Over or under the tracks?

#152 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 10:13 AM

4th/1st street goes over the tracks.  I assume the new bike trail will use the bridge deck in some fashion.

My blog: Doohickie

#153 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,688 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 11:12 AM

Theres some great details on this project here.
https://youtu.be/bYGjeVoH3Co

#154 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 11:34 AM

Ah ok, this bridge, that makes more sense.  I was thinking further toward downtown where 4th passes under the tracks but that already has a pretty well-defined bike lane.  Let me know if you happen find a good map showing this proposed 10' shared-use path.  I didn't see it on https://nctcoggis.ma...45e505842f54fe2 or the Gateway Park CC page.

However, on the TDLR listing above, it says zip code for the project is 76117 and this is a really odd zip code border you can see here shaded / red outline 76117 is actually more east of Beach St.

LBrI7R7.png

Perhaps as you mentioned, it will be a continuation from the new trail east of Gateway Park entrance west along 1st to Beach and beyond?  Maybe someone on the Forum has better info?

cx76yRD.png

#155 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 04:24 PM

It will connect those points but will venture south into Gateway Park.  It's already under construction and perhaps largely finished by now.  If I recall correctly, it will come west over the bridge, turn left to swing south (as shown in the photo you posted) into the par, go around the southern edge of the soccer fields at the bottom of the picture and then more or less follow the "cut" visible between Gateway Park Road and Disposal Road before coming back to 1st Street.  Not quite a straight shot but not too far out of the way.

#156 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 04:36 PM

Here is a link to a Facebook thread about the work in Gateway with pictures.  You need to have a Facebook account and join the group Bike Fort Worth to see it.  I will link the pictures here but FB changes their pic links regularly so they will probably disappear at some point.  The post is from October 15, 2021, so for all I know the trail is complete and open; I haven't been out that way in a while.

Construction on the Trinity Trail in Gateway Park will stop at the "Disposal Road" you see on the map. When construction resumes, the trail will parallel 1st Street going west.

246128456_4324611910967429_8415688304604

246136935_4324611810967439_3139081492493

245966677_4324611857634101_6974731523172

#157 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 13 February 2022 - 02:53 PM

Walked by a little earlier.  Concrete is poured, forms removed.  But the fence is still up (although it looks like a dog checked it out) -- I'm sure they want to do more cleanup and dirt work and put in the gravel trail.

Something interesting is if you look at the Google imagery, there was a part of what this picture is of that was relatively new.  I'm glad that they didn't let that hold them back from executing their new design.

1mv60n.jpg

#158 roverone

roverone

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Interests:Modern Architecture, City Issues

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:20 PM

It seems like, in a way I don't understand, the bridge over I30 that could possibly have been used for the extension of the trail is on fire:

https://www.wfaa.com...b2-65e498143b26

#159 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:30 PM

It seems like, in a way I don't understand, the bridge over I30 that could possibly have been used for the extension of the trail is on fire:

Wow, that's totally random for a mild weather March Thursday.  I'm wondering if there could be some utilities along there perhaps or an act of vandalism?

Here's a wire hanging down in that same area:

https://goo.gl/maps/ByXN24u587Y8Myzw6

K6ywGkf.png

Sort of looks like lumber up there maybe there was a control box or warning light mounted there at one time?  I digitally enhanced the photo a bit to see if it made any sense to anyone?

2evuzUP.png

#160 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:40 PM

It was someone's home they made on the bridge!  I wonder how many windshields they busted up pushing that gravel around?

August 2018

eIGgzVf.png

8aQq3FT.png

5BOe9XN.png

#161 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 06:10 PM

It looks like a dog leash or a piece of plastic pallet strapping.

#162 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 09:06 PM

There's debris on that bridge.  I doubt it suffered much damage.

https://goo.gl/maps/p5DuAJAc5WR3hX8J8

That said, It's hard to imagine how they would use it.  The trail would have to cross the near-freeway-speed access roads on either side.

#163 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:39 PM

I'm not sure if this is more about Clearfork or more about the trail, but I went for a walk a little earlier and here is the state of the trail being rebuilt right at the fence at the top of the low water crossing on the Clearfork side:

E7PBp3.jpg

Photo from 3/27/22 evening.  Very much a meandering layout.  Not sure how I feel about that...sort of annoying.  I think they want to keep the main paved trail away from the river's edge but this just seems sort of silly considering how many bikes travel through here.

pcqVQvv.jpg

#164 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 06:40 AM

A couple of thoughts about the meandering:

1. Traffic calming (probably won't work)
  2. Trying to take advantage of the shade

I'm a little surprised this isn't done yet.  They were down to one small section yet to be paved and it still isn't paved a month later.  What gives?  Do they still need to move some heavy equipment across and don't want to damage the new concrete?  Do they have some kind of incentive that the landscaping has to be done within X weeks of trail completion (and their landscaping contractor is booked up)?  Inquiring minds want to know.

#165 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:51 AM

I'm going to hit the Trails on my bicycle at that location this Friday early in the morning.  Is there still the detour to Edwards Ranch Road? 

Actually, I kind of like that detour.  I've ridden mostly on the sidewalks from the point of detour near the Texas Resources medical center up Edward Ranch Road north to the bridge where you can re-connect with the Trails.  But I still like the straight run on the Trails.

#166 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:22 AM

I'm going to hit the Trails on my bicycle at that location this Friday early in the morning.  Is there still the detour to Edwards Ranch Road? 

Actually, I kind of like that detour.  I've ridden mostly on the sidewalks from the point of detour near the Texas Resources medical center up Edward Ranch Road north to the bridge where you can re-connect with the Trails.  But I still like the straight run on the Trails.

Yes, there is still a detour there, johnfwd.  As Doohickie mentioned there is a small unconnected piece of concrete section on the south end of the construction zone that seems to be holding everything up.  It appears that the landscaping has not been finished either.  I was wondering if they may be going back in to work on the erosion along that curved section to prevent future deterioration by the river.  I know that's been a big problem at River Legacy too.

#167 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:57 PM

Progress:

The portion of the trail extending southwest from the Clearfork Trailhead to the CTP is open!

Also, the section of the trail in Gateway Park to connect from west of the main Gateway entrance to the 1st Street bridge is complete, and construction of the off-street path from Beach Street to that point is well underway.

#168 Stadtplan

Stadtplan

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 06:26 AM

Progress:

The portion of the trail extending southwest from the Clearfork Trailhead to the CTP is open!

Doohickie, I must have passed you last night?  I was there around 6pm.  Were you riding alone? 

Here's a few shots of the new trail:

HqTIgiq.jpg

mAvb25J.jpg

1Pe4F2m.jpg

5eMk1XA.jpg

2dpo8xT.jpg

cgwQKco.jpg

1Ljn5IB.jpg

grJV4vq.jpg

kwFntW9.jpg

3FNJ2QA.jpg

3JIdyEq.jpg

#169 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:19 PM

Doohickie, I must have passed you last night?  I was there around 6pm.  Were you riding alone?

I was home by 5 pm. I rode the new Gateway Park trail section but didn't ride near the Clearfork Trailhead. I knew it was open because I rode there the previous weekend.

#170 johnfwd

johnfwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Interests:Running, bicycling, bowling, nightclub life, science, technology.

Posted 10 May 2022 - 08:57 AM

Now almost all the west-side Trails from the Southwest Boulevard bridge to downtown are sufficiently wide to accommodate both bicyclists and pedestrians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users