122 replies to this topic

#1 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Chevrolet Impalas Schwinns

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

Where do you go when you wanna have a drink after that long day at work or have dinner with the wife or that special someone?? Just looking for a few extra options when I head out for a nite in FORT WORTH!!

I Iike to go to Razoos in Downtown! Then maybe head over to The Library! Lots of places to go in downtown!! Where else is there to go?? cool.gif
Born and Raised in Ft. Worth Texas.

Best believe I aint going no where!!

#2 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (817.TX. @ Apr 26 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do you go when you wanna have a drink after that long day at work or have dinner with the wife or that special someone?? Just looking for a few extra options when I head out for a nite in FORT WORTH!!

I Iike to go to Razoos in Downtown! Then maybe head over to The Library! Lots of places to go in downtown!! Where else is there to go?? cool.gif

We used to go downtown and just wander around (8.0, Flying Saucer, Reatta Roof-top, Jack's, Billy Miner's, The Pig & Whistle, etc.). We also used to hit the TCU bar scene (Aardvark, University Pub...). Now we go to over-priced bars and quietly reminesce about when we used to go out for real.

I very much like the bars at Eddie V's and Grace.

#3 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

My favorite watering hole after work is definitely 8.0 - specially when the weather is nice and can sit out on the patio. I also enjoy the bars at Whiskey & Rye, Cantina Loredo and the Worthington Hotel - all are very nice and elegant.........The Library is ok I guess, but more suited for kids and the younger crowds.

To dine, Piranha is prolly my favorite - love me some sushi and they do it so very well. I also enjoy Simply Fondue (very romantic for that special date), Daddy Jacks, Mi Cocina, Texas De Brazil, and Sammy's Pizza.

#4 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

My favorite place to have a drink in FW is, by a wide margin, The Usual here on Magnolia. Love the design, love the unique cocktail menu and the quality beers, love Brad & the gang.

Plus, one can walk from tasty vegan dining to tasty Prohibition-era cocktails in just about one minute or so.

--

Kara B.

#5 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (mulligan69 @ Apr 26 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also enjoy Simply Fondue (very romantic for that special date)

Nothing says romance like unbuckling the belt a notch or two in the car after they serve you all that food...

Grace has a GREAT bar and I like their bar food better than the main menu.

The GingerMan on Camp Bowie for the beer nerd.

I'm going to try out The Usual after I learned you can have Nona Tata deliver your order to you.

Times Ten winery for some great wine.

Lola's is just a great bar in every aspect...

#6 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

I do also enjoy going to PF Changs! And the one time I went to Petes Piano Bar was cool too! cool.gif

#7 tjh1

tjh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Fort Worthology @ Apr 26 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite place to have a drink in FW is, by a wide margin, The Usual here on Magnolia.

Good call! I have been to The Usual two of the past three times I have been in Fort Worth. The interior is awesome and the staff is terrific. I recommend either the martinti (made with gin and an onion instead of olives) or the Old Fashion. This is quite possibly the most unique bar in the city and I recommend that everyone pay them a visit.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised by the street and pedestrian activity on Magnolia on Friday & Saturday nights. The lights in the tree's look great and really makes Magnolia inviting to pedestrians at night. I love seeing Magnolia and the Near Southside as a whole continue to organically redevelop into a vibrant mixed-use area.

#8 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Golf, cooking, most other sports, friends, family, history, most outside activities, reading - experiencing new things.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (817.TX. @ Apr 29 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do also enjoy going to PF Changs! And the one time I went to Petes Piano Bar was cool too! cool.gif

Both are pretty good spots - but:

* PF Changs is really crowded on the weekends. Be prepared to wait a while if near prime time.

* Pete's gets extremely crowded too. If you want a table, get there soon as they open as well. Also, beware, the show is really, really, loud...... This place would not let me smoke a cigar inside one time, kind of mad me made with all the cigarettes in the place. I mean a piano bar w/out cigars - really?

#9 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (mulligan69 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (817.TX. @ Apr 29 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both are pretty good spots - but:

* PF Changs is really crowded on the weekends. Be prepared to wait a while if near prime time.

* Pete's gets extremely crowded too. If you want a table, get there soon as they open as well. Also, beware, the show is really, really, loud...... This place would not let me smoke a cigar inside one time, kind of mad me made with all the cigarettes in the place. I mean a piano bar w/out cigars - really?

If you're looking for elbow room, I’ve found the quickest way to thin a place out is to light up a stogie.

After a couple hours in a smoky environment add in some libations and I can barely smell the quarter bottle perfumeries walking by, that is, if I can smell over the stuff I bathed in. If those with fully functional olfactory systems start checking the bottom of their shoes when an aficionado lights up or walks by, would seem obvious why an establishment would request they not share.

I use to wonder why that place always had such a high percentage of females to males, now I know.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#10 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (tjh1 @ Apr 29 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised by the street and pedestrian activity on Magnolia on Friday & Saturday nights. The lights in the tree's look great and really makes Magnolia inviting to pedestrians at night. I love seeing Magnolia and the Near Southside as a whole continue to organically redevelop into a vibrant mixed-use area.

We're very proud of the new lights - think they add a lot to the street. It's been a struggle to get them all finished, and while there are still a few trees not yet working, it's good enough to really make an obvious difference now. And the re-striping to remove car lanes and add bike lanes has helped calm traffic a great deal to make it a more pleasant place all around.

Our next project is a big bike parking initiative, which we're working on with Fort Worth South and Trinity Bicycles. Fun times.

--

Kara B.

#11 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

8.0's is having a roof built over the outside patio. It is going to be clear/see thru - pretty amazing. Rain will no longer be a problem and will still be able to see the day sun & night sky. Should be complete by end of the month.

#12 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (mulligan69 @ May 3 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8.0's is having a roof built over the outside patio. It is going to be clear/see thru - pretty amazing. Rain will no longer be a problem and will still be able to see the day sun & night sky. Should be complete by end of the month.

Do they plan to leave holes for the trees?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#13 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Architect, photography, woodworking, jazz, guitar/bass/saxophone, sculpture.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (David Love @ May 3 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mulligan69 @ May 3 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone have a rendering of what is being proposed? I hope to be proven wrong but I can't imagine how the experience would be the same or that the trees won't be affected.

#14 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

A couple of trees were removed so that the foundation studs could be built - but their absence is hardly noticable. The awning is clear, you can literally see the sky as if you were looking thru a glass window. The patio cover will go over the trees, those currently remaining will not be touched. It's a pretty incredible structure - just have to see it.

#15 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hyenas Comedy Club is cool when they have good acts! smilewinkgrin.gif

City Streets, Embargos, Houston Street Bar and Red Goose are places I have been as well! cool.gif

#16 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

I've been to all of those a few times. Still make it over to the Goose now and then. I actually like that ba - it's dark, small (sort of). and just a cool older dive. Ha, of course, have to hope the ceiling doesn't cave in - that place is hanging on by the thread of it's life. Won't mention any names, but a certain very wealthy family here in town has been trying to buy that building for a while now - owner won't sell.

#17 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (mulligan69 @ May 5 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been to all of those a few times. Still make it over to the Goose now and then. I actually like that ba - it's dark, small (sort of). and just a cool older dive. Ha, of course, have to hope the ceiling doesn't cave in - that place is hanging on by the thread of it's life. Won't mention any names, but a certain very wealthy family here in town has been trying to buy that building for a while now - owner won't sell.

Goose is mos def a small place! The 2nd floor is intimadating!

Anyone been to Vault or Bar 9!! Skeptical about going to these places (might be too uppity for me) cool.gif

#18 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (817.TX. @ May 6 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mulligan69 @ May 5 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goose is mos def a small place! The 2nd floor is intimadating!

Anyone been to Vault or Bar 9!! Skeptical about going to these places (might be too uppity for me) cool.gif

Best bet it to shoot to over dress a bit, being over dressed creates less friction, unless your at Billy Bob's.

V and B9 are nice but like any place downtown, every night has its own flavor, sample a few to find one that suits your taste.

#19 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

Gonna head over to the Stockyards this weekend!! Umm Umm Risckys here I come!! biggrin.gif

#20 817.TX.

817.TX.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

Went over to the West Side (Ridgmar Area) stopped at a sports bar called Spencers Corner. Was nice inside! The pictures on the wall had me cracking up!! rotflmao.gif

#21 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

The patio cover/roof has been completed at 8.0 finally. It is a really incredible structure, you can pretty much see right thru it to the sky from underneath.

#22 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Looks pretty cool, kinda like a wing, can't wait to see how it handles those 40+ mph wind gusts squeezing through the City Center Towers.

#23 longhornz32

longhornz32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Wow, I drove by this last night and was impressed. I look forward to sitting under the canopy to make my final judgment but it looks great. I'm not sure about the silver as it is such a drastic contrast against the trees. A nice self weathering steel would have made it disappear more. (But no body asked me blink.gif) Good job whoever designed it.

#24 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

It would appear that if it ever just snapped off, the trees could prevent serious injuries to patrons below. Does look pretty neat, worthy of some photos.

#25 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

Pretty good friends with the operations director for Sundance Square - he said the structure is supposed to be engineered to handle winds up to 110 mph. I was under it y-day, first thing I noticed is how warm it was - almost like a greenhouse effect. There are talks of installing fans underneath it, that would be a good idea.

#26 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

I was there last Wednesday for the concert. It made me wonder if it will dampen the noise somewhat to the rest of downtown. I thought I remembered reading the Tower residents could hear things pretty clearly before. I wonder if this will help?

#27 unknowntbone

unknowntbone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

[quote name='817.TX.' date='Apr 26 2010, 09:51 AM' post='60652']

[/quote

Wherever they sell Rahr beer and serve authentic Bufflalo-style wings is where I'll be. There's only two places that I know of that can do that--Buffalo Bros. and the patio at Buffalo Bros. (oh, and there's sports all over the place, too)

#28 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

I'm guessing that those of us who like our bars without any TVs at all are in the minority around here?

(Not judging. Just a question.)

--

Kara B.

#29 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Fort Worthology @ Jul 16 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing that those of us who like our bars without any TVs at all are in the minority around here?

Would be nice if you could make a decision based on that criteria, but I think it probably comes down to mood for most.

#30 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Has Saturdays and the occasional Wednesday become the only days Downtown Sundance is hopping, and those days are rather quiet of late?

Looks festive this evening.

#31 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Fort Worthology @ Jul 16 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hard to find. That's why I like to take people to the Fort Worth Club to have a drink in the Library. There are some TV's, but the sound is usually down low and you can definitely have a good conversation.

#32 JKC

JKC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

Admittedly this is a function of age, but I do like my TV's without bars. Is that too terribly different?

#33 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

In today's economy, being able to open a pub sans high end electronics would be a plus.

#34 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (cberen1 @ Jul 16 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was there last Wednesday for the concert. It made me wonder if it will dampen the noise somewhat to the rest of downtown. I thought I remembered reading the Tower residents could hear things pretty clearly before. I wonder if this will help?

Surrounding tennants have long complained about the noise from 8.0. Last year Sundance Square and 8.0's went in together and addressed the problem. A entirely new sound system and high tech speakers were installed. This really changed the noise output and has made a big difference - for the better.

#35 mulligan69

mulligan69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

When I want to relax at a nice, quiet bar minus the technology wave - I like to go to Whiskey & Rye or the bar at the Worthington. Both are really classy and nice.

#36 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

Im heading down town this saturday. gonna see whats going on
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

#37 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

So are there any places worth visiting in Sundance Square these days? With graduate school, the 9 to 5 and two businesses, I've lost touch with the goings on other than who's closed.

#38 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

I guess that answers that question!

Not that I can get out anyway, putting in the long hours, as it appears most are lately.

#39 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

Not that I can get out anyway, putting in the long hours, as it appears most are lately.

I mean no disrespect but I think the lack of replies is that it is a silly question. What are you looking for? Dinner? Grace, Daddy Jack's, Mi Cocina, Ferre, Taverna... Nightlife? Scat Jazz Lounge, Flying Saucer, 8.0, Fat Daddy's... This weekend @ Bass Hall >>> Cirque de la Symphonie Presented by: Fort Worth Symphony. http://www.dfw.com/2...wn-at-bass.html Coming soon... Lonestar in Sundance Square http://www.lonestarsundance.com/ In other words there is always something going on in Sundance Square (and nearby)

#40 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

I mean no disrespect but I think the lack of replies is that it is a silly question. What are you looking for? Dinner? Grace, Daddy Jack's, Mi Cocina, Ferre, Taverna... Nightlife? Scat Jazz Lounge, Flying Saucer, 8.0, Fat Daddy's... This weekend @ Bass Hall >>> Cirque de la Symphonie Presented by: Fort Worth Symphony. http://www.dfw.com/2...wn-at-bass.html Coming soon... Lonestar in Sundance Square http://www.lonestarsundance.com/ In other words there is always something going on in Sundance Square (and nearby)

Didn't mean to offend just trying to spark some discussion, it's really a beat to death topic and this is just one thread variation of the same topic, I just assume everyone has been following all of them for the past 6 or 7 years. I guess it's more of a question of where are forum followers hanging out these days, anything worth sacrificing a few hours of a good nights sleep for? I believe the reason the topic comes back over and over is from one year to the next, everything changes, if it's not the freshly minted 21 year old drivers licenses drinking "hey look at me shots" on one night, they're being replaced by established couples within walking distance trying to find a place to meet with friends on the next.

I can see many of those locations from my couch, you can get a good list by simply googling Restaurant, Bar or Pub. So where does Jeffwd go on a night out in Sundance Square?

I'm working on some downtown Fort Worth centric apps and am trying to categorize downtown establishments, best places for singles, couples, 18-21, 21-25, 25-45, etc... as well as Jazz, Rock, Country, Live and so on. I have lots of work and recon ahead.

#41 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Didn't mean to offend just trying to spark some discussion, it's really a beat to death topic and this is just one thread variation of the same topic, I just assume everyone has been following all of them for the past 6 or 7 years. I guess it's more of a question of where are forum followers hanging out these days, anything worth sacrificing a few hours of a good nights sleep for? I believe the reason the topic comes back over and over is from one year to the next, everything changes, if it's not the freshly minted 21 year old drivers licenses drinking "hey look at me shots" on one night, they're being replaced by established couples within walking distance trying to find a place to meet with friends on the next.

I can see many of those locations from my couch, you can get a good list by simply googling Restaurant, Bar or Pub. So where does Jeffwd go on a night out in Sundance Square?

I'm working on some downtown Fort Worth centric apps and am trying to categorize downtown establishments, best places for singles, couples, 18-21, 21-25, 25-45, etc... as well as Jazz, Rock, Country, Live and so on. I have lots of work and recon ahead.

Jeffdfw likes to go to Grace and Mi Cocina, 8.0 and Scat Jazz Lounge and Jeffdfw would like to try out Whiskey and Rye... Unfortunately, Jeffdfw's job of thirteen years is going away next month so I am sitting at home most nights saving as much $$$ as I can :unsure:

#42 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

Jeffdfw likes to go to Grace and Mi Cocina, 8.0 and Scat Jazz Lounge and Jeffdfw would like to try out Whiskey and Rye... Unfortunately, Jeffdfw's job of thirteen years is going away next month so I am sitting at home most nights saving as much $$$ as I can :unsure:

Sorry to hear that, I believe many of us on the forum can relate.

#43 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

I know everyone's situation is different, I had so much time invested in my previous company I had become trapped, best decision I never made. I still kick myself though for not getting off my butt and sticking with a dead end company as long as I did. Hope things turn out well for you.

#44 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

So if you're not interested in the get drunk "Lets Party!" crowd and just want to go out maybe grab a bite and socialize with friends, what would be the top three choices downtown?

#45 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

I know everyone's situation is different, I had so much time invested in my previous company I had become trapped, best decision I never made. I still kick myself though for not getting off my butt and sticking with a dead end company as long as I did. Hope things turn out well for you.

Thanks David. My situation sounds like it is very sililar to yours. The only reason I am sticking around is the hope of a nice severance package... I will not miss driving to Las Colinas every day and hope to land a gig in dowtown FW!

#46 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

So has anyone tried the T & P Tavern?

#47 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

So has anyone tried the T & P Tavern?

It's quite good, and the setting is amazing. It's popular with Near Southsiders who are hanging around the bike shop in South Main urban village, since it's an easy walk/bike from there, and it's a good distance for a bike pub crawl evening from places on Magnolia and Park Place.

--

Kara B.

#48 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Haven't been there since they were in the concourse. Need to stop by for a look soon.
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#49 Volare

Volare

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:running, cycling, geocaching, photography, gardening, hunting, fishing...

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

It's nice. The only suggestion I have for them is to lose the harsh flourescent lights over the bar. They make it hard to see the taps and really mess with the mellow vibes of the rest of the space.

#50 FortWorthLowrider

FortWorthLowrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:ROCK ISLAND!!!!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:25 AM

I noticed a bar tucked away in an alley. What is it?
ROCK ISLAND
Fort Worth Texas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users