The first tenant recorded in this commercial building was the Helpy-Selfy Store No. 12. Their first year of operation at this location was 1928. The one story building features brick facades on the three exposed sides that are oriented to the regular street grid of Arlington Heights. The front facade constructed of brick and large storefront windows is on the angle marked by Camp Bowie Blvd. Like many commercial buildings on the street, this one features a red clay tile sloped roof in the front of the building with partially gabeled parapets on the sides. Over the years, the brick was painted and remains so today.
Thurber Construction, Thurber