E.M. Daggett Elementary School
958 Page St. - 1909; 1914; 1926; 1988 (CFW)
Daggett Elementary School consists of four structures, built at four different times. The school is named after a pioneer settler of the city and is the oldest continually operating school within the Fort Worth Independent School District. The two north buildings, were originally built as two separate structures in 1909 and 1914. They are nearly identical, each with a high basement and two floors above, rectangular in plan, flat roof, yellow brick walls, and small covered entrances. Muller & Pollard were the architects for the 1914 building, and very likely designed the 1909 building. They are almost identical in plan. The 1909 building sits to the west, facing what was once College Avenue. The 1914 building sits to the east and faces Alston Avenue. At some point in time, the two buildings were connected to each other at the mid floor levels, since each building has an open stair on the east and west sides.
The south building is two stories with a full basement. It opened in 1926 and was designed by Wiley G. Clarkson and built by K.M.. Muse. This building faces Page Street and features a gabled and hipped roof covered in red clay tile with yellow brick and cast stone trim. This south building is "H" shaped in plan.
In 1988, an addition was constructed that connected all of the buildings. It is two stories with no basement and has a red clay tile sloped roof that is similar to the 1926 building. The brick on the addition is yellow and matches the other buildings on the campus. The school's gymnasium, cafeteria, and library are located in the latest addition.