioned, another at the entry from Jack Newell Blvd. S., and another on the newest section of trail on other side of Loop 820. 

On Sunday, May 2, I rode out to Gateway from South Fort Worth.  We turned around at the E. 1st Street Bridge where the trail has been blocked for the construction.  I have not ridden it since the barricades have been installed.

#145 SCHMJDT

SCHMJDT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:34 AM

Got it, ya that's exactly what I was trying to post the picture of. It seemed like the bike behind me got through without getting off thanks to having drop handles I assume. Not sure that I'll try to thread the needle or not

#146 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
  • Interests:(pronounced
    na-tix-o-pee)

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:31 AM

https://www.tdlr.tex.../TABS2022000864

PROJECT
Project Name: Fort Worth Trail Gap Connection
Project Number: TABS2022000864
Facility Name: Buck Sansom Park
Location Address: 255 North Center Street Suite #100
Fort Worth, TX 76011
Location County: Tarrant
Start Date: 12/1/2021
Completion Date: 10/1/2022
Estimated Cost: $1,793,721
Type of Work: Additions to Existing Building
Type of Funds: This project involves public funds, public land, or is a Federally funded roadway project.
Scope of Work: Concrete trail, traffic signals, landscape and irrigation
Square Footage: 145,000 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant? No
Current Status: Project Registered

OWNER
Owner Name: City of Fort Worth
Owner Address: 4200 South Freeway Suite #100
Fort Worth, Texas 76011
Owner Phone: (817) 392-5700
Contact Name: Jing Yang

TENANT
Not Assigned

DESIGN FIRM
Not Assigned

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'll try and research this later this weekend...let me know if anyone has any more accurate details on this project.  Here's what I found from a quick search:

From an old city presentation....
V6knkGw.png
From Confluence:
8D67bw1.png

eqaWpP5.png

#147 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:22 PM

I'm really excited for these connections.

A big chunk of the Lake Worth trail is in place from Marion Sansom Arrow S Park which will really extend the length with any connections that way too.

#148 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:37 PM

I'm really looking forward to the trail connection from Buck Sansom Park to Marine Creek Lake.  I have ridden the Marine Creek Trail to the end and then ridden on Angle Ave. & Marine Creek Pkwy. to get to the lake.  That road is rough, full of pot holes & cracks, and is busy.  Even though it is a short distance, that stretch is not fun to ride.  The on-street connection between Buck Sansom Park and Marion Sansom Park is basically my trail-to-trail loop out that way.  The only difference is that I don't ride on Jacksboro Hwy.  I still take the residential streets to connect to the West Fork Trail. 

#149 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:32 PM

i have been waiting for the trail connection to Marine Creek Lake since I moved back to Fort Worth in 2015 and started biking again.

#150 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:31 PM

This connection is sorely needed because the Marine Creek Lake Trail is so nice.  I could easily see some cyclists discouraged to ride around the lake because of the lack of connections between the two sections of trail.  Many of my cyclist friends do a longer version of the trail-to-trail ride by riding 1/2 of the way around Marine Creek Lake, then heading northwest on Ten Mile Bridge Road to Hodgkins and turning south, there.  Hodgkins to TX 199 and across the highway to Foster Dr.  Then follow Foster and all the Lake Worth Roads to Arrow S Park, hop on the trail and follow that to the current end at Inspiration Lane, weave through western River Oaks over to the end of the West Fork Trail, and then back into Fort Worth along the West Fork of the Trinity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users