• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

In the top left image you see a building on about a 45 degree angle.

Image Source: Bladerunner Movie Downloads

In the movie, you see these buildings built around a Mayan pyramid central building.

Without using twice the materials of a building with the same square footage, I wonder if something like that could be built with today's architectural technology?

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#2 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

I think they built something like that in Dubai.
My blog: Doohickie

#3 David Love

David Love

Skyscraper Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, gothic structures, Harley Davidsons, active with Veterans Affairs. Making things out of wood and carbon fiber.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

A desert situation was my first thought, with the heavy sun exposure side covered in movable solar panels, but the cost to anchor something like that would huge, Dubai would make sense.

I was originally thinking Las Vegas maybe, the picture is very limited in detail, just happen to have it on in HD, with all the added detail in the opening shots of the movie... looked really amazing.

Better Business Bureau:  A place to find or post valid complaints for auto delerships and maintenance facilities. (New Features) If you have a valid gripe about auto dealerships, this is the place to voice it.

#4 arch-image

arch-image

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Gary Morgan - Historical preservation, zoning and growth issues, Serious but not professional photographer, been in construction and design since late 70's

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

....I wonder if something like that could be built with today's architectural technology? .... I had to chuckle at this, I get clients ask me all the time ... "could we do XYZ? ... my answer is always the same, We can do anything you want as long as your pockets can handle it! 

#5 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

http://www.ctbuh.org...GB/Default.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users