Architecture in Fort Worth

M.E. Sadler Hall

2900 S. University Drive - 1960

 

Sadler Hall currently serves as the university's administration building and it houses offices of the Chancellor, Provost, and other adminstrators. It was named in honor of MacGruder Ellis Sadler, who was Chancellor from 1941 until 1965. This building replaced the former Clark Hall, which was the fourth building constructed on campus in 1912. Sadler was active in an agressive building program at the university. When he took over the office of Chancellor, there were eight buildings on campus. By the time he retired, there were twenty one. Sadler Hall was designed by Preston M. Geren. The building was designed to match the other campus buildings, but features Corinthian columns that support a central portico. The building is constructed out of yellow brick and features a red tile hipped roof.