• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:46 AM

I have noticed the growth of Fort Worth-based journalism in the past months.  Joining the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and the Fort Worth Business Press are relatively newcomers Fort Worth Magazine, Fort Worth Weekly, Fort Worth Times, and Fort Worth Inc.  These are professionally produced, physical and/or online.  Slick and glossy.  I'm guessing this welcome trend is in major cities across the country.

Am I missing any?

#2 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:59 AM

Not physical, but significant:

https://fortworthreport.org

#3 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:19 PM

CultureMap, 360 West, and Paper City have good arts, dining, and retail news. Dallas Business Journal has ramped up its coverage of Tarrant County lately.

What's Fort Worth Times? Is it print only? The first few pages of Google search results only show a private Facebook group, a company that dissolved in 2003, followed by articles about Times Ten Cellars (RIP).

#4 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 02:24 PM

S-T is running a pretty cheap St. Patricks day sale: 6 months unlimited digital access for $6 total.

https://mycheckout.s...os-15.99_202203

Very frustrating.  I just tried that link and it took my payment (I think?) but I can't log on.  The online help sucks.  Basically it lets me log in but every time I try to click an article it asks me to subscribe or log in again.

This is EXACTLY why I canceled my online subscription last time.

My blog: Doohickie

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:20 PM

I have heard of this problem for a long time. Someone I work with mentioned it yesterday when we were trying to access an article.

#6 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 09:15 PM

S-T is running a pretty cheap St. Patricks day sale: 6 months unlimited digital access for $6 total.

https://mycheckout.s...os-15.99_202203

Very frustrating.  I just tried that link and it took my payment (I think?) but I can't log on.  The online help sucks.  Basically it lets me log in but every time I try to click an article it asks me to subscribe or log in again.

This is EXACTLY why I canceled my online subscription last time.

That stinks. I wonder if the deal was only good for Thursday? Have your tried to clear your browser cache Ctrl+F5 in your browser then shut it down and restart your computer. Could just need an IP refresh. If you use a VPN, try logging onto their site through that too see if that works.

The link seemed to work in terms of going through the transaction to give me the subscription.  As of yet I notice that the money hasn't left my account, so maybe it needs to process or something (since it's a weekend).  I'll try to log in Monday and see what happens.

I saved a link to a Bud Kennedy post from January where he offered suggestions on how to get logged in and what to do if they don't work; among them was a contact at the subscription department at McClatchy.  I'll see if I can get it work.  I'd really like to support local news but they make it so dang hard. 

My blog: Doohickie

#7 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,453 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 30 March 2024 - 05:21 PM

I remember the Fort Worth Press.  Their last publication was on Friday, May 30, 1975.  I was ending my junior year in high school.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users