18 replies to this topic

#1 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

A new town house project in the Montgomery Plaza area. The bulk of the article seems to focus on Westview, but there is a little info on Presidio.

West side to get 20 town homes

CityHomes, the division of Dallas-based Centex Homes that builds trendy, urban town houses and condos, plans a 20-unit infill development of two- and three-story town houses on Carroll Street, just west of Montgomery Plaza on West Seventh Street, called Presidio.

#2 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:10 AM

It will be interesting to see a rendering. I heard something about this a while back, but wasn't sure when it would go public.

I do get the feeling that the Linwood neighborhood, as we know it now, is not long for this world.

--

Kara B.

#3 jmilam

jmilam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

That must be the fenced empty parking lot/auto shop just south of the new church?

#4 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(jmilam @ Oct 30 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post

That must be the fenced empty parking lot/auto shop just south of the new church?

That is correct.

--

Kara B.

#5 jmilam

jmilam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Oct 30 2007, 10:35 AM) View Post

QUOTE(jmilam @ Oct 30 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post

That is correct.

That area is sure changing fast. Seems like there is news just about every week...I'm waiting for a Whole Foods Market... smile.gif

#6 guest

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

This announcement explains why Centex filed for “Alley Closure” on this block last June. Nice perk for the remaining property owners on this particular block, assuming they are deeded their additional portion of the alleyway. I think the north side of 7th will be much slower to develop, not near as much low-hanging fruit as on the south side. I’m told Matt McIntyre paid 100 buck a foot for the two lots on 6th and Carroll just south of the Presidio project. 625 K for a lot sounds high for a standard size city lot but I suppose it isn’t considering people are paying 250K and up for a residential lot in Monticello. Wonder when the private eminent domain cases will begin…

#7 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

I heard he bought the property(s) adjacent to his pub, parking and all. Is this the same description?

$1.25 million on those two is a bit high for now.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#8 guest

• Guests

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(safly @ Oct 30 2007, 10:03 PM) View Post

I heard he bought the property(s) adjacent to his pub, parking and all. Is this the same description?

Yes, that’s the property. That price MIGHT BE high right now but if it is, it won’t be for long with all the value added improvements under construction. For me it’s difficult to equate dollars with real estate right now with the sinking dollar. Cash is trash in these times, much better off in real estate than in the bank or sending it to Fidelity Mutual. I think in Matt’s case it made even more sense since it was a 1031 exchange and he acquired more contiguous property. My point is that everything that has sold so far, that I’ve been privy to, has sold in the 25 to 50 dollars per square foot range. Residential lots in Monticello are being sold in that price range so is it so difficult to swallow that this commercial property, right in the heart of the cultural district would sell for this price? The remaining land in the cultural district is held by people who don’t need money, they know the day will come when their dirt is worth way more than what is selling for today, including what Matt paid. These people would like to wait five or ten years and sell for a better price. My question is will they be allowed to without a bunch of do-gooders who support private imminent domain?

#9 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Who loves ya, baby?

IPB Image

--

Kara B.

#10 Sam Stone

Sam Stone

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

Interesting. . . Looks like Santa Fe meets turn-of-the-century. A little busy but elevations have a way of looking like that. Can't wait to see more.

#11 PLS

PLS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

terra cotta roofs! here comes the spanish revival...

#12 Shocker

Shocker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

Yawn. Just another cut and paste from some lame architectural file.

#13 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hopefully a better rendering will appear soon. That looks way too busy, bordering on tacky. ( The rendering is drawn, so I"m thinking it's very preliminary) Not surprising though. I've got some real issues with CityHomes.

#14 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

That's just an early elevation. Not a full-on rendering.

I also have preliminary floor plans and such.

--

Kara B.

#15 pelligrini

pelligrini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

It looks a little busy in the linework elevation, but when it gets executed in actual materials I think it will look a whole lot different; especially if the same color brick is used for the banding and other details.

I'm not sure if it's a hand drawn elevation or a squiggled CAD file.

Erik France

#16 hannerhan

hannerhan

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

There's one element I really hate about this drawing: some awnings are supported from below (the traditional Spanish Revival style element), and some are supported from above (a much more modern, industrial style). To me that blows up the whole design. Pick one or the other...

#17 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

Looks like the play setting for Donkey Kong. laugh.gif
www.iheartfw.com

#18 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(concretist @ Oct 31 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post

QUOTE(safly @ Oct 30 2007, 10:03 PM) View Post

Yes, that’s the property. That price MIGHT BE high right now but if it is, it won’t be for long with all the value added improvements under construction. For me it’s difficult to equate dollars with real estate right now with the sinking dollar. Cash is trash in these times, much better off in real estate than in the bank or sending it to Fidelity Mutual. I think in Matt’s case it made even more sense since it was a 1031 exchange and he acquired more contiguous property. My point is that everything that has sold so far, that I’ve been privy to, has sold in the 25 to 50 dollars per square foot range. Residential lots in Monticello are being sold in that price range so is it so difficult to swallow that this commercial property, right in the heart of the cultural district would sell for this price? The remaining land in the cultural district is held by people who don’t need money, they know the day will come when their dirt is worth way more than what is selling for today, including what Matt paid. These people would like to wait five or ten years and sell for a better price. My question is will they be allowed to without a bunch of do-gooders who support private imminent domain?

Did he sell another bar with that 1031? If so, the guy can really move stuff and quickly. Heard rumors that it was bankrolled from Euro money, which makes sense regarding the weak dollar. You will start seeing more and more of that soon with Canadian, Latin American, Asian and European investors. Much like CA and NYC in the 70's and 80's. But in a much more affordable market right here in N.Texas.
www.iheartfw.com

#19 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

This project is dead. City Homes is pulling out due to "competition from Montgomery Plaza and SoSeven."

--

Kara B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users