• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:44 AM

The other day I and a friend of mine went in her car from Saginaw to Westlake, taking the hopefully speedy route up I-35 to 170, east on 170 to 114 and then further east to Westlake.  It's been a few years since I've been in this area, and I trusted it would be a speedy trek.  No.  The highway construction is still ongoing, and that meant the usual traffic congestion headache.  I'm guessing 170 will finally be completed no sooner than 2035!  Far north I-35W is not much better.

Incidentally, we got a chance to see how much commercial and industrial development is occurring in the Alliance area along 170.  Very impressive.  If it keeps growing it will rival Plano.

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 02:16 PM

The Charles Schwab and Fidelity complexes are nice, but everything else along 170 is generic tilt wall industrial development.  The area has a long way to go to get to Plano.  There's a few nice hotels and some office developments starting at Solana and going east into Southlake.  One thing the area around the tollway in Legacy and in Frisco has is some decent multi-family residential and that is a lot less likely to happen along 114 and 170, especially on the Southlake end.

The construction on 35 north of Western Center has been going on just as long and is flat out unbearable.  I had to make a trip from work to Northlake back in November and I left at 3:30 thinking I would have more than enough time to get there by 5:00.  I was pushing it for sure.

#3 gdvanc

gdvanc

Elite Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 08:16 PM

... speedy route up I-35 ...

Someday, Lord. Someday.

The Charles Schwab and Fidelity complexes are nice, but everything else along 170 is generic tilt wall industrial development.  The area has a long way to go to get to Plano.  There's a few nice hotels and some office developments starting at Solana and going east into Southlake.  One thing the area around the tollway in Legacy and in Frisco has is some decent multi-family residential and that is a lot less likely to happen along 114 and 170, especially on the Southlake end.

The construction on 35 north of Western Center has been going on just as long and is flat out unbearable.  I had to make a trip from work to Northlake back in November and I left at 3:30 thinking I would have more than enough time to get there by 5:00.  I was pushing it for sure.

I loved working at Fidelity's Westlake campus the last few years of my long time there. The building and grounds are very nice. And Sabre's headquarters wasn't bad. I liked Solana before the current owner painted it all shades of beige and tan. But there is definitely a lot of everyday ugly on that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users