This building was constructed as the state headquarters for the Texas State Teachers Association. It was designed by Wiley G. Clarkson and built by R.F. Ball. In 1949, the TSTA moved to Austin and the building was sold to the Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association. They occupied the building until 1980. The building's design is in the Second Renaissance Revival style and features a facade of Indiana Limestone and green terra cotta roofing tiles.