Loading

Zeloski Commercial Row

3901-23 Camp Bowie Blvd. - c.1924; 1930

  • Zeloski Commercial Row c. 1924 Portion - Photograph by Rene Gomez
    Zeloski Commercial Row c. 1924 Portion - Photograph by Rene Gomez
  • Zeloski Commercial Row Western Portion - Photograph by Rene Gomez
    Zeloski Commercial Row Western Portion - Photograph by Rene Gomez

This commercial row of buildings was developed by Frank Zeloski. He also developed the adjacent Zeloski Heights Addition to the City of Fort Worth. Construction began on these buildings in 1924 and they were open by 1925. The easternmost portion features a gabled brick parapet on the east and west sides with a Spanish Tile roof facing Camp Bowie. A small tile parapet continues down the Zeloski Street facade beyond the brick gabled parapet. The center section of the row features a stepped parapet. The westernmost portion of the strip was constructed by Zeloski's widow in 1930, and matches the eastern end of the row.

 

Architectural Style:
Mediterranean

Architect:
Wiley G. Clarkson, Fort Worth

Contractor of c.1924 Portion:
W.C. Harms

Contractor of 1930 Addition:
Harry B. Friedman, Fort Worth

Category:
Commercial