This school, influenced by the International Style, was designed by Joseph R. Pelich. It was constructed by B.B. Adams. The building is 2 stories and has a flat roof with overhangs. The building is primarily yellow brick with red brick below the first floor windows, on vertical bands near the entrances, and on the projecting one story entrance. When the school opened in 1955, it had 24 classrooms. It was expanded in 1990 and in 2003, the building received a new cafeteria, kitchen, and 10 classrooms. The school is located within the Fairmount-Southside Historic District.