For the first 60 year's of Texas Christian University's history, the University Christian Church met in college buildings. Construction began on a permanent home for the church across from the TCU campus in 1929. The original design called for a Gothic Revival style building, but the Depression hampered fund raising, and the plans were simplified. The result of the redesign was a Spanish Style church building that was constructed by B.B Adams. The architects for the project were A.F. Wickes and Wiley G. Clarkson. In 1951, the sanctuary was enlarged and an education wing was added by architect Preston M. Geren. The bell tower was also constructed at that time. In 1967, the sanctuary was enlarged and modified again by Geren to double the seating capacity and another education wing was added. With this work, the pink common brick was painted pale yellow to prevent the surface from deteriorating and to match the adjacent TCU campus. The church was expanded again in 2002 by Quorum Architects of Fort Worth.
Wiley G. Clarkson, Fort Worth
Preston M. Geren Associates, Fort Worth