Photo
- - - - -

Teenagers and Cell Phones

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should be banned from talking on cell phones and driving at the same time? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should be banned from talking on cell phones and driving at the same time?

1. Teenagers (14-16) (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Teenagers (for the first six months they have their license) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Everyone (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ILoveAJuggalo1569

ILoveAJuggalo1569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Playing softball!

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

I just want to know everyones opinion about this because to me everyone should be banned from talking on cell phones and driving at the same time. 30 year olds can get in a wreck while talking on a cell phone just as easy as a teenager can.
Everman High School C/O "06"

#2 David Love

David Love
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

I think the ability to multitask while driving should be a certification and tested much like the kind a semi driver is required to go through, the test should have a hefty price tag, say $250.00 to prevent those that take it over and over hoping to eventually pass.

Why a tested certification?

Some are genetically predisposed with a natural ability to multitask; others are not and are probably more dangerous on the road than someone driving with double the legal blood alcohol. The odd thing is those that lack the ability to drive and talk on the phone typically consider themselves of above average intelligence and many are naturally attracted to positions that would enable them to weigh in on these very issues so the likelihood that some would be granted the privilege to communicate and drive based on natural abilities and others restricted due to a genetic void which might single them out as flawed in some way, isn’t going to happen, so the restrictions will be applied to everyone, no one or those that comprise 50% of all traffic fatalities. The same group who’s brains will not fully develop the section that deciphers mortal threats until they're 25 years old.

1st violation: Big fine, 30 day driver’s license suspension.
2nd violation: Bigger fine, 12 month suspension.
3rd violation: 5 year to lifetime suspension, vehicle you’re driving confiscated, no bargaining, no debating, gone, do not pass go.

Same goes for DUIs but that’s just my 2 cents.

And, while were on saving lives on the highway, when semi’s are bared from the left lane on certain major highways in other states, fatalities immediately drop 60%, why waste years and hundreds of thousands doing a study to see how traffic changes when you bar large trucks from the left lane?

#3 ILoveAJuggalo1569

ILoveAJuggalo1569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Playing softball!

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

I never thought about that before. You are totally right, there should be a test to see if you can multitask while driving, but you know as much as I do Texas is not going to go for that. They first have to hire someone that can do the test in each city and then they have to figure out the rules that go with it.
Everman High School C/O "06"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users