Architecture in Fort Worth

Y.M.C.A.

512 Lamar - 1924-25 and various additions in 1968, 1981, & 1985

 

This is another downtown building designed by Wiley G. Clarkson and built by Harry Friedman. This is a classical building with a limestone and marble base and a red brick mid section. The top features a heavy cornice. The additions from the 1980's were designed by Hahnfeld Associates of Fort Worth. The 1985 addition added significantly to the facility with a new swimming pool, basketball court, and racquetball courts.