#1 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 06 August 2022 - 08:43 AM

On Aug. 11, the City of Fort Worth will hold two public engagement meetings to discuss a new zoning district called “HP” Central Business District Peripheral, which will be located adjacent to the “H” Central Business District zoning area.

Engagement opportunities are scheduled for 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., both at the Central Library Chappell Meeting Room, 500 W. Third St.  Below is the link to the City's Webpage on the creation of this new zoning district:

https://www.fortwort...zoning-district

#2 Nitixope

Nitixope

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts
  • Interests:Biking, Photography, Music, Bass Guitar, Architecture, Construction

Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:17 AM

From the link:

The objective of this new district is multifold and will:

Encourage higher intensity residential and commercial uses in the downtown mixed-use growth center.

Assist in working toward rapidly increasing the density of residential development in downtown Fort Worth and surrounding urban districts.

Complement the H Central Business District and the Downtown Urban Design Districts.

#3 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:23 AM

Is it more or less restrictive than the current situation?

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:35 AM

The following is from the City of Fort Worth's Website.  I will let you decide if it is more or less restrictive.

Similar to “H” Central Business District, the new district will not have a density cap or parking requirements. It will have the same mix of uses allowed. A few differences to the new district include compatible industrial uses (such as a brewery or distillery) will be allowed; a maximum height restriction of 10 stories; and single-family residences will be allowed.

#5 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:18 PM

The lack of a density cap or parking requirements is always a good thing.  The height restriction isn't all that great, but these areas probably aren't at a point where the finances would justify going any taller (and let's be honest, the city is pretty liberal with granting variances when they like a project).  Would it kill the city to put a map that's actually readable with this notice?

#6 steave

steave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 01:16 PM

The following is from the City of Fort Worth's Website.  I will let you decide if it is more or less restrictive.

Similar to “H” Central Business District, the new district will not have a density cap or parking requirements. It will have the same mix of uses allowed. A few differences to the new district include compatible industrial uses (such as a brewery or distillery) will be allowed; a maximum height restriction of 10 stories; and single-family residences will be allowed.

I see, so everything inside the black line but outside the 'H' central business district zoning will have this classification. I'm glad they are letting those areas grow. I wonder if this is what it takes to get some more exciting development around Forest Park/I-30.

#7 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 11:48 PM

. . . woah, woah, woah... WHAT?!?!?

Am I reading that correctly? 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#8 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 07:57 AM

Yes, you are.  This new zoning category will allow single family homes.

#9 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 09:31 AM

I wonder if the city is considering an allowance for form-based code development in certain areas; brownstones / town homes with 12 foot sidewalks, zero setback, 4 floors minimum, etc? Ranch style residences with 1/3 acre lots not a great idea in that area...

#10 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 10:13 PM

I wonder if the city is considering an allowance for form-based code development in certain areas; brownstones / town homes with 12 foot sidewalks, zero setback, 4 floors minimum, etc? 

God, I hope that's the case... 

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#11 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:58 AM

I wonder what areas they have in mind for this?

#12 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:26 AM

The quality of this map is terrible, but I believe it's anything inside the outer border but outside of the striped area.

https://www.fortwort...ullwidth&w=1140

I would like to think that land in this area is far too valuable for single family residential to make any financial sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users