This Mid-Century Modern school building was constructed in the rapidly growing South Hills neigbhorhood in 1954. Designed by Boese & Harkrider, the school opened with 14 classrooms. The original building is predominantly 2 stories in height with the original cafeteria and audtiorium being one story on the east side. The neighborhood grew so rapidly that another 2 story, 14 classroom addition was built along Bilglade Road in 1957. The original building and the first addition are clad in orange brick with a slight overhang of the roof. In 1978, a free standing activity building was constructed on the far west side of the site. A new library addition came along in 2003. In 2010, a classroom wing and a new cafeteria were built that connected the main building with the activity building. This essentially turned a linear building into an "L" shape.