Architecture in Fort Worth

B.H. Carroll Memorial Building

2001 W. Seminary Dr. - 1949; 1955

 

This structure is the focal point of the Southwestern Baptist Theologcal Seminary campus, sitting on the highest point of Seminary Hill.  The building was constructed in two phases with the first phase of the building being the primary front facade, the Rotunda, and the Truett Auditorium, making the building at that time a "T" shape in plan.  This phase was designed by Wyatt C. Hedrick of Fort Worth.  The building is clad in yellow brick with a limestone portico supported by Ionic columns.  In 1955, Easterwood & Easterwood designed two wings on the building, named Fleming Hall on the east, and Scarborough Hall on the west.  Each of these wings slightly projects from the front facade with a pedimented bay.  The final configuration of this building is an "E" shape in plan.