Wow..fans!

#2 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 07:33 AM

This is one reason I just don't bother with watching TdF.  Fans, camera motorcycles, support cars, all interfering with the race.  Just seems bush league.  I understand that much of that is based on traditions that go back decades, but it still seems bush league to me that a fan can get close enough to bring riders down.

My blog: Doohickie

#3 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 01:02 AM

All my anxieties about flying are real!

#4 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 06:06 PM

India is projected to surpass China as the most populated nation in the World in 5 years. India's cities are being overwhelmed by its rural population settling into already densely populated slums. The India's infrastructure is teetering and clean water and sanitation is an immense problem.

Already with 1.4B inhabitants, India is considering a Two-child Policy and is having to construct millions of new housing units,  supposedly high rise/multi level. India may bar any family from government jobs or social services who exceed the Two-child Policy.

India has joined the Space Race to the moon and possibly beyond. :o

#5 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:16 PM

Recent conversations around the FWF has centered around "Space Tourism", Covid-19 Anti-vaxers, and Chain Eatery.

Here is Stephen Colbert's take and its checks each one of these boxes.  No wonder his show is the top rated late night show.

11:00 mins. of slap downs!

Youtube

#6 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:06 AM

Interesting article and report about how illegal foreign money laundering is ruining the real estate market and affordability of living in B.C. Canada. I was in Vancouver and stopped by one of the malls and you wouldnt believe some of the cars parked there. Even saw a Brabus G-Class worth around $600-$800K. Also drove through Stanley Park and got a little nervous when I saw what looked like a street gang gathering but upon closer look I realized the least expensive car was my rental amongst their highly modified sports cars each $100K minimum. Average age of driver appeared to be about 23 years old.

Article:
https://www.cbc.ca/n...state-1.5128769

Report: Dirty Money Part 2
https://news.gov.bc....port_Part_2.pdf

Comments on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.c...g_into_canadas/

Quote: Theyre wiping out the middle class with all this. Unless youre married with 2 incomes, good luck owning a home in Ontario.

Quote: Our government needs to focus on this for a half a second then return to its virtue-signalling-but-do-nothing-significant ways. Home owners may have higher net worth but are trapped and renters are just plain screwed without inheritance. Lower home costs will benefit everyone except the highly leveraged.

Quote: There are people who don't want this issue to be addressed because they are benefiting from overinflated real estate prices and the housing crisis.

Quote: Canada has become the money laundering capital of the planet. And its all going into real estate.

Everyone knows. But nobody does anything to try and stop it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users