476 replies to this topic

#51 Dylan

Dylan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

Trinity Metro is cutting service due to the Coronavirus.

Starting Monday the 23rd and lasting for at least two weeks, all bus routes will run on a Sunday schedule, the TRE will run on a Saturday schedule (hourly), and TEXRail will run hourly.

During this time, TEXRail and all bus routes will be free. However, the TRE will still charge fare.

https://ridetrinitym...ovid-19-crisis/

-Dylan

#52 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,695 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

I had a nice fairly short bike ride today, just under 10 miles. There are a ton of folks out enjoying the weather.

#53 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

Netflix is not free, right?

I should think that streaming and gaming can quickly add up on your monthly subscription bill and that outdoor activity, free as it is, should make sense if you worried about your wages in the coming weeks and months.

#54 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:41 AM

I too got outside yesterday; a 3.8 mile walk down the hill along the Trinity.  I just couldn't waste the sunshine after so many days of grey and rain.

There were a lot of people outside.  I found myself speeding up and slowing down and shifting sides trying to maintain some distance (as were most people) all the while considering if I was walking though a "virus cloud" that might have lingered in the air (although there was a pretty steady breeze) that might well cause me to choose a less-busy area next time.

In general I've seen so many more people out walking / jogging / riding / pushing strollers in the neighborhood this last week.  It makes me consider a silver lining of this very difficult time that maybe people will be more active and eat healthier home-cooked meals, making them stronger should they become infected.

#55 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:42 AM

Fortunately, there is a government that seems to be getting things organized and providing very good information:United Kingdom.

Because the U.K. has socialized medicine (Medicare for All), they also appear to have a sufficient amount of ventilators on hand  Somehow, the U.K. did not rely upon a profit healthcare industry to have the required equipment and supplies that would have been needed in a pandemic:  U.S. Healthcare Industry is driven by stock value and not care values!

Watching BBC Live, London and other cities had beautiful weather and huge crowds were out in their parks, but there were a lot of people who were not observing the recommended social distancing of 6ft apart.  I think the UK will be closing their parks.  The UK is sending letters to the 1.5 million citizens who are highly vulnerable to the virus a "12 week stay indoors" directive.  The U.K. is establishing neighborhood groups who will deliver boxes of food and medicines to those who are confined to their homes. The U.K. is using its military to assist in the logistics of serving delivering these boxes to the groups.  

It is not safe to gather outdoors if you do not maintain 6ft distances; and because the White House is not serious about distancing, some of its most loyal followers are not do so either.  The U.K. stipulates that if you go out for an hour of fresh air and you are fairly healthy and maintain proper spacing, it is ok; however, if you congregate, then you are dangerous.

I would suggest doing some home gardening yourself or walking the a street or two within your neighborhood. Stay away from crowded parks and spaces.

It looks like we are in it for the entirety of April and May; and may be able to come out of it in early June.

#56 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:27 PM

A little off topic but related.  Saturday and Sunday nights CBS Evening News is being broadcast from Fort Worth.  I assume this is to give the folks in Washington and New York a break.  Rename will appreciate that when Doug Dunbar finished the broadcast last night he wished everyone a good night from Fort Worth Dallas.

#57 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

A little off topic but related.  Saturday and Sunday nights CBS Evening News is being broadcast from Fort Worth.  I assume this is to give the folks in Washington and New York a break.  Rename will appreciate that when Doug Dunbar finished the broadcast last night he wished everyone a good night from Fort Worth Dallas.

I typically do not watch CBS11 News, but like all of our local news it is always the same: Projection of Dallas above Fort Worth.  And factually, the broadcast is from the studios just east of Downtown Fort Worth, right?

Will Fort Worth officials be given a microphone?  Will residents of Fort Worth be sought out?

I refuse to get my hopes up, in fact it is quite likely that if mentioned at all Fort Worth will be projected as a "shadow". So, to avoid being disappointed, I will just not pay any attention to it.  Y'all can let me know if Fort Worth was projected or not.

CBS’ Owned Stations Pitch In With National Newscasts - Broadcasting & Cable

#58 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

I'm sure you have seen that Dallas County is going to effectively shelter-in-place at midnight Monday (3/23).

With the intertwined employment, it seems impossible that Tarrant does not do something similar.

#59 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:00 PM

We've been practicing "shelter-in-place" for 7-days already. 

#60 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:40 AM

I have to say that I’m embarrassed about the actions of Tarrant County leadership.

If ever there was a time for regionalism, this is it.

Dallas County’s Clay Jenkins is acting in very serious ways protecting the function of their hospitals, working through pretty well defined shelter-in-place rules.

I completely do not understand why Dallas & Tarrant county were not meeting together and doing a joint press conference.

Instead, based on the twitter feed of a Star Telegram reporter, Tarrant County had their own emergency meeting and was rehashing things; reinventing the wheel in some fit of hubris.

And this after our Mayor was trying to push the state for just that kind of shelter in place:

A list of North Texas health professionals and mayors including Johnson, Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price and Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams wrote a joint letter to Gov. Abbott Sunday calling for a state-wide shelter-in-place order.

"We respectfully request that you consider issuing mandatory shelter-in-place orders for the State of Texas, or at minimum, that you very strongly recommend 'Safer at Home' directives fashioned in a similar nature to those implemented in New York and California," the letter reads in part.

While I can understand why the entire state with rural counties may not make sense for such sheltering (although it would probably be a good thing), it seems every region with a population above some amount should be doing this.

#61 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

Not sure anyone here has posted this:  Tarrant County Commissioners local disaster orders, amended this weekend.  All non-essential businesses are closed down or ordered to comply with social distancing mandates.

http://www.tarrantco...d_Amendment.pdf

#62 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:23 AM

For sure, the language of the Tarrant order has a great deal of loopholes.

The only businesses actually shut down are Bars, lounges, taverns, Commercial amusement establishments, Bingo halls, Theaters, Gyms, Private Clubs, Hair and nail salons and barber shops Estheticians and related personal care businesses Spas and massage parlors, Tattoo and piercing parlors and tanning salons Residential meeting spaces, Event centers, Hotel meeting spaces and ballrooms Outdoor plazas and markets, Malls, Retail stores that do not sell essential household goods.

So rather than there being a permitted list of businesses, like say, critical infrastructure, it is opens up all "Office Buildings" as long as people are 6 feet apart.

#63 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:08 PM

Mayor Price will make an announcement at 9 a.m. tomorrow. https://twitter.com/...220212784705537

ET1AsYdX0AIYqVv.jpg

#64 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,695 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:10 PM

Better get any big activities in quickly.

#65 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

I sure am glad that the mayor took the time to have her staff work up some snazzy graphics and a folksy slogan for the stay put order just to drive home that the only difference between us and them dirty leftists in Dallas isn't 24-48 hours.

There's a long list of public officials that need to be launched into the sun for morale boosting entertainment when this crisis is over.

#66 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:49 AM

Most, if not all, the civil and criminal courts in Tarrant County are shut down in so far as "non-essential" hearings.  I had a hearing in the county probate court, not "essential," that was scheduled for March 31.  It was cancelled.  I emailed the court to get the hearing re-scheduled.  The court coordinator's email reply:  "Everything is still very much up in the air… please give the Court time to figure this out."

What this court and the others are trying to do, at least during the indefinite period of this pandemic, is to have video conferencing for the non-essential hearings.  The logistics of setting up for this are not easy, which is one reason it's "up in the air."

#67 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

Fort Worth's "shut down" order is included in this NBC 5 video.  Goes into effect after midnight.

https://www.nbcdfw.c...uesday/2337225/

#68 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,695 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:50 PM

Started work on a puzzle today. 1,000 pieces. 

#69 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:25 PM

I kinda feel like just living life is enough of a puzzle -- but good luck!

Take some time lapse pics.

#70 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,417 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:44 PM

Austin, that sounds like fun!

#71 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,695 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:32 PM

Hey Doohickie, you know what all the police commotion was about in South Hills tonight? Right about midnight.

#72 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:47 PM

Last evening around 7PM I walked out by Hulen and there were times when there were no cars to be seen, and there is a view up around a curve.

It was a very strange thing.

#73 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:27 PM

FYI: National Institutes of Health, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, UCLA and Princeton University-

Covid-19 is most similar to the SARS virus.  Covid-19 is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, including:

the air for up to 3 hours  (social distancing!!!!!!!)

cardboard up to 24 hours

plastics up to 2 -3 days

stainless steel up to 2-3 days.

I have began immediately to isolate packages from Amazon, etc for at least 24 hours before opening and once opened cleaning the contents as handled.

Hope that this is helpful advice.

#74 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

Good discussion topic. Here are further details from the CDC,
https://www.cdc.gov/...ansmission.html

Spread from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

And here is an article with more instructions, How to Handle Packages During the Coronavirus Pandemic

#75 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:59 PM

1. I'm taking a completely optimistic position based purely upon my own speculation.... I believe by April 12th, which is Easter Sunday, that perhaps we will be over self quarantining ourselves and knowing the level of the virus in North Texas....There is a silver lining from the universal closing of everything in that by doing so, we as country, are being forced to focus on a problem which otherwise we have the propensity to simply dismiss and to think of it as not having anything to do with us personally......Hopefully, we will come out of this better educated.

2. If there was fore thought and planning, the mess at the airports wouldn't have happened in the first place.  I'm not sure there was enough time under the circumstances to get bases ready for that.  Military bases don't have people sitting around waiting on something to do.  Everyone typically has a job that wouldn't go away due to some diverted flights......

1. I was too optimistically ignorant.  But then again, unlike the President who knows but ignores science, I did not have the knowledge that is at his beckon call.

2.  Ten days later, the Army Corp of Engineers is activating itself and its skills without the explicit order of the President and the Corp is converting large spaces (convention centers, arenas, etc.) into medical field facilities.  Finally, two months too late for thousands of people who are likely to die.

FYI: Yet to be officially documented, it does seem from death certificates, men are at a greater risk to die from complications attributed to the virus than women are.

#76 cjyoung

cjyoung

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

I sure am glad that the mayor took the time to have her staff work up some snazzy graphics and a folksy slogan for the stay put order just to drive home that the only difference between us and them dirty leftists in Dallas isn't 24-48 hours.

There's a long list of public officials that need to be launched into the sun for morale boosting entertainment when this crisis is over.

What an embrarassment!

How did Dallas County get significantly more testing resources before every county in Texas?

We will continue to be under tested for the foreseeable future. 

We have to protect ourselves.

#77 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

This seems to be the reality. If you reside in a Blue County, it seems that the local officials in those counties have been taking the pandemic earlier and more seriously than local officials in the Red Counties of Texas which are vastly more numerous than are Blue Counties. Dallas County is governed by a deep blue county commissioner.

Texas, the second most popular state, and Florida, the third most popular state have been among the slowest of the fifty states to respond in a comprehensive way to the pandemic.  If you live in a Red State, your officials have generally asked their elderly residents to "Take one for the Gipper (economy)".  Other words "Death Panels" ala Lt. Governor Dan Patrick.

FYI, 1,000,000-plus  voters in Texas voted in the Republican Primary (March 2020) for Trump!

#78 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

In general I've seen so many more people out walking / jogging / riding / pushing strollers in the neighborhood this last week.  It makes me consider a silver lining of this very difficult time that maybe people will be more active and eat healthier home-cooked meals, making them stronger should they become infected.

So many people have been using the trails in Dallas that they might have to close them down. https://www.dallasne...stancing-rules/

#79 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,417 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

From what I heard on the 10 PM news, Dallas is going to limit the access to the trails.  They also have people on the trails now warning the people to stay away from each other.  If that doesn't work, then they will close them. 

#80 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:38 AM

Rode my bike on a warm sunny day last Thursday on the Trails in Fort Worth between downtown and southwest.  I saw more riders, walkers, and runners than usual.  Trinity Park was fairly lively.  The tables and chairs set up outside Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop at Clearfork were occupied and kids were playing here and there.  If we're supposed to be sheltering-in-place I guess the place is outdoors.

#81 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,417 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

The City of Fort Worth has closed all basketball and volleyball courts in the city parks.  In order to keep pick-up games from forming, the City has removed the nets and hoops from the goals.

#82 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:45 PM

.....FYI, 1,000,000-plus  voters in Texas voted in the Republican Primary (March 2020) for Trump!

China media is reporting that, and it has not been confirmed, China recently offered Trump its expertise and some of its medical staff who treated the outbreak in China. The offer was declined.  What is most important is that the medical staff in China, having already been exposed to the virus and presumably have developed immunity to the virus (like when you have had the measles you have a very slight risk of having measles again) are prepared to come to the U.S. to assist and to lead in the coming wave of Covid-19 as it spreads across the U.S.

The Chinese medical workers are already being accepted by several European countries!

#83 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

In this NY Times update on coronovirus case stats global-wide doubt is cast on the number of deaths in China from the virus.  But the article doesn't elaborate.

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartanntp

Locally, I saw a number of homeless people out and about downtown while walking around this afternoon.  About five or six homeless people were bundled-up sleeping at the May Owen Center along Houston Street.  I saw a police officer get out of his car and check them out.  I walked over to the Water Gardens, which is closed and has no running water.

#84 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:30 PM

I went out twice for yard work supplies over the weekend.  Saturday to Harbor Freight, which was overrun and crowded with people not doing much to respect social distancing.  I was in and out in less than 5 minute.  I ran into Home Depot on Sunday and it was the exact opposite.  Far less than the 100 people they advertising that they were allowing inside and everyone was keeping to themselves.

I'm amazed at the number of people that don't grasp the concept of flattening the curve.  So many people think it's about reducing victims when it's really about reducing the chances of overwhelming the health care system.

#85 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

.......I'm amazed at the number of people that don't grasp the concept of flattening the curve.  So many people think it's about reducing victims when it's really about reducing the chances of overwhelming the health care system.

I agree; its the "Health Care System, Stupid!"

I being following the strategies that other nations and cities are undertaking. One that sounds good is temporary medical villages are being built where people with routine medical and emergency needs can be seen by medical students who are near being certified and by retired physicians and nurses who either volunteer or come back to work.

The Emergency Rooms will be needed for those who have progress to the stage of acute respiratory case.

if you break a leg, you will be directed to go to the satellite facility, etc.  Also, there are Emergency Centers operated by the private sector that can see you too.

The best prevention is to "social distance", wash hands frequently, and reduce the number of trips taken from home to the places where the public gathers.

#86 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

I'm not a social media person, but a friend of mine sent me a post from somewhere that a Trinity Metro bus driver who worked 3 routes tested positive.

I'm sure someone else can find more information.

These are the things that are scary to me, what happens when these essential people get sick -- it knocks the legs out from under being able to sustain for a long time.  Maybe you don't have to ride the bus, but what about the people who are working essential places?

What happens when it is a grocery worker?

Edit, found a link:

https://www.star-tel...e241658976.html

#87 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

So my assumption is that Covid-19 has virtually engulf a greater number of the population than not.  It is thought that 80% of the population will not notice anything; some will be sick for a short period; some will be seriously ill; and some likely will not survive. 

If the bus driver tested positive, he or she should self quarantine for 14 days.  When riding public transit or any shared transportation, wear gloves; I would avoid touching any surfaces or at least touch the same same and not a different surface.  It  looks like their is a potential for the virus to be transmitted by inhaling the exhaled breathe of another person; and that the air within a small enclosed space can be contaminated.  This is freaking alarming.

The good news is that some industries are re-purposing their facility to manufacturer wearable personal masks, etc.

#88 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

We're still here and still doing alright in PDX. After spending the entire week inside we went out for a brisk, humanity-avoiding neighborhood walk on Sunday, which was nice. There were other folks out and about getting exercise in, but all maintaining the appropriate distance.

Otherwise we're just working from home and continuing to crank away on finishing our new album. At least this has given us plenty of free time.

Happily, indications are showing up that Oregon's statewide stay-at-home order is making a noticeable, positive difference:

49724090546_7699c613f7_o.png

--

Kara B.

#89 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:13 AM

As an attorney I've represented many in divorces over many years.  But I'm single, at the moment.  I'm wondering how the "stay-at-home" order is affecting marital relationships.  I guess it can work both ways--either it's too close for comfort for couples who were already on the verge of separating, or its a means of strengthening a marital bond that could erode over time when couples have separate work (and sometimes social) environments.

#90 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:02 AM

There's been moments of tension from being around each other so much, but it helps that I'm going into the office 3 days a week.  It helps further that work is just flat out depressing - no business, no activity, it's a ghost town with other people working from home.  Being largely cooped up at home definitely pushes my buttons, but I've been staying busy with yard work (when it's not pouring down rain), continuing to unpack from our move 5 months ago, and hitting the trails close by for bike rides and walks.  

#91 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

Some have criticized those of us who go bike riding along the Trails, others who walk or run, and others who flock to the parks.  I know it's easy to criticize on account of the violation of the "social distance" rule.  But I fear that some may become overly depressed and even suicidal if they can't get outdoors for exercise and, at least, some socializing at a reasonable distance.

#92 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:04 AM

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm not advocating mass gatherings in the park.  If they keep a social distance, I believe some outdoor activity by singles or couples or very small families either biking, running, or sitting on a park bench alone is needed to keep mentally and emotionally healthy during the stay-at-home times.

#93 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:49 AM

I think what raised so many hackles over the weekend were the videos of basketball games being played in parks in Fort Worth and Dallas where there was no social distancing.  Those were being shown along with videos of walking/biking trails looking equally crowded.  My experiences on the trails near my house have been pretty positive.  And I totally get the need to get out and stretch your legs.  I have a 9 year old that has trouble focusing at home.  If we don't let her put down the devices and get out and burn off some energy, we're gonna all end up not liking each other when this all comes to an end.

#94 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:17 PM

Hang in there Fort Worth.  Support your local restaurants.  I'm trying to here in Austin.  Doesn't this all SUCK?  It will get better.  Lots of good people in Texas.

https://vimeo.com/400617711

#95 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:56 PM

Trying as often as possible to make Friday, Saturday and Sunday "Takeout Days" in support of our local restaurants.

#96 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

Wow!  This one got me...

https://www.youtube....h?v=_q0q_Kc09-I

#97 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

Hey Doohickie, you know what all the police commotion was about in South Hills tonight? Right about midnight.

I just now saw this.  I'm not sure, but if it was at Gambrell and McCart I seem to remember a wrong-way wreck there a few weeks ago.

Rode my bike on a warm sunny day last Thursday on the Trails in Fort Worth between downtown and southwest.  I saw more riders, walkers, and runners than usual.  Trinity Park was fairly lively.  The tables and chairs set up outside Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop at Clearfork were occupied and kids were playing here and there.  If we're supposed to be sheltering-in-place I guess the place is outdoors.

At this point I think I am writing off the trails between Clearfork and Trinity Park.  Too many people, including too many people that not only don't know the rules but have a chip on their shoulder.  I rode today including riding McCart/West Cleburne/8th Ave. from Rosemont to Fairmount and encountered a small fraction of the number of people I encountered on that popular section of the Trinity Trails.  And because there is such a wide variety of trail users in terms of mode and experience levels, it's not really worth the risk right now.

My blog: Doohickie

#98 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:08 PM

......  Too many people, including too many people that not only don't know the rules but have a chip on their shoulder....it's not really worth the risk right now.

Places like New York, California, Washington and even Louisiana seem like far away places to some of these people and so they neither care or consider it a treat.  If and when it hits home here, there will be a lot of the "deer steering in the light" surprises for not only themselves but for all of us.

There is tragic circumstances where grocery store employees are falling ill from customers who are disregarding taking the simple precaution of covering their mouths and wearing gloves.  I  support grocery stores refusing admittance to anyone who does not have the minimal amounts of precautionary gear before allowing them to shop in their stores. 

We do not have a right to go onto private property with absolute disregard and to endanger employees or other people buying food and medicine.

#99 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:07 AM

It's starting to look like the PGA has a tentative plan to start up play without spectators in mid June.  The first tournament will be the Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial.

#100 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:23 PM

Huh!  A televised gold tournament but without live spectators.  Next up, televised baseball games played in empty stadiums.  What a world we're living in today! :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users