Architecture in Fort Worth

Winfield Place

SW Corner of Calhoun & 8th - 1919; office conversion 1981

Formerly Winfield Garage

 

This building was originally designed as a parking garage for the new Winfield Hotel.  By the time the hotel opened, the name was changed to the Texas Hotel.  However, the garage kept the name of Winfield.  It was designed by Sanguinet & Staats.  In 1981, the building was converted into an office building by the Fort Worth architectural firm of Jackson & Ayers.  Embargo is a bar/restaurant that occupies the ground floor.