453 replies to this topic

#451 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:49 AM

Anybody have any info on the happenings with old Magnolia Tree Tavern? Theyve been doing some work, paining and refinishing outside tables. It was a fun place but I felt service lacked a little bit. Location is wonderful with the side patio.

New owners, same folks behind Durty Crow and Durty Murphy's per nextdoor. 

#452 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:51 AM

Anybody have any info on the happenings with old Magnolia Tree Tavern? Theyve been doing some work, paining and refinishing outside tables. It was a fun place but I felt service lacked a little bit. Location is wonderful with the side patio.

I think of that place in terms of a Venn Diagram.  One circle is that building, the other is The Bearded Lady.  The intersection of the two circles was an awesome place; the other areas of the Venn diagram.... not so much.

New owners, same folks behind Durty Crow and Durty Murphy's per nextdoor. 

So expect another Durty place?

My blog: Doohickie

#453 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 11:05 AM

Just noticed a New Mexican food coming to the old Mi Cheritta Ray off Westcreek. San Antonio Mexican Foods.

San Antonio Mexican Foods is owned the same people as Mexico Real which is basically a half mile away.  Mexico Real is TexMex, I would expect the new place will be a slightly different concept.  I went by there and there is an outdoor patio with several picnic tables.

My blog: Doohickie

#454 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:49 AM

New "Brix and Morter" location for Brix BBQ at 1012 S. Main

5EoNZUB.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users