The site for the building was purchased by the City of Fort Worth shortly after Arlington Heights was annexed in 1922. The building is used as a booster station for what was the West Side water system. The general contractor for the building was West and Womack. The building is clad in buff brick and features a parapeted gable on each end. On the Camp Bowie facade, there are three arched openings with two rectangular windows and a double door below. The front of the building housed the pump room, and living quarters for the resident engineer was located at the rear. The station was updated and automated in 1948-49 by Freese & Nichols. Other alterations were made in 1954.
Photograph provided by Rene Gomez.