Owen's Content

There have been 13 items by Owen (Search limited from 17-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#78170 Memory of Christmas long ago

Posted by Owen on 02 July 2013 - 12:05 AM in Local History

The monorail was in the basement of Leonards, and for me, at least, Christmas wasn't Christmas without a ride on it.

#76652 Daniel Meyer Coliseum Renovation/Remake

Posted by Owen on 18 April 2013 - 11:21 PM in Public & Institutional

Looks like only a marginal increase in seating capacity.  What'll they do if Trent Johnson manages to make basketball actually catch on at TCU?

#74779 New 7th Street Bridge

Posted by Owen on 25 January 2013 - 12:51 AM in Public & Institutional

Does anyone know if any consideration has been paid to making the new bridge bat-friendly?

#73895 Earthquakes in North Texas

Posted by Owen on 14 December 2012 - 01:40 AM in City Issues

These "frakes" (quakes due to fracking), as I like to call them, are but minor jigglers compared with the ones Mother Nature occasionally lets off on the Ring of Fire, where I live.

#73819 Pick' em: 10 Soccer Stadium Sites

Posted by Owen on 11 December 2012 - 12:25 AM in Ideas and Suggestions for Projects

I have to agree; Farrington's the best site. Most of the infrastructure is already there, the stadium needs the sort of reforbishing AGC Stadium got, and the location can't be beaten.

#73650 Soccer Specific Stadium sites

Posted by Owen on 02 December 2012 - 12:08 AM in Ideas and Suggestions for Projects

From what I've seen of the AGC renovation, they did a good job of keeping the original Art Deco look while modernizing the facility. That's what you'd have to do with Farrington, aside from removing the track; and it wouldn't come cheap. But, with some ISD's spnding up to $67 million on a football stadium, you might just be able to sell the idea.

#73465 Opinions of the Latest Forum Upgrade

Posted by Owen on 26 November 2012 - 01:29 AM in Architecture in Fort Worth Website & Forum

One thing I've noticed about the new upgrade is that it does not automatically readjust to fit the screen if the screen zoom size is greater than 150%; indeed, even at 150%, a little shifting from left to right is needed to bring the text portion of posts into full fiew. I don't know if anything can be done to fix this.

#73269 Forum & Site Hacked Again On Friday

Posted by Owen on 15 November 2012 - 12:21 AM in Architecture in Fort Worth Website & Forum

Looks like the forum's virus-free now. It's taken a bit to get used to the new look, but I like it.

#73243 Forum & Site Hacked Again On Friday

Posted by Owen on 14 November 2012 - 12:33 AM in Architecture in Fort Worth Website & Forum

My AVG is detecting and removing virus Framer on every open done in this forum.

#72861 Earthquakes in North Texas

Posted by Owen on 18 October 2012 - 11:13 PM in City Issues

As a native Southern Californian now living in Texas, I have to ask - why would anyone actually choose to live in Cali. Southern or otherwise? :)

We've got better weather, by far.

#72840 Earthquakes in North Texas

Posted by Owen on 17 October 2012 - 11:59 PM in City Issues

Just be happy y'all get nothing but little jigglers from all the fracking. Pardon my saying it (as a native Texan, now living in southern California), but they don't build for major quakes in Texas, and a six-pointer would do considerable damage anywhere in the state.

#72299 MCM homes in Fort Worth?

Posted by Owen on 14 September 2012 - 11:28 PM in Fort Worth Architecture

I lived in Ridglea (3904 Floyd Drive) 1956-67; wonder what's become of the place.

#72135 The New Amon Carter Stadium?

Posted by Owen on 06 September 2012 - 11:26 PM in Public & Institutional

Now that is' complete & dedicated, time to get aerial & other shots of it uploaded to Google Earth.