2200 Hemphill St. - c.1908 (NR, RTHL)
This home is a good example of what Hemphill Street used to look like. It is probably the finest example of the historic homes and apartments that remain on the street itself. The yellow brick home is two and one-half stories tall and feature a hipped roof with projecting gables. The large eaves are supported with ornate brackets and the stone quoins and trim is painted a darker color than the brick. Porches are present on all sides of the house and a porte cochere is located on the south side of the home. A carriage house is located on the rear of the property. The home was constructed for William Reeves, a stockbroker, but was sold in 1917 to John L. Walker. The Walker family owned the home until 1967, when it was sold and then used as a funeral home. After the funeral home closed, a group of lawyers purchased the home and now use it as their law offices.