Architecture in Fort Worth

Live Oak Music Hall & Lounge

1311 Lipscomb St. - 1952; 2011 (NRHD, CFWHD)

Formerly:
Southside Lions Club Community Center

 

This Mid-Century Modern Building was originally constructed for the Southside Lions Club.  It served as their community center until about 2005.  After the community center was closed, the building sat vacant until 2011, when the Live Oak Music Hall & Lounge opened in the space.  The building is constructed with red brick with cast stone trim.  The west and south facades feature four windows surrounded by cast stone on all four sides.  Between the windows, there is yellow brick in a stack bond pattern.  The entry to the building is achieved by a cantilevered concrete canopy, creating a porch.  Above the canopy, is the name S0uthside Lions Club Community Center in a cast stone panel.  With the conversion of the building into a music hall, a rooftop deck was added.  The building is located in the Fairmount Historic District.

 

Live Oak Music Hall & Lounge Website