City of Fort Worth Historic & Cultural Landmark
This home is an example of many that are present throughout the Fairmount Neighborhood. Many of the similar structures along 8th Avenue have been demolished over the years. It was constructed around 1910 and was used as a restaurant before Pendery's relocated from Downtown. In 1870, DeWitt Clinton Pendery arrived in Fort Worth from Cincinnati, Ohio. He became interested in Texas spices and seasonings. He then started selling his own blends of the seasonings to cafes, hotels, and citizens. His business continues today in Fort Worth.