Architecture in Fort Worth

 

St. Patrick Cathedral

1206 Throckmorton St. - 1888-92 (NR, RTHL)

 

This is the oldest continuously used church building in Fort Worth. It was designed by Fort Worth Architect James J. Kane out of native limestone. This Gothic Revival church has twin towers which were designed to be the base of spires that were never built. Restoration of the building has been ongoing over the last few years.

Early 1900's Photo of Trolley in snowstorm on Jennings