• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:59 AM

I ask the question because I read a news article that a certain Georgia senate candidate (no political statement intended here) has his primary residence in Tarrant County.  Being curious I checked TAD which shows the candidate has his homestead in Westlake.  The article says the residence is in the "Dallas, Texas area."

You all know I've got a beef about people confusing the Fort Worth area with Dallas.  Guess I'm being picky here, but I always thought Westlake, Southlake, Roanoke, etc. were more suburbs of Fort Worth than of Dallas.  At least Wikipedia thinks so.

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:27 PM

It's all pretty subjective at the end of the day.  I would make the argument that all of the suburbs around here could be attributed to either city or even both.  If the worst thing that happens with that Senate race is a candidate's residence being labeled incorrectly, I think I'll sleep pretty good at night.

#3 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 04:18 PM

according to google maps westlake is approx 30miles from downtown dallas and about a 30min drive, whereas it's 22miles to downtown fort worth but about a 35min drive.

I worked in westlake 2013-2019 and would say 2/3 of my coworkers lived in Dallas or Colin Counties rather than Tarrant or Denton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users